• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

lol i don't think ive ever been involved in a bigger screw job than that game. credit to LJ cause he played great but just fucking ridiculous. 3rd and long, LJ completes it and there will be a 4th and short coming up. but there's a flag! roughing the passer. now LJ is in FG range with about 20 seconds left instead of having to go for it on 4th in his own territory with about 20 seconds left.

and then when i took the lead the drive before, my guy is wide open for the 2 point conversion.... dropped. i dropped 3 or 4 picks, LJ's guys caught all of mine. we both lost 1 fumble but my lost fumble didn't even come on a hard hit.... one of his guys was just running by and touched hunter and he fumbled standing up.

shouldn't have come down to what it did anyways. i threw a taint early when i had a guy open but the defender closed too fast on a crossing route and then i threw into coverage on VD

GCQuinton

Yeah I understand that. One thing I'm curious about since I don't know your roster, why did you not mix up the personnel packages more? I think you only went 3 wide on me once. I think if you mixed things up a little more on offense it would've been harder for me to stop you.

Part of that's me still learning the playbook and another part of that is me not trusting any WRs aside from Steve Smith and Greg Olsen right now. Last year, I would have been chucking the ball everywhere and throwing picks but I'm definitely more conservative. That first Smith TD on third down was me trying to catch you off guard more than anything, and thankfully it worked that time :lol.

And oh yeah, when DeAngelo comes back he's on the trade block.

Smokey

lol i don't think ive ever been involved in a bigger screw job than that game. credit to LJ cause he played great but just fucking ridiculous. 3rd and long, LJ completes it and there will be a 4th and short coming up. but there's a flag! roughing the passer. now LJ is in FG range with about 20 seconds left instead of having to go for it on 4th in his own territory with about 20 seconds left.

and then when i took the lead the drive before, my guy is wide open for the 2 point conversion.... dropped. i dropped 3 or 4 picks, LJ's guys caught all of mine. we both lost 1 fumble but my lost fumble didn't even come on a hard hit.... one of his guys was just running by and touched hunter and he fumbled standing up.

shouldn't have come down to what it did anyways. i threw a taint early when i had a guy open but the defender closed too fast on a crossing route and then i threw into coverage on VD

DAT AFC

Sucks when the game doesnt gift you a win huh

this hur

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Sucks when the game doesnt gift you a win huh

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Maybe you just need a better team...?

LiveWire

See, the problem is that I'm watching my daughter tonight until late when my wife gets home and she is sick and cranky. 5 pauses a half would not be enough to actually complete a game.....

Well since I'm a few hours behind you, late your time is no problem here. Of course, understandably you'd be tired as hell. Up to you, but like I said I'm around each night...we just have to be sure to get our game in by Thursday night.

Mrbob

FMT with that GG BUT!

Is the new Apple Maps the reason why Find My Friends is now complete fucking garbage?

I think so. They ditched googles mapping service for their own in IOS6. Will be interesting to see how this pans out. Google didn't want to stop offering their mapping service. Apple decided to end things with a half assed replacement. If I were Google, I'd give Apple the bird and keep Google Maps on Android only. This is going to be a huge selling point for many people who will switch over to Android Phones. With one stupid, arrogant move Apple may have just handed the entire phone market to Google.

Trasher

Good. Good. Let the Ramirez FLOW through you.

GG, man. These close losses are killing me...along with giving up 400 yards of offense.

I think I've won all my games by like a field goal or less. Everyone one has been super close. Just like the real Lions!

eznark

Banned
FMT with that GG BUT!

I think so. They ditched googles mapping service for their own in IOS6. Will be interesting to see how this pans out. Google didn't want to stop offering their mapping service. Apple decided to end things with a half assed replacement. If I were Google, I'd give Apple the bird and keep Google Maps on Android only. This is going to be a huge selling point for many people who will switch over to Android Phones. With one stupid move Apple may have just handed the entire phone market to Google.

iOS 6 is total garbage

Smokey

FMT with that GG BUT!

I think so. They ditched googles mapping service for their own in IOS6. Will be interesting to see how this pans out. Google didn't want to stop offering their mapping service. Apple decided to end things with a half assed replacement. If I were Google, I'd give Apple the bird and keep Google Maps on Android only. This is going to be a huge selling point for many people who will switch over to Android Phones. With one stupid move Apple may have just handed the entire phone market to Google.

bob with the hyperbole! and im still on a OG Evo

tryin to decide between a galaxy III or a iphone5 never had a apple product before...

eznark

Banned
sucks when you can't stay within single digits of your opponent huh :(
Salt-Chips1.jpg

daw840

Well since I'm a few hours behind you, late your time is no problem here. Of course, understandably you'd be tired as hell. Up to you, but like I said I'm around each night...we just have to be sure to get our game in by Thursday night.

I shouldn't have a problem making it happen tomorrow night around 8 CST.

If not tomorrow night, definitely thursday.

I have to do the same thing with the daughter tomorrow night, but hopefully she feels better.

LiveWire

Wow, FMT talking to CB like CB talks to Livewire

Even I was about to post this.

I shouldn't have a problem making it happen tomorrow night around 8 CST.

If not tomorrow night, definitely thursday.

I have to do the same thing with the daughter tomorrow night, but hopefully she feels better.

Ah shit daw I just remembered I have concert tickets tomorrow night at 7 Pacific. :( Let's shoot for Thursday then.

LJ11

-1 in the turnover battle and I won.

Think I got the better of the play in the first two quarters, though I threw a terrible pick to start my drive, too much air.

Fitz was 15-21 and threw 3 picks, so if FMT guys dropped picks then I should have thrown 6. I honestly don't recall dropped ints for either of us to be honest, but my head was racing so I may be wrong.

Definitely got lucky with a fumble, but small hands fumbled at least once and you recovered. And the fumble by Stevie was a hard hit, but I was trying to go out of bounds like always do, was inside the 20, no reason to fight for yards, but the physics kept him up after a broken tackle. Knew it would happen too, wasn't even trying to break it.

Honestly thought I was about to give that game away. Made one terrible read when I had Stevie open for 30-35 yards, went with max pro which I rarely do and I threw the pass too hard, int. I never keep the back in when I run that play, stupid of me because I knew it would be man so the LB would drop if FMT didn't blitz.

The last int was pure stupidity too, I was looking for the home run, went to my check down but receivers rubbed and actually put the CBs in better spots.

GG though, I just can't run on that D. If I could get a run game going I wouldn't have to pass, my guys are poor receivers for the most part.

Mrbob

Another NFC undefeated pretender falls from the ranks. Don't worry, FMT, I plan on keeping my banner up.

Did I just doom myself to an upset special by Rinse?

-1 in the turnover battle and I won.

Think I got the better of the play in the first two quarters, though I threw a terrible pick to start my drive, too much air.

Fitz was 15-21 and threw 3 picks, so if FMT guys dropped picks than I should have thrown 6. I honestly don't recall dropped ints for either of us to be honest, but my head was racing so I may be wrong.

Definitely got lucky with a fumble, but small hands fumbled at least once and you recovered. And the fumble by Stevie was a hard hit, but I was trying to go out of bounds like always do, was inside the 20, no reason to fight for yards, but the physics kept him up after a broken tackle. Knew it would happen too, wasn't even trying to break it.

Honestly thought I was about to give that game away. Made one terrible read when I had Stevie open for 30-35 yards, went with max pro which I rarely do and I threw the pass too hard, int. I never keep the back in when I run that play, stupid of me because I knew it would be man so the LB would drop if FMT didn't blitz.

The last int was pure stupidity too, I was looking for the home run, went to my check down but receivers rubbed and actually put the CBs in better spots.

GG though, I just can't run on that D. If I could get a run game going I wouldn't have to pass, my guys are poor receivers for the most part.

it was definitely an entertaining game. stevie johnson breaks out of bump coverage so easily so it's a gamble depending on what i think you are calling. i went with some zone blitzing quite a bit in the 2nd half, but on that 3rd and long i should have just played man defense. i suspected you wanted to go outside towards the sideline so i had my nickle back dropping into that purple zone towards the sideline but he just didn't get enough depth on it

we both got lucky on fumble recoveries and both lost 1 fumble. as for the dropped picks, the two i remember were your opening drive after you converted the 4th down, i had zone called and dropped underneath your outside guy on the left running a slant with larry grant and i just dropped it (bowman would have caught that!). and then in the 3rd quarter i had a zone blitz on with my cb sitting in the middle and he dropped it. you also had a couple dropped picks deep in the middle when i went for VD.

moss couldn't get off the bump for shit. maybe there is a difference in CCM cause moss is kinda crappy here whereas in community games he can make plays. oh well!

oh and i was SO CLOSE to ending it with a pick 6 when you threw in the flats to spiller and pwill was in a zone out there. i was just a step slow :(

LJ11

it was definitely an entertaining game. stevie johnson breaks out of bump coverage so easily so it's a gamble depending on what i think you are calling. i went with some zone blitzing quite a bit in the 2nd half, but on that 3rd and long i should have just played man defense. i suspected you wanted to go outside towards the sideline so i had my nickle back dropping into that purple zone towards the sideline but he just didn't get enough depth on it

we both got lucky on fumble recoveries and both lost 1 fumble. as for the dropped picks, the two i remember were your opening drive after you converted the 4th down, i had zone called and dropped underneath your outside guy on the left running a slant with larry grant and i just dropped it (bowman would have caught that!). and then in the 3rd quarter i had a zone blitz on with my cb sitting in the middle and he dropped it. you also had a couple dropped picks deep in the middle when i went for VD.

moss couldn't get off the bump for shit. maybe there is a difference in CCM cause moss is kinda crappy here whereas in community games he can make plays. oh well!

oh and i was SO CLOSE to ending it with a pick 6 when you threw in the flats to spiller and pwill was in a zone out there. i was just a step slow :(

Yeah, now that you mention it I remember the slants. One was late in the game, my receiver got inside so I thought I had it but the CB flashed in front of him. Totally forgot about the VD plays over the middle, I got a terrible switch, gave me the LB instead of the safety.

That pass to Spiller can always be a risk because I sometimes have to feather it like I did, but if I get the blocking, he's out.

We both can play better, but I'm not sure I can run better on that D.

Yeah, now that you mention it I remember the slants. One was late in the game, my receiver got inside so I thought I had it but the CB flashed in front of him. Totally forgot about the VD plays over the middle, I got a terrible switch, gave me the LB instead of the safety.

That pass to Spiller can always be a risk because I sometimes have to feather it like I did, but if I get the blocking, he's out.

We both can play better, but I'm not sure I can run better on that D.

you were extremely close to breaking a couple of those runs. on one of them it was just brooks and you between daylight and he barely tripped spiller up. my rb by committee didn't do too badly. jacobs is slow but once he gets a head of steam he can do some damage. i was trying to set you up outside and just go through the vacated middle but i think i only got you on it once for an 8 yard gain or so.

i did miss gore quite a bit but goldson really hurt. spillman isn't horrible but he didn't play the ball as well as goldson usually does.

also what happened with mark anderson? i remember he couldn't come back in the game in the 4th and it said something serious. he out for a while?

LJ11

you were extremely close to breaking a couple of those runs. on one of them it was just brooks and you between daylight and he barely tripped spiller up. my rb by committee didn't do too badly. jacobs is slow but once he gets a head of steam he can do some damage. i was trying to set you up outside and just go through the vacated middle but i think i only got you on it once for an 8 yard gain or so.

i did miss gore quite a bit but goldson really hurt. spillman isn't horrible but he didn't play the ball as well as goldson usually does.

also what happened with mark anderson? i remember he couldn't come back in the game in the 4th and it said something serious. he out for a while?

Torn abdominal, didn't check the length because I didn't want to ruin my W, will check when I log in for practice. He was actually a beast in that game, best game of the year for him.

Your OLBs really set the edge, I can't go around my tackles, and Willis cleans up. I made one really bad read on one run, should have cut it inside, lost yards instead. You're DL disengages so quickly too. Even when I get a lane, they come off the block and stop it for 2-3 yards.

Edit: Out for 3 weeks, I'll take it.

BigAT

FMT with that GG BUT!

Didn't even offer a "GG", it's only "but!".

Rorschach

Called it. AFC is murdah!

No one can. Then fmt is all like "why don't you run more?" And I'm like BITCH I CAN'T!

Sokantish

I only rushed with Peterson like 11 times on him but Peterson had like a 2.2 avg, so I quit running. Then he told me I should run more!

Sokantish

Poor Trasher only had 4 rushing attempts versus the 49ers, finished with a -.5yd avg.

No wonder FMT thinks rushing is so important to winning, he hasn't had a game with under 4.5 avg ypc

Most games he went over 5 yards easily per carry

Top Bottom