• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Sokantish

Well you don't have to worry now, Harvin's out forever, and DM made sure Owusu didn't get as much receiving yards as he deserved. He had almost 200 at that half before you pulled the plug DM, THANKS A LOT.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im gonna say this for the last damn time. You guys stat padding by passing the ball late is coming to an end. I dont mind as much calling a short passing play on 3rd down to keep the ball and clock moving. I dont mind taking back interceptions for TD's if your opponent still wants to throw when the game is decided. But otherwise you should be running the ball out. I get the whole stat and XP argument but these are your bro's you are playing against, not some random fucks. Its disrespectful and it needs to end.

We'll speak on the other side of it tomorrow.

Trasher

Well you don't have to worry now, Harvin's out forever, and DM made sure Owusu didn't get as much receiving yards as he deserved. He had almost 200 at that half before you pulled the plug DM, THANKS A LOT.

Well I just lost a 200 yard game (prior to stat padding). Harvin could still do it knowing his friggin numbers!

DMczaf

Im gonna say this for the last damn time. You guys stat padding by passing the ball late is coming to an end. I dont mind as much calling a short passing play on 3rd down to keep the ball and clock moving. I dont mind taking back interceptions for TD's if your opponent still wants to throw when the game is decided. But otherwise you should be running the ball out. I get the whole stat and XP argument but these are your bro's you are playing against, not some random fucks. Its disrespectful and it needs to end.

We'll speak on the other side of it tomorrow.

Thank you John Blake.

LukeSmith

Rors has been able to run up the score on people for years.

He's basically unstoppable on both sides of the ball, and yet, he's never posted huge, inflated stats like we've seen this year from folks. (He's had huge fucking blowouts, but if you check the stats from those games, they are still totally normal).

He's also consistently just stopped throwing once he has a huge lead. Same for guys like LJ - who also plays the game on a completely other level from most people in the league.

These guys, in addition to being two, if not, the best two players in the league, have never had a complaint leveled against them for running it up or padding stats.

Everyone needs to cool it on the stat padding. Shit up the thread with infighting, but don't shit up the game on the field with whatever stupid exploits and stat whoring you're doing against your fellow bros.

Colasante

I can assure you I haven't run the score up even once. Shame on all of you who do. Although to be honest I don't really care if it's done against me. But rules are rules.

Trasher

For what it's worth, Blue, sorry I did that in retaliation. I was pretty ticked off by those 4th down attempts; especially since they were successful and got you a TD (and forced me to call a TO when I figured you would go for the FG). And when it got to the end after you threw that pick, I figured I would just run the clock out via passing to CJ since it was my only opportunity this season yet where I had a solid shot at OPOTW. I feel like every week someone posts something stupid like 250+ yards and 5 TDs so I wanted to at least make an attempt and try since I was in range of similar numbers.

I've never run up the score or padded stats ever before.

People may have been saying it jokingly, but I thought it was something some of you did when you take in account the stupid EXP and shit. Regardless of that though, I mainly did it because I was pissed off.

Sokantish

I don't think what I do counts as running up the score because my defense is always so bad, so I'm innocent as well. It's mostly FMT doing it week after week. That guy is a jerk. The commish should punish him!

Mrbob

I don't think what I do counts as running up the score because my defense is always so bad, so I'm innocent as well. It's mostly FMT doing it week after week. That guy is a jerk. The commish should punish him!

Yup, I guarantee pwill got all his stats in garbage time!

bluemax

Banned
I didn't mean to cause a disconnect, I just wanted you to run the ball. I was beaten from the word go and I didn't want to take that away from you. It just felt really kind of classless for you to keep throwing since I had thrown 6 picks, gained less then 200 yards and was completely and hopelessly beaten. I didn't see why you needed to rub it in. Especially when my guys were so gassed and I was already down to like my third and fourth string corners because of injuries. With how tired my defense was I just wanted it over so that I didn't risk any more injuries.

And honestly if that deep pass of mine had been incomplete, I was going to run it, I just felt I owed it to myself to take one more shot. I probably should've just given up sooner and been running to save myself the INTs but I kept hoping I could make something happen.

Trasher

I didn't mean to cause a disconnect, I just wanted you to run the ball. I was beaten from the word go and I didn't want to take that away from you. It just felt really kind of classless for you to keep throwing since I had thrown 6 picks, gained less then 200 yards and was completely and hopelessly beaten. I didn't see why you needed to rub it in. Especially when my guys were so gassed and I was already down to like my third and fourth string corners because of injuries. With how tired my defense was I just wanted it over so that I didn't risk any more injuries.

And honestly if that deep pass of mine had been incomplete, I was going to run it, I just felt I owed it to myself to take one more shot. I probably should've just given up sooner and been running to save myself the INTs but I kept hoping I could make something happen.

I've lost so many games after leading at halftime by multiple scores. I wouldn't give up so early and play so desperate early on. It coulda been 14-10 at halftime. I don't understand why you thought it was over when it was only 14-0 with 5 min left in the second quarter.

So yeah, with you still trying to come back down 35-14 and throwing deep with around 2 min left or less than that, I figured what the hell. Might as well keep throwing it too. I have been known to blow some pretty large leads before...

bluemax

Banned
I really don't think I did anything prior to that final minute and a half that a real life head coach or pretty much every one in this league would do. I didn't do go for it out of disrespect, I went because my defense was gassed from you driving down the field on the opening drive and from the punt return I gave up after my first drive.

I didn't think it was over at that point, but I did feel I had very little momentum and since it was obvious your team was getting the Madden bonus and my DBs were gonna drop balls all game I went for it on fourth down in no man's land and then again when I had 2 yards to pay dirt since I had faith in my run game at that moment. If trying to capitalize on what little momentum I had is enough to incite someone to try and run it up in the fourth quarter then, I don't even know what the point of any of the rules we have are.

Since you already kicked my ass and you care so much about your stats as you've already acknowledged I'll do my practice and and other shit for the week and set my team to auto pilot so you can run it up on the CPU version of my team to your hearts content.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to cause a disconnect, I know I'm on a short leash. I just wanted the game over and I just wanted a minute and a half of sportsmanship but that was clearly too much to ask for.

Edit: Awesome, my dog shit in the living room while I was typing this. Fuck my life. I suck at Madden, I have no job, I have no money and now my dog is shitting in the fucking apartment. I'd rather be dead than wake up in the morning.

Trasher

I really don't think I did anything prior to that final minute and a half that a real life head coach or pretty much every one in this league would do. I didn't do go for it out of disrespect, I went because my defense was gassed from you driving down the field on the opening drive and from the punt return I gave up after my first drive.

I didn't think it was over at that point, but I did feel I had very little momentum and since it was obvious your team was getting the Madden bonus and my DBs were gonna drop balls all game I went for it on fourth down in no man's land and then again when I had 2 yards to pay dirt since I had faith in my run game at that moment. If trying to capitalize on what little momentum I had is enough to incite someone to try and run it up in the fourth quarter then, I don't even know what the point of any of the rules we have are.

Since you already kicked my ass and you care so much about your stats as you've already acknowledged I'll do my practice and and other shit for the week and set my team to auto pilot so you can run it up on the CPU version of my team to your hearts content.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to cause a disconnect, I know I'm on a short leash. I just wanted the game over and I just wanted a minute and a half of sportsmanship but that was clearly too much to ask for.

Edit: Awesome, my dog shit in the living room while I was typing this. Fuck my life. I suck at Madden, I have no job, I have no money and now my dog is shitting in the fucking apartment. I'd rather be dead than wake up in the morning.

Whoa whoa whoa. Dude. Let's not get too extreme here. I said I was sorry for doing that at the end of the game. I was in a pretty terrible mood before we started playing, and then that just really set me off after you went for those 4ths and got both of them. I know you didn't intentionally mean for the game to be ruined. I get that. I'm sorry the rest of your life isn't going so well right now, and I didn't mean to make things any worse for you. I suck at Madden too. Luckily that game was really generous to me though. I got a lot of breaks. To be honest, the CPU will probably kick my ass.

Please don't say things like that. Now I feel even worse. :(

e23529d60c4d11e28c261231381b3d45_7.jpg

Why you gotta be a stereotype smokey?

lmao I thought the same thing when i saw that thread

i cant see what roddy white is holding with his left hand though

DCX

DCX
30 ints!!!! 30!!

3-4 record. If I threw half of those I would be 4-3 or even 5-1!!

Who am I kidding. It would result in more punts and chances for my opponents to score anyway :/

DCX

Smokey

lmao I thought the same thing when i saw that thread

i cant see what roddy white is holding with his left hand though

hey if those african americans wanna smoke it up and possibly get arrested before hop step spinning with d rose i aint mad at em

what thread is that from

BigAT

Levious, what's your availability like today/tomorrow? I'm seeing Looper at some point tonight, but other than that I should be around.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
how about tomorrow night? Anytime after 7 or 730 est?

Did we already advance or are we advancing tonight?

Rorschach

He admits its going to be an ass whoopin! Cocky bastard!

Ass whoopin' for me. :( He means he's gonna be there for my ass. :/

I was walking and typing! Quick messages. I would have wellie'd if I had more time! Probably gonna be an even matchup, though. Glad I got McFadden back to match Charles.

Splat

Everyone hurry up so I can finish my bye week :( Changes are a comin' to the Bengals offense!

Ram wasn't kidding, rest of schedule gonna be hard as shit :(

GCQuinton

Despite my record, I actually like where my defense is at right now even if it feels like we're the "bend, but don't break" poster childs. We give up yards, but get it together when it counts most of the time. If I could get a little more consistent on offense, the Panthers will be okay. Hopefully.

Colasante

Despite my record, I actually like where my defense is at right now even if it feels like we're the "bend, but don't break" poster childs. We give up yards, but get it together when it counts most of the time. If I could get a little more consistent on offense, the Panthers will be okay. Hopefully.

I think the problem is that your team doesn't have enough overpaid running backs yet. Are you sure you don't want to trade for Beanie Wells? Hm?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yeah, I should be able to do that. We already advanced.

ah, just noticed you were trying to play last night, sorry for putting you off another day but I have dinner plans and another league game to play tonight.

I expect this game to be very different than week one as I am committed to benching romo after 4 picks.

GCQuinton

I think the problem is that your team doesn't have enough high paid running backs yet. Are you sure you don't want to trade for Beanie Wells? Hm?

We're exceeding our quota there so we're good :)

In the last two leagues, I've traded DeAngelo away to get better in other areas and let J-Stew handle the rushing duties since I don't really need them all (especially with Tolbert now). Probably gonna try to move him in the offseason, depending on what I can get for him.

Rorschach

We're exceeding our quota there so we're good :)

In the last two leagues, I've traded DeAngelo away to get better in other areas and let J-Stew handle the rushing duties since I don't really need them all (especially with Tolbert now). Probably gonna try to move him in the offseason, depending on what I can get for him.

Trade you Goodson for Bruce Campbell!

Top Bottom