• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Trasher

Why would you be freaking out?

I really don't think I did anything prior to that final minute and a half that a real life head coach or pretty much every one in this league would do. I didn't do go for it out of disrespect, I went because my defense was gassed from you driving down the field on the opening drive and from the punt return I gave up after my first drive.

I didn't think it was over at that point, but I did feel I had very little momentum and since it was obvious your team was getting the Madden bonus and my DBs were gonna drop balls all game I went for it on fourth down in no man's land and then again when I had 2 yards to pay dirt since I had faith in my run game at that moment. If trying to capitalize on what little momentum I had is enough to incite someone to try and run it up in the fourth quarter then, I don't even know what the point of any of the rules we have are.

Since you already kicked my ass and you care so much about your stats as you've already acknowledged I'll do my practice and and other shit for the week and set my team to auto pilot so you can run it up on the CPU version of my team to your hearts content.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to cause a disconnect, I know I'm on a short leash. I just wanted the game over and I just wanted a minute and a half of sportsmanship but that was clearly too much to ask for.

Edit: Awesome, my dog shit in the living room while I was typing this. Fuck my life. I suck at Madden, I have no job, I have no money and now my dog is shitting in the fucking apartment. I'd rather be dead than wake up in the morning.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Tell me I am crazy.

One of my weekly goals is 250 Passing Yards Allowed. The description reads - "We're facing a good offense this week, shut down their passing game to earn XP." It's worth 750 XP so sure as shit I noticed that I got it this week after playing Sanjo earlier.

The problem is that I allowed 269 yards.

Further, I hadn't noticed it at all this season. I've only ever allowed more than 250 yards in this game and in week 1.

So my question is, this stupid goal, if anyone else has it, is it fucked up for them where they have to allow more than 250 passing yards to actually get it?

I've gotten the milestone goals of Allow 200/250 yards or less with no problems when I earn it.

Rorschach

GG Rors....drops killed me.

Sorry about that shit at the end....don't think you have to pull back for me. That was a really good game and I'm happy to have kept it as close as I did against you.

edit: Sometimes I wish I weren't in the AFC Best. I might actually make the playoffs in another division, lol.

GG. I wasn't gonna just run that in. :p Was trying to get out of bounds or cleanly tackled since this game doesn't have slide for HBs. If you paused it or flew away from the player, I might think about it since I'd think you wanted the ball back or something.

Very close game. We both got away with some throws, but in the end the ball bounced my way more. Berry is a beast. Dude is everywhere. I no longer felt safe throwing within 20 yards of him.

You played a good defensive game and that was a killer 2 min drive to end the half. Wish I could have a replay of that Charles TD. When that guy decides he doesn't want to go down, he just doesn't. :p Slippery bastard!

[edit] Oh yeah, and your front seven had their way with my OL! Never thought I'd be trying to run anywhere with Palmer lol

BigAT

Tell me I am crazy.

One of my weekly goals is 250 Passing Yards Allowed. The description reads - "We're facing a good offense this week, shut down their passing game to earn XP." It's worth 750 XP so sure as shit I noticed that I got it this week after playing Sanjo earlier.

The problem is that I allowed 269 yards.

Further, I hadn't noticed it at all this season. I've only ever allowed more than 250 yards in this game and in week 1.

So my question is, this stupid goal, if anyone else has it, is it fucked up for them where they have to allow more than 250 passing yards to actually get it?

I've gotten the milestone goals of Allow 200/250 yards or less with no problems when I earn it.

I meant to say something about this a while ago. There have been a ton of games where I haven't allowed 250 yards passing and I've never actually gotten the experience for it.

DCX

DCX
Asante passed his quota for ints and I haven't gotten the xp bonus. Unless it unlocks when the season is over but FMT said he has gotten pwill xp already.

DCX

LukeSmith

Asante passed his quota for ints and I haven't gotten the xp bonus. Unless it unlocks when the season is over but FMT said he has gotten pwill xp already.

DCX

Pwilly's shit is just for dominating in the game. I think you don't get the INT quota shit until after the season, they are "season goals" after all, and I bet they all award at one time as a part of the offseason ritual?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

why-dont-you-make-like-a-tree.jpg

LJ11

I meant to say something about this a while ago. There have been a ton of games where I haven't allowed 250 yards passing and I've never actually gotten the experience for it.

Sacks may be messing it up, pretty sure I've gotten it before.

after a long discussion, we unfortunately have to institute an anti-running-up-the-score rule in the league. there is too much of this shit going on.

i'll put this in the OP as well but basically:

if you are up by 3 scores or more (17 points) with 3 minutes or left in the game, you shouldn't be throwing the ball deep. you can throw the ball but just chucking it up for the remainder of the game is a no-no. you should just be running the ball and running the playclock down to 1 second.

if you are trying to run the clock out and your opponent is taking timeouts to stop the clock, it doesn't give you free reign to start throwing deep to "teach them a lesson". run the fucking clock out.

if you are trying to kneel the ball to run the clock out, and your opponent takes a timeout, you can run regular plays (run or pass) but again, you don't need to start chucking up bombs. run the ball or throw a short pass and continue running the clock.

different situations are going to call for different things. i'm not going to spell out EVERY.SINGLE.POSSIBLE.SITUATION. and what should be done but i shouldn't have to. we aren't fucking idiots here. if the game is (for all intents and purposes) over, then there is no need to pile it on. it's tempting for XP but just don't.

IF you break these rules, you will have a player (which will be picked depending on his value to your team) suspended for 4 games. if you continue to do this, then drizzler or someone else will have your spot in the league before long! this shouldn't happen again. this shouldn't even be a discussion but apparently it has to be.

STOP RUNNING UP THE SCORE AND STAT PADDING.

drama is all well and good but complaining about every little thing.... stat padding, running up the score, 4th downs, etc. there is nothing fun about that. lets stick to complaining about how the madden AI screwed you out of a close victory!

Trasher

after a long discussion, we unfortunately have to institute an anti-running-up-the-score rule in the league. there is too much of this shit going on.

if you are up by 3 scores or more (17 points) with 3 minutes or left in the game, you shouldn't be throwing the ball deep. you can throw the ball but just chucking it up for the remainder of the game is a no-no. you should just be running the ball and running the playclock down to 1 second.

if you are trying to run the clock out and your opponent is taking timeouts to stop the clock, it doesn't give you free reign to start throwing deep to "teach them a lesson". run the fucking clock out.

if you are trying to kneel the ball to run the clock out, and your opponent takes a timeout, you can run regular plays (run or pass) but again, you don't need to start chucking up bombs. run the ball or throw a short pass and continue running the clock.

different situations are going to call for different things. i'm not going to spell out EVERY.SINGLE.POSSIBLE.SITUATION. and what should be done but i shouldn't have to. we aren't fucking idiots here. if the game is (for all intents and purposes) over, then there is no need to pile it on. it's tempting for XP but just don't.

IF you break these rules, you will have a player (which will be picked depending on his value to your team) suspended for 4 games. if you continue to do this, then drizzler or someone else will have your spot in the league before long! this shouldn't happen again. this shouldn't even be a discussion but apparently it has to be.

drama is all well and good but complaining about every little thing.... stat padding, running up the score, 4th downs, etc. there is nothing fun about that. lets stick to complaining about how the madden AI screwed you out of a close victory!
I'd prefer to just complain about P Willy.

Birdman02

Birdman, let me know when you can play. Damn, I just noticed that you're undefeated, should be a good game.

I'm pretty sure I've never beaten you, but I think most of them have been close games.

Anyway, tonight is probably a no-go for me. I have no idea when I'm leaving work. I should be able to play tomorrow or Thursday night around 9-9:30 est or later though.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
bigat, my opponent in my other league might be postponing til tomorrow, would you want to play tonight? i have been drinking...

Smokey

lol shit gettin real gg trashbucket

TheCrow

I'm pretty sure I've never beaten you, but I think most of them have been close games.

Anyway, tonight is probably a no-go for me. I have no idea when I'm leaving work. I should be able to play tomorrow or Thursday night around 9-9:30 est or later though.

We've only played a couple times but they have been close. Tomorrow night is fine. I get out of class at around 9pm cst so 10pm your time. I think.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Im sad you'd put another league before us in the first place!

but I actually win in my other league! Playing bigat and you is like playing some big brother I never beat, "good game levious, must have sucked throwing that late pick, then another when you somehow got another chance even later."

Ferny

As of right now I think 9:30 CT is probably safe. I may make it sooner, maybe not, but that's probably a safe time to shoot for

Ok cool. We'll just shoot for that time. I'll be back by 10:30 my time so that way we don't miss each other if I don't check the thread before hand.

Sanjuro

I followed these rules (already anticipating) and lost today.

Fuck this establishment!

Somnia

When you benching Andre Johnson for what you did against Somnia.

I have yet to complain about someone running up the score, the only thing I've complained about is Sanjuro getting the ball back on a bug and going down to FG in under a minute, but again that was only because of a bug, if he had done it for real I wouldn't have cared.

You might be bullshitting, but I just wanted to point that out.

Top Bottom