• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Rorschach

FMT's team proves this wrong. LeSean has a 96 carry rating i think and still fumbles ATLEAST once a game against him

He has fumbled once a game this season except the AZ game where he barely got any touches. MADDEN PROPHECY!

But yeah, you can add an asterisk after every post for the 9ers defense.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I get depressed trying to make Taylor Mays useful in coverage. in the 50's for both Play Recognition and Awareness :(
If you want to get rid of him I could offer you a trade. I don't want to have my SS's in coverage at all so he works well for me.

Splat

If you want to get rid of him I could offer you a trade. I don't want to have my SS's in coverage at all so he works well for me.

Nah I'm not looking to trade him, he's awesome. And I am working on zone stuff first, but he's terrible at the other things at times. I might just crank his hit power who knows

McNei1y

It's interesting seeing other people have these questions too. I was even talking in the NHL party chat a couple of days ago about what "Release" is. I actually had no idea. I mean it makes sense since it was explained to me but I always thought Acceleration and Agility where about that.

I still don't know what BCV, IB, and one another attribute that I can't think of are all about.

Trasher

Yeah I feel like a lot of them blend in together and seem pretty much the same. For example Play Recognition and Awareness. Aren't those sort of the same thing? What's more important?

DCX

DCX
Yeah I feel like a lot of them blend in together and seem pretty much the same. For example Play Recognition and Awareness. Aren't those sort of the same thing? What's more important?
We know awareness is the x factor multiplier to increase over. You can have two identical players, X have 50 awr and Z have 90 awr and player X is a 75 and player Z is an 85.

Certain stats translate regardless of ovr and awr. speed, hit power, throe power, kick power and inj. These attributes always translate tangibly on field.

DCX

Colasante

We know awareness is the x factor multiplier to increase over. You can have two identical players, X have 50 awr and Z have 90 awr and player X is a 75 and player Z is an 85.

Certain stats translate regardless of ovr and awr. speed, hit power, throe power, kick power and inj. These attributes always translate tangibly on field.

DCX

Does awareness actually have any impact on the field, or is it just for the cosmetic overall rating upgrade?

DCX

DCX
Does awareness actually have any impact on the field, or is it just for the cosmetic overall rating upgrade?
IDK. EA has never revealed the purpose. If you test CB to comeback routes with low awr vs high awr will they react better? Idk. Then again maybe its the play recognition that makes it work. So then testing high PR with low or high rating CBs on comebacks. Maybe CBs with low awr and PR vs high in awr and PR.

Might be the only way to test. It might be all bullshit and CBs with high speed get to defend the comeback better than those with high in either attribute.

Its magic dust.

DCX

Rorschach

It's interesting seeing other people have these questions too. I was even talking in the NHL party chat a couple of days ago about what "Release" is. I actually had no idea. I mean it makes sense since it was explained to me but I always thought Acceleration and Agility where about that.

I still don't know what BCV, IB, and one another attribute that I can't think of are all about.

Bitch, I just told you what IB is! BCV is ball carrier vision. It's the back's ability to see the field/blocks/holes. Almost useless for player controlled backs.

Acceleration is how fast a player can go from dead stop to full speed. If someone is jamming them, it's moot. Agility is the ability to move laterally without changing too much speed.

I explained a few pages back the best attributes for WRs. Before we even started this knowledgefest. But nah, y'all just want to look at speed and maybe catch. smh

or a lineman reacting to a screen

Correct.

Rorschach

When I get back, I'll go through all the attributes, which are important for which position, and which are unimportant.

Hopefully, I don't detail everything for no reason. :p

Trasher

All this info should be in the op :)

DCX

All of this info should be easily accessible on EA's site.

I know some of you might think this sounds crazy, but I miss myleaguemanager and it's stats. I hate not being able to look at all the league leaders and whatnot.

Top Bottom