• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

eznark

Banned
Heh, sorry Sok my daughter decided I'd played enough xbox and should get back to work. Walked right into my office and turned off the 360 before I could get out from behind my desk!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It's mighty big of both of you to admit to everyone you rely on cheesy Madden players, rather than skill, to win games.
That's a lot of talk from someone who can't play for shit and allows their overrated AI defense to do all the dirty work. Please defend your consistent use and abuse of bullshit (but speedy!) TEs throughout the entirety of the existence of the GAF Madden leagues/tourneys.

My point was for the past couple of days I've spent time looking up what all the traits do, and I have a good handle on it now, everyone's just getting it for free. I'm not against it, just everyone should put in some work or like CB said this is basically 5th grade sex ed. That's all I'm saying.

Edit: Good to see trasher, the originator of WR stat inflation cheese, agree with Bob.

LukeSmith

That's a lot of talk from someone who can't play for shit and allows their overrated AI defense to do all the dirty work. Please defend your consistent use and abuse of bullshit (but speedy!) TEs throughout the entirety of the existence of the GAF Madden leagues/tourneys.

My point was for the past couple of days I've spent time looking up what all the traits do, and I have a good handle on it now, everyone's just getting it for free. I'm not against it, just everyone should put in some work or like CB said this is basically 5th grade sex ed. That's all I'm saying.

Edit: Good to see trasher, the originator of WR stat inflation cheese, agree with Bob.

Actually this year, Bobby wasn't getting as much out of his tight ends. I'll tell you what he's doing this year on IM

TheCrow

so that's your advantage...looking at attributes...aka game the game..which you just admitted

i aint mad at ya
I wouldn't call that gaming the game, it's just seeing how certain attributes play out on the field and adapting it to my playstyle. I feel that Wellie and I are comparable in how we approach the game but our playstyles are pretty different. IIRC, wellie is more zone with occasional blitzes, while I play man d all game with no blitzes.

Trasher

lol give me a break, Wellie. I'm no stat padder.

I just find it funny that you guys actually think that people should have to look up information that should already be readily available to anyone who wants it. I understand that stuff like that draft list documenting all the college players takes away the whole point of scouting (and I feel like people should stay away from it), but stuff like these attributes should have a friggin description under them so you know what the hell you are upgrading. Why EA didn't do this makes no sense. We shouldn't have to scour the fucking internet to find out what the hell "Impact Blocking" does.

You guys keep talking lately about making the league more sim by trying to level things out a bit, and a good way of doing that is helping to explain what some of this shit does. I'm not asking that people lay out their strategies, but if there's certain information not easily available and is quite important to the actual gameplay, it should be explained.

Bobs offense is easy to stop and I'll p willis

That doesn't prove much. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I just find it funny that you guys actually think that people should have to look up information that should already be readily available to anyone who wants it. I understand that stuff like that draft list documenting all the college players takes away the whole point of scouting (and I feel like people should stay away from it), but stuff like these attributes should have a friggin description under them so you know what the hell you are upgrading. Why EA didn't do this makes no sense. We shouldn't have to scour the fucking internet to find out what the hell "Impact Blocking" does.

You guys keep talking lately about making the league more sim by trying to level things out a bit, and a good way of doing that is helping to explain what some of this shit does. I'm not asking that people lay out their strategies, but if there's certain information not easily available and is quite important to the actual gameplay, it should be explained.

I agree.

McNei1y

Good post. EA actually explains all the stats in NHL. They're is a "help" button that brings up all the stats and then gives like a 2-3 sentence explanation of what each does... I don't see how Madden can't fucking take the time to do that.

Also, in NHL, Def. Awareness and Off. Awareness actually attribute to pretty much EVERYTHING... Well, at least skills rather than physical traits. For example: Def. Awareness will help your player poke check, hip check, block shots, contain passing lanes, etc.

eznark

Banned
Good post. EA actually explains all the stats in NHL. They're is a "help" button that brings up all the stats and then gives like a 2-3 sentence explanation of what each does... I don't see how Madden can't fucking take the time to do that.

Also, in NHL, Def. Awareness and Off. Awareness actually attribute to pretty much EVERYTHING... Well, at least skills rather than physical traits. For example: Def. Awareness will help your player poke check, hip check, block shots, contain passing lanes, etc.

What does "faceoff" do for non-centers? Reaction time?

Trasher

I mean maybe I'm wrong and all this shit is available somewhere on EA's website. But you all know how much I fucking hate that thing, and I can never find what I'm looking for on it.

What does "faceoff" do for non-centers? Reaction time?

Is that where they hike the puck to the goalie?

That is part of the reason we brought this up. There has to be a reason and I think the knowledge shared here will help

Mrbob

More transparency is a good thing. Far too often we see the same teams in the playoffs. By imparting knowledge to everyone it allows a better chance to shake things up. We need to reach NFL level of parity! Of course this is impossible with the auto win niners but at least everyone else can be on the same level!

More transparency is a good thing. For too often we see the same teams in the playoffs. By imparting knowledge to everyone it allows a better chance to shake things up. We need to reach NFL level of parity! Of course this is impossible with the auto win niners but at least everyone else can be on the same level!

LJ beat me with one of the worst teams in the game!

I can't wait to crush you

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
More transparency is a good thing. For too often we see the same teams in the playoffs. By imparting knowledge to everyone it allows a better chance to shake things up. We need to reach NFL level of parity! Of course this is impossible with the auto win niners but at least everyone else can be on the same level!

You will always be you, Bob

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Upcoming Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Details

Hey Madden fans, I'm Josh Looman, senior designer on Madden NFL 13. I'm here to give you some additional information on another post-release update that is scheduled to be released around October 16th.

We’ve been monitoring the forums, Facebook and Twitter for your feedback and our entire team has worked really hard to deliver what we feel is a pretty substantial update to Madden NFL 13. I hope you agree!

Here are the highlights:

Feature Additions:

Custom Rosters Offline: Added the ability to start an offline career with a custom roster.

Connected Careers Edit Player: Added the ability to edit gear and information for players in a league.

Coach Mode in Connected Careers: Added the ability to use coach mode in Connected Careers.

Changing Schemes in Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach.

Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.

Draft Clock: Added a draft clock during the draft that is displayed on screen if you leave the draft interface to view rosters, depth charts, etc.

Draft Filter: Added a filter to the draft screen to display players that have been drafted.

Connected Careers Practice XP: Added the ability for user controlled players to earn extra XP in practice mode through the stats they accumulate.

Tuning/Fixes:

Gameplay Tuning:

- Fixed an issue where WRs were dropping too many passes when playing on All Madden difficulty setting.

- Fixed an issue where it was too easy to time the kick meter on FGs and PATs in user vs. user games.

- Fixed an issue where punt returners were moving away from the landing spot if you called a fair catch while letting the CPU control the player.

- Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.

Commentary:

- Added over a dozen logic fixes to make our commentary more intelligent.

Presentation:

- Fixed an issue where specific offensive player celebrations were not triggering.

- Fixed an issue where the referee was backwards when calling a penalty.

- Fixed an issue with the Giants away uniforms (missing a sleeve stripe).

Connected Careers:

- Fixed an issue where Offline Gameplay AI/Logic did not match the logic in Play Now.

- Fixed an issue where playing the game on All-Madden is too easy.

- Fixed an issue where changing the camera setting in CCM game works for single player.

- Fixed an issue where League Sliders had limited impact on difficulty.

- Fixed an issue where the Accelerated Clock did not function in an online CCM game when the option was set to On.

- Fixed an issue where you could not turn on/off GameFlow in CCM.

- Fixed an issue where you were unable to sign Free Agents during the season.

- Fixed an issue where 'Starting a League' would reset Player Schemes.

- Fixed an issue where after declining a trade offer, you are no longer able to accept or decline another offer.

- Fixed an issue where you could exploit supersim to run the game clock indefinitely.

- Fixed some spelling and polish issues in the News and Twitter.

- Fixed an issue where a coach could make a contract offer to a user controlled player.

- Fixed an issue where you are forced to select a throwing style for a created player that is not a QB.

- Fixed an issue where turning Auto-Start to off does not save week to week.

- Fixed an issue where you can see rookie overall ratings by accessing the player card of the prospect through Team Needs.

- Fixed an issue where changing Auto-Sub Frequency does not change the correct data.

- Fixed an issue where the profanity filter was preventing offline players from typing in their names.

- Fixed an issue where you can draft a player and then trade down while the draft is paused. The issue resulted in the user keeping both the traded picks and drafted player.

Stability:

- Fixed numerous crashes.

- Fixed an issue with the in-game pause menu disappearing.

Madden Ultimate Team:

- Changed the Packs button to Store Button.

- Condensed Leaderboards and Help menus.

- Implemented the ability to view videos from the hub.

- Implemented Store Panel Changes.

- Moved Auctions/Trades to a separate menu option.

- Fixed several Solo Challenge exploits

Playbooks:

- Fixed an issue where theHail Mary formation in a custom playbook had a blank play that resulted in a broken formation and invisible players if selected.

Well, there you have it. We hope you enjoy this title update and have fun in your Connected Careers!

Alot of good stuff there

Sokantish

I'm liking this one

- Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
- Fixed an issue where punt returners were moving away from the landing spot if you called a fair catch while letting the CPU control the player.

This one is good too.

Top Bottom