• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

TheCrow

Yeah players do get xp from practice and oh no, I missed one. Sorry I can't help with the QB xp since I use it as soon as I can and I'm not sure if I upgraded Osweiler.

Trasher

It's my experience that practice XP definitely goes to players, I believe that it calls out in a given scenario in the selection screen which ones just benefit the coach. No clue how guys are getting it other than practice on my team, because these dudes (back-up QBs, fourth string running backs) aren't seeing the field at all.

Does it have to do with whether their progression shit is "Superstar" or whatever maybe?

Another thing I was wondering about the packages is how can you check what your guy already has? Is the only way to just do it by method of elimination and checking what's there for one player and what's not there for another player? Like I noticed Stafford has the "Clutch Player" package available and CJ doesn't. So I'm assuming CJ already has that package without me ever having to purchase it.

bluemax

Banned
Hey could you guys check your back-up quarterbacks, as in, guys who have never taken the field ever and post how much XP they have (and if you complete practice every week and at what point value).

Also include what your coach type is and if you've spent any Coach XP boosters on your QBs:

Only include players you haven't spent ANY XP on.

(Reason: LJ and I are trying to figure out why his QBs aren't getting points and mine are)

Format:
Colts - Chandler Harnish 13.5k XP, 1800 pt practice each week, Strategist

I've been spending XP every week but I'm pretty sure Matt Flynn has earned more XP this season than Russell Wilson, despite doing nothing but holding on kicks.

TheCrow

Does it have to do with whether their progression shit is "Superstar" or whatever maybe?

Another thing I was wondering about the packages is how can you check what your guy already has? Is the only way to just do it by method of elimination and checking what's there for one player and what's not there for another player? Like I noticed Stafford has the "Clutch Player" package available and CJ doesn't. So I'm assuming CJ already has that package without me ever having to purchase it.

Look at their player card. I think you can get it from the roster screen.

LJ11

coach xp (1800) is separate from player xp. Motivator isnt the xp bonus, thats strategist, and it only makes the xp boost packages cheaper, xp does not automatically accumulate faster.

P willis is going to earn xp fast because he has "superstar" development speed, whereas Tjack is probably normal or slow.

Right, that's what I thought, then Luke mind fucked me. Whatever, have no clue, I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
It's my experience that practice XP definitely goes to players, I believe that it calls out in a given scenario in the selection screen which ones just benefit the coach. No clue how guys are getting it other than practice on my team, because these dudes (back-up QBs, fourth string running backs) aren't seeing the field at all.

his mention of the 1800 number made me think that he expected all his players to get 1800 from a successful practice. I didn't mean to imply that players don't earn any from practice. I also assumed that tjack is not playing for him, so he shouldn't be earning xp.

Our backups earned xp in the preseason and perhaps still if they get out there on special teams.

That 1800 number should not go to all the players, but there are some scenarios that specify only coach earns xp like you said.

Rorschach

Go to roster. Click on player card. LT drop down menu to TRAITS. :]

DCX

DCX
i use my points on attributes as soon as i can buy something i want to upgrade. There is some players i'm saving to upgrade a trait! My backups barely get any, but like i said i go player by player each wee and see what i want to save for or want to buy.

DCX

Mrbob

Is there a way to see if your player cashes in on weekly goals?

Cutler has a weekly goal of 24 completions and 250 yards.

My last game I went 24/27 and over 300 yards with him, yet I don't think I received any points. Do these not kick in until the week is over?

Rorschach

Is there a way to see if your player cashes in on weekly goals?

Cutler has a weekly goal of 24 completions and 250 yards.

My last game I went 24/27 and over 300 yards with him, yet I don't think I received any points. Do these not kick in until the week is over?

It tells you after your game in the Actions section.

That said, I have yet to receive any for my QB's weekly goals. >:|

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Kaepernick - 6000 points, i usually do 1800 pts for practice but there were a couple weeks i didn't. he has never seen the field (practice or otherwise)

he would have earned xp in preseason simmed games I believe.

I hope the coach type thing isn't a big deal, how could I resist madden/lombardi?

LukeSmith

Which coach option gives more XP? lol

Also, it is kind of ridiculous that there are like 9-10 QB's above 15 ints.

It is easier than ever to get INTs via Ballhawk and the windows - like I've said - are so much tighter. For me, it's been a messy, messy adjustment. I'm just glad I can play 2 man under and hold Y on defense with the Colts and steal a game here and there

Mrbob

Y sometimes fucks you over though. I've had situations where my CB jumps away from the ball by pressing Y. It's inconsistently annoying.

I have 25 picks lol. I'm just saying that compared to last year, the highest amount at this point was like 11 or some shit.

I'm pretty sure Sanjuro had 11 picks after game one. Definitely by the end of game two!

Trasher

Splat, could you play tonight after the advance?

I thought we weren't advancing until tomorrow. Are the remaining games getting done tonight?

Y sometimes fucks you over though. I've had situations where my CB jumps away from the ball by pressing Y. It's inconsistently annoying.

I'm pretty sure Sanjuro had 11 picks after game one. Definitely by the end of game two!

Pretty sure I easily had 11 beat at this point in time last year.

McNei1y

It is easier than ever to get INTs via Ballhawk and the windows - like I've said - are so much tighter. For me, it's been a messy, messy adjustment. I'm just glad I can play 2 man under and hold Y on defense with the Colts and steal a game here and there

True.

Also, has it been proven that players get XP from practice? And I'm asking this question to figure if I should play longer practices or if the difficulty adds some modifier.

TheCrow

True.

Also, has it been proved that players get XP from practice? And I'm asking this question to figure if I should play longer practices or if the difficulty adds some modifier.

They do earn xp since I check before and after I did my practice for the week.

DCX

DCX
Ball hawk works for and against you depending on your current and to the ball. I had it completely take a different angle when I was already taking the proper angle. I may have activated it to late.

Levious, idk if you are up to double dipping but I'd stay up late for it if you were :)

DCX

LukeSmith

storybook let me know if you can play; I'm only available tonight or tomorrow night, then I am gone until next Friday (October 12th). Thanks!

lemme help
NNHyN.jpg

Sokantish

Oh whoops. I was looking ahead an extra week. Just kidding, friend! You get a bonus week to think about how you are gonna prevent my stat padding.

My plan is you're gonna run it up against Rinse because you're a jerk and then CJ gets suspended for 4 games. Unless Rinse beats you, then nevermind

McNei1y

Also, practice scenarios are dumb... I mean:

DEFENSE! (you'll play defense. this practice will last the full 4 quarters. If you defend them you'll have what it takes)

All it is, is you starting on defense. Then it's just a scrim against the CPU when you get the ball... lol

Top Bottom