• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

bluemax

Banned
Oh, I thought blue said it was all available in the scheme section, so I didn't bother. I think he may be right. I'll check right now.

It tells you based on what you set your preference to what attributes are most important. It doesn't really tell you what they do, but it still makes it so you know whats more important on a position by position basis.

Rorschach

Ok, so we'll go over what the attributes mean.

SPD - What you have the need for.
ACC - Acceleration - how fast you can get from a stopped to full speed.
STR - Strength
AGI - How fast your player can make sudden directional changes without sacrificing too much speed
AWR - Awareness - how fast your player can react to situations. Not used for player controlled characters.
ELU - Elusiveness - your player's ability to shed tackles. [Counter to TAK]
BCV - Ball carrier vision - your player's ability to see the open field, holes, and blocks. Not really used since we control players with the ball.
CAR - Carry - your player's ability to hold on to the ball. [Counter to POW]
JKM - Juke move - your player's ability to perform a juke move successfully.
SPM - Spin move- your player's ability to perform a successful spin move.
SFA - Stiff arm - your player's ability to perform a successful spin move.
TRK - Trucking - your player's ability to bowl over defenders [Counter to TAK]
CTH- Catching - player's base ability to catch the ball. How good their hands are.
CIT - Catch in traffic - player's ability to catch the ball in traffic. Players with high CIT hold on to the ball when getting hit.[Counter to POW]
SPC - Spectacular catch - player's ability to perform circus catches. These include stretching out for the ball, jump balls, and end zone catches. Sideline catches are now their own trait. [Counter to Ball Hawk]
RTE - Route running - player's ability to run routes. [Counter to MCV/ZCV]
RLS - Release - player's ability to shed/beat jamming at the line of scrimmage. [Counter to PRS]
JMP - Jumping
THP - Throw power - How far/hard a player can throw the ball.
SAC - Short accuracy - How accurate a player's short throws are.
MAC - Mid accuracy - how accurate a player's medium throws are.
DAC - Deep accuracy - how accurate a player's deep throws are.
RUN - Throw on the run - how accurate a player can throw while running.
PBK - Pass blocking - how well a player can defend against pass rush. [Counter to FMV]
RBK - Run blocking - how well a player can run block. [Counter to PMV]
IBL - Impact blocking - how well a player can block in space. Think of it as a counter to LBs and second level blocking.
TAK - Tackling - how sure of a tackler your player is.
POW - Hit power - how hard your player hits. Can cause fumbles and may take players out. Is aided by Big Hitter trait.
BSH - Block shed - your player's ability to shed blocks. This allows your player to get off blocks to make a play. Useful against the run.
FMV - Finesse move - basically the line's spin move to get around OL.
PMV - Power move - line's power move to get around the OL.
PUR - Pursuit - player's ability to chase down the ball carrier. This allows a player to get to the ball carrier and take good angles.
MCV - Man coverage rating
ZCV - Zone coverage
PRS - Press - how well a player can jam a receiver at the line.
PRC - Play recognition - player's ability to recognize the play. The higher that players have their PRC rating, the more likely they are to recognize whether it's a run, pass, or play action. For defensive ends, it allows them to recognize screens.
KPW - Kick power
KAC - Kick accuracy
RET - Return ability - the player's ability to field punts and kicks without fumbling.
STA - Stamina - how fast a player gets tired. The higher, the less often they need a breather.
TGH - Toughness - Beats the shit out of me. I think it's just the ability to take hits and combines with INJ. I don't know or care!
INJ - Injury rating [Counter to POW]

Scheme explains which are important, but I'll go into which are important to me either today or tomorrow.

Wellie informs me that BCV is useful for FBs. I haven't paid attention to it, so he might be right.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
good game bigat, someday I won't play like complete dogshit against you on offense.

DCX, doubt I'll be up to play tonight. Tomorrow's a maybe and friday's a definite. Both after 7pm est.

Rorschach

Rors dropping dat knowledge.

Has anyone purchased the spin move upgrade trait for a DE?

I purchased swim move, but I'm not sure it has effect. Maybe it's for players who use the DL? I remember in previous madden games some players had one or the other for use at the line, but usually not both.

BigAT

GG levious. I couldn't help but laugh at how dumb that interception-safety was, thankfully it didn't come back to bite me too badly. Maybe it was karma for using ballhawk.

You were getting ridiculous pressure early on. I'm not sure if I just adjusted to it or your players stopped being as effective, but Eli was getting crushed. I wouldn't describe it as a successful day passing, but at least I didn't throw any interceptions for once.

Running continues to be an exercise in frustration, aside from a couple of clutch runs late in the game. It feels like I'm getting stopped by my offensive line as frequently as I am by the defense. Even my successful runs don't feel nearly as good as in Madden 12.

DCX

DCX
good game bigat, someday I won't play like complete dogshit against you on offense.

DCX, doubt I'll be up to play tonight. Tomorrow's a maybe and friday's a definite. Both after 7pm est.
Its all good. I just want to play!!!

DCX

McNei1y

Thanks a whole heap Rors!

Some of the traits that one can purchase don't make sense...

Sideline catch... do players not have the ability to do this or is just effectiveness?

Same with things like "Tight Spiral" or "DE Spin Move" and the likes.

Mrbob

I'm not sure how a spin move factors into finesse. I can upgrade Jpep with a Spin Move, but it costs 10K and I don't know if it is worth it!

Also, I agree rushing is tough and I wouldn't be surprised if run blocking is someone broken right now. There are too many times my own oline dudes get in the way of Forte on a run and I can't go anywhere.

Sokantish

Scheme explains which are important, but I'll go into which are important to me either today or tomorrow.

So how important are Physical, Intangible, Size, Production, and Durability? Are there any others I'm missing?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
GG levious. I couldn't help but laugh at how dumb that interception-safety was, thankfully it didn't come back to bite me too badly. Maybe it was karma for using ballhawk.

You were getting ridiculous pressure early on. I'm not sure if I just adjusted to it or your players stopped being as effective, but Eli was getting crushed. I wouldn't describe it as a successful day passing, but at least I didn't throw any interceptions for once.

Running continues to be an exercise in frustration, aside from a couple of clutch runs late in the game. It feels like I'm getting stopped by my offensive line as frequently as I am by the defense. Even my successful runs don't feel nearly as good as in Madden 12.

that's why I immediately sent you a message, that safety crap has been in the game since 10, this is the first time I've been on the receiving end.

I had that one deep pass overturned, rightfully, and then just kept trying to do it again, felt like I was stagnant in what I was doing on offense. Still have trouble with stopping draws.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm not sure how a spin move factors into finesse. I can upgrade Jpep with a Spin Move, but it costs 10K and I don't know if it is worth it!

Also, I agree rushing is tough and I wouldn't be surprised if run blocking is someone broken right now. There are too many times my own oline dudes get in the way of Forte on a run and I can't go anywhere.

McCoy doesnt seem to be having a problem. You just have a trash line.

Rorschach

That's a trait. That's different. Upgrade his FMV if you don't use him manually. I purchased swim and I regret it.

So how important are Physical, Intangible, Size, Production, and Durability? Are there any others I'm missing?

Those are the new stats. They seem to mean jack all. Maybe intangible has something to it, but size and physical don't make any gatdang sense. Production is more useful when drafting.

Thanks a whole heap Rors!

Some of the traits that one can purchase don't make sense...

Sideline catch... do players not have the ability to do this or is just effectiveness?

Same with things like "Tight Spiral" or "DE Spin Move" and the likes.
Yes, tight spiral, and sideline catch have to do with doing it consistently. Spin move is a manual trait best I can figure.

Sokantish

Also I was wondering is there a position that is just not worth drafting in the first round? Or if you need help at a certain position no matter what you should recruit the first one you can get?

eznark

Banned
Also I was wondering is there a position that is just not worth drafting in the first round? Or if you need help at a certain position no matter what you should recruit the first one you can get?

I'd consider shying away from punters and kickers in the first round.

Rorschach

Most people here draft best available, but I like to go with need. Don't be fooled by the draft board's projected draft pick number this year. There are busts lurking!

I usually go OL or DL.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Anytime you can spend a high pick on someone who'd probably be on the field for offense 30% of the time for you, you gotta do it!

Sokantish

I was actually thinking about trading Harvin, I mean who even needs him if some scrub named Owusu can put up the same stats? It's all Ponder's magic that is making this happen.

bluemax

Banned
chris_owusu_concussion_04292012.jpg

When do you want to play?

Trasher

Somebody is playing spot on sim Cowboys!

ROBERT FLORES@RoFloEA Back to the drawing board for T. Romo, who kicked over as many Gatorade jugs as he threw INTs.

I have standards eznark, I only accept bills. No change.

I have to see how Owusu works now that Harvin is out for a few weeks. Then WE'LL SEE

He's peaked. Sell him now! Quick!

BigAT

TGH - Toughness - Beats the shit out of me. I think it's just the ability to take hits and combines with INJ. I don't know or care!
INJ - Injury rating [Counter to POW]

Wellie informs me that BCV is useful for FBs. I haven't paid attention to it, so he might be right.

I'm pretty sure Toughness has something to do with how likely your player will be to come back out and be able to play following an injury. Might effect how likely he is to get re-injured.

Rorschach

I'm pretty sure Toughness has something to do with how likely your player will be to come back out and be able to play following an injury. Might effect how likely he is to get re-injured.

Yeah, I think it's more of a re-injure thing. They should rename it DOE. For putting da team on yo back. Thanks for the answer.

Top Bottom