• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Ramirez

Default. We played all those community games and no one cared (no one even got flagged).

Stupid to want to allow free shots at QBs.

I got flagged for it once or twice a game. It's a stupid penalty in videogames since we don't even control the guys doing it 99% of the time. I think you pussies who accept late hit penalties are the worst though, I've had two called on me in the past 2-3 games & and it's literally a hit in the field of play that goes into out of bounds territory, complete BS to accept something like that.

McNei1y

Nah dude. One time I was visiting someone in NC and my car broke down by High Point. I AIM'd GCQ since I knew he lives close and he came with a tow truck and saved me a ton of cash and time. Afterwards I bought him some Golden Corral and we became bros for life. I am just looking out for him this has nothing to do with your pick.

The above is complete and total fiction

hahahahah that was great

edit: If we're voting for more roughing the passer, I'm in.

GCQuinton

Nah dude. One time I was visiting someone in NC and my car broke down by High Point. I AIM'd GCQ since I knew he lives close and he came with a tow truck and saved me a ton of cash and time. Afterwards I bought him some Golden Corral and we became bros for life. I am just looking out for him this has nothing to do with your pick.

The above is complete and total fiction

I was fully prepared to continue this narrative.

But yeah, do what you gotta do (which I guess is letting the simmed game stand). Guess DeAngelo's out for the year.

Ramirez

GG Ram. I don't know what happened, but I wish I had been able to move the ball that well all season. I was seeing things very well for whatever reason. I think you went too conservative with your pass rush, there were many times where routes were covered very well initially, but things broke down and guys got open after the pass rush (or lack thereof) failed to get through.

GG, extremely frustrating on my end. Seemed like your DB's had spidey senses on a couple of the picks, meanwhile my user controlled picks just kept dropping, the one before the half probably lost me the game (or just killed my will to try!), I got too pissed after that.

My OL might as well have been sitting on the bench that game too. My first or second play of the game was a literal snap/sack/fumble, so stupid.

McNei1y

I was fully prepared to continue this narrative.

But yeah, do what you gotta do (which is letting the simmed game stand). Guess DeAngelo's out for the year.

No I restarted! I'm just simming everything once I get a 1-2 td lead. This has gone on way too long!

(also, I'm super simming so if there's any injuries to you, I'm restarting!)

eznark

Banned
I got flagged for it once or twice a game. It's a stupid penalty in videogames since we don't even control the guys doing it 99% of the time. I think you pussies who accept late hit penalties are the worst though, I've had two called on me in the past 2-3 games & and it's literally a hit in the field of play that goes into out of bounds territory, complete BS to accept something like that.

lol

DCX

DCX
GG, extremely frustrating on my end. Seemed like your DB's had spidey senses on a couple of the picks, meanwhile my user controlled picks just kept dropping, the one before the half probably lost me the game (or just killed my will to try!), I got too pissed after that.

My OL might as well have been sitting on the bench that game too. My first or second play of the game was a literal snap/sack/fumble, so stupid.

Sam Baker is available.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
http://www.maddengurus.com/forums/showthread.php?p=292628#post292628

Ok people it's clear to me that the 49ers are a glitch team.I ran every defense possible only to lose badly!I run my Seahawks as usual and nothing works.3-4 & 46 don't work,because of their team speed,4-3 & 5-2 I get burned by Gore!To sum it up YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM & THEY'RE A CARBON COPY OF THE RAIDERS FROM 11!If you need the 49ers to play this,well that tells me YOU HAVE NO SKILL & YOU CAN'T WIN WITH A MIDDLE OF THE ROAD OR A PATHETIC TEAM!To me this what the users of 49ers do! FN BUMS GO GET A BAD TEAM & PLAY THIS AND QUIT HIDING BEHIND YOUR LITTLE GLITCH!

i feel the same way i run with the seahawks too. i dont have any real problem with my defense. if i do get burned its from davis. dude has ridiculous speed and runs great routes. but i have a hell of a time scoring, their D is ****. i tell people when i play the 49er's if i beat em they need to throw away their xbox. and that i will message them once a day to tell them how garbage they are. Love the pic up there though haha freakin hilarious

I already tried EVERYTHING!Putting the faster guys in DIDN'T WORK,HELL I EVEN RAN NASCAR D & GOT KILLED!YOU HAVE TO GLITCH TO BEAT THEM!IT'S IMPOSSIBLE,BECAUSE THERES NO TEAM OR D THAT CAN MATCHUP WITH THEM! I HATE THE 49ers! GLITCH TEAM ALL DAY! I GIVE UP! & IT'S HOPELESS!!

LOL

That thread has the gif of the year:

39MRj.gif

Ramirez

Next someone's going to say accepting holding calls or something though

Holding calls leads to obvious big gains, RTP & LH are complete random garbage that the user usually doesn't even cause. I've been hit while standing out of bounds with no flag, but I've had the flag thrown at me for hitting someone in bounds who then goes out of bounds.

What the, Late hit is not the same as roughing the passer, or does Madden see it that way?

Nah.

McNei1y

Holding calls leads to obvious big gains, RTP & LH are complete random garbage that the user usually doesn't even cause. I've been hit while standing out of bounds with no flag, but I've had the flag thrown at me for hitting someone in bounds who then goes out of bounds.

Nah.

But plays like this have always happened. If this is somehow a new sim thing that I never knew about then so be it. But I've caused some Late Hits myself. I've never seen the CPU causing one.

Sokantish

What did Cola get for Fitzgerald, can someone tell me? I need to know what Harvin is worth since we all know how much better Harvin is than that trash guy!

rinse82

Gg Trash. A least I'm not getting destroyed anymore.

Got burned on a couple weird plays where my CB had no clue where the ball was and just turned in.

Couldnt stop all the screen plays either

Trasher

Gg Trash. A least I'm not getting destroyed anymore.

Got burned on a couple weird plays where my CB had no clue where the ball was and just turned in.

Couldnt stop all the screen plays either

So uh, the next time my guy breaks a 90 yard run and I'm up 20-7 with 2 minutes or less remaining, I'm just going into the endzone. Fuck this game for penalizing me for trying to not run the score up. Of course my guy fumbles at the two yard line.

Gg man. You should have tried throwing the ball a bit more way earlier on. You may have had negative total yards in the first half. And my secondary is shit too. My D-line can hold the run pretty well; especially if I know I can load the box.

rinse82

So uh, the next time my guy breaks a 90 yard run and I'm up 20-7 with 2 minutes or less remaining, I'm just going into the endzone. Fuck this game for penalizing me for trying to not run the score up. Of course my guy fumbles at the two yard line.

Gg man. You should have tried throwing the ball a bit more way earlier on. You may have had negative total yards in the first half. And my secondary is shit too. My D-line can hold the run pretty well; especially if I know I can load the box.

Yeah - didnt think it was necessary for you to hold back there, it was a 2 score game at that point.

My passing game is shit and it always takes me a while to get into it, running game is my safety net but you were stuffing it pretty good.

i honestly dont have an issue if you are RUNNING the ball or if you got a pick 6. my whole problem is chucking the ball deep in a blow out game

Trasher

i honestly dont have an issue if you are RUNNING the ball or if you got a pick 6. my whole problem is chucking the ball deep in a blow out game

Well Crow had just gotten a player suspended for what sounded like just throwing the ball to a simple wide open receiver that had an easy lane to score. I felt super pressured to not run it in so I didn't because you guys made it seem wrong. =/

You said earlier that you could throw it. You just said you couldn't throw it deep...

This.

why is this so hard to understand? if you have a 20+ point lead with 3 minutes left, why do you need to be passing. RUN THE CLOCK OUT.

this whole thing happened because you were blowing someone out and throwing deep pass after deep pass. if you are trying to run the clock out and are running the ball and score no one is going to be mad. if you're trying to run the clock out and you're just chucking the ball deep that is ridiculous. if you throw short and you're in the open field just go down or go out of bounds and continue to run the clock with run plays.

again i'm not sure why this is even an issue. it just seems like common sense. i can't point out every single possible scenario

Trasher

why is this so hard to understand? if you have a 20+ point lead with 3 minutes left, why do you need to be passing. RUN THE CLOCK OUT.

this whole thing happened because you were blowing someone out and throwing deep pass after deep pass. if you are trying to run the clock out and are running the ball and score no one is going to be mad. if you're trying to run the clock out and you're just chucking the ball deep that is ridiculous. if you throw short and you're in the open field just go down or go out of bounds and continue to run the clock with run plays.

again i'm not sure why this is even an issue. it just seems like common sense. i can't point out every single possible scenario

That's what I was doing though... I was never chucking deep balls Soka style. So what the fuck?

Top Bottom