• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Trasher

I wasnt talking about what you posted. I was talking about you freaking out in game afraid to score. There was no reason to not score as it was only a 2 possession game, I get that you were nervous because of everything that has happened, but FMT made it clear in my opinion to not bomb it in blowouts which your game wasn't. Try to use common sense, its not hard.
Like I said. Please read my posts. I already said I made a mistake in thinking I couldn't score. My point is that Crow was punished for accidentally scoring when he was trying to get a first down to end the game. It wasn't a completely black and white scenario, but our overlords just wanted to send a message, and that message ended up fucking with my game in a quick decision mindset.

Like I said. Please read my posts. I already said I made a mistake in thinking I couldn't score. My point is that Crow was punished for accidentally scoring when he was trying to get a first down to end the game. It wasn't a completely black and white scenario, but our overlords just wanted to send a message, and that message ended up fucking with my game in a quick decision mindset.

Holy shit. Read crows post. He didn't "accidentally" score. He said he couldn't resist throwing deep! And he did this like the day after I posted to stop stat padding and stop running up the score. So yeah it was on the forefront of my mind but this is how it will be going forward so deal with it

TheCrow

Last thing I'm going to say about it is that I would probably do it again. If I see a man open down field on 3rd and 10 I'm going to throw it to him. Of course I'll go down as soon as it's caught if its possible.

Edit: it wasn't exactly a deep ball. It was thrown in between his CB and Safety and his momentum carried him into the endzone.

Trasher

Holy shit. Read crows post. He didn't "accidentally" score. He said he couldn't resist throwing deep! And he did this like the day after I posted to stop stat padding and stop running up the score. So yeah it was on the forefront of my mind but this is how it will be going forward so deal with it

Last thing I'm going to say about it is that I would probably do it again. If I see a man open down field on 3rd and 10 I'm going to throw it to him. Of course I'll go down as soon as it's caught if its possible.

Edit: it wasn't exactly a deep ball. It was thrown in between his CB and Safety and his momentum carried him into the endzone.

Read people.

Read people.

Except I talked to him on aim and read his post after.

As I said, there is no reason to be throwing at all unless you are stat padding or running up the score, which is exactly what he was doing. So if you're up big and still throwing then deal with the consequences

TheCrow

I'll just make sure Peyton Manning is in the game next time so he gets the xp. If I'm going to get hit with these suspensions I might as well earn them.

McNei1y

Guess what, if it's 3rd and long I'm passing regardless of the score. Does the league really want people to punt/ kick field goals on 3rd down now? Fuck that.

Run the ball on 3rd down! lol, but the only problem I see is that the defense is expecting you to run with these rules so they'll blitz most likely.. which will probably end up in a loss of yards, which doesn't do much damage to XP or the game itself but it still stinks lol.

I don't see why passing is such a problem unless a person is gunning for the endzone no matter what. Then again there really is no way to moderate it except for "run the ball no matter what".

Guess what, if it's 3rd and long I'm passing regardless of the score. Does the league really want people to punt/ kick field goals on 3rd down now? Fuck that.

It's a fucking blow out! Have some respect for your opponent. No one is asking you to run the ball and punt in a close game or even a 2 score game. But you're up 20+ and still chucking it deep? Come on

TheCrow

It's a fucking blow out! Have some respect for your opponent. No one is asking you to run the ball and punt in a close game or even a 2 score game. But you're up 20+ and still chucking it deep? Come on

A 19 yard pass with little YAC is chucking it deep? That's my biggest problem. I'm pretty sure I ran the ball every play after the taints except for that pass.

Colasante

Good job Eznark, I can't believe that silly hail mary was the difference but I guess that's what I get for only putting double coverage on James Jones.

A 19 yard pass with little YAC is chucking it deep? That's my biggest problem. I'm pretty sure I ran the ball every play after the taints except for that pass.

In a blowout? Yes. Run the ball. I was up big at halftime against the cards and I passed 2 times in the 2nd half. What is the purpose of you passing the ball other than padding your stats?

eznark

Banned
Good job Eznark, I can't believe that silly hail mary was the difference but I guess that's what I get for only putting double coverage on James Jones.

The end of the first half was hilarious. I thought for sure my daughter had given you a TD on that throw to the flat that you picked. Stupid RB button! She ran up and tapped it.

The end of the first half was hilarious. I thought for sure my daughter had given you a TD on that throw to the flat that you picked. Stupid RB button! She ran up and tapped it.

Lol you come off like an asshole. You complain that blue wastes your time and then you're letting your daughter play parts of a league game?

McNei1y

In a blowout? Yes. Run the ball. I was up big at halftime against the cards and I passed 2 times in the 2nd half. What is the purpose of you passing the ball other than padding your stats?

To make sure you get that first down so you can stay in possession rather than the opponent getting the ball and running up their stats?

TheCrow

Fuck it. How many "running up the score" infractions does it take to get kicked out of the league? Maybe I'll just punt on first down to make you all happy.

McNei1y

Lol and by scoring a td doesn't your opponent get the ball back to rack up their stats?

Yeah but getting a first down and not scoring just keeps the ball in your possession. I'd like to think people are considerate and fall down after a first down. And I know the easy way is to run the ball but just saying that throwing a short pass 5-10 yards doesn't seem like much of a big deal.

And for the record: I run the ball when I have a large lead in the 4th quarter, but I can see the argument on getting a first down to keep the ball in your possession so you don't give up a TD or something on defense.

Yeah but getting a first down and not scoring just keeps the ball in your possession. I'd like to think people are considerate and fall down after a first down. And I know the easy way is to run the ball but just saying that throwing a short pass 5-10 yards doesn't seem like much of a big deal.

And for the record: I run the ball when I have a large lead in the 4th quarter, but I can see the argument on getting a first down to keep the ball in your possession so you don't give up a TD or something on defense.

Correct! Throw the ball short and go down or go out of bounds! I have no issues with that

Ferny

I honestly don't see what the argument is even about. If you have a large lead in the 4th quarter whats the big deal with running the ball a couple times and punting away. Your D was obviously good enough to keep your large lead at what it is so why not continue and if the other team scores then you get the ball back and do it again. I've had more games this year where people were padding their stats late and scoring a TD for kicks than I did in any other season last year.

It's annoying and frankly just dumb. If I wanted that done, I'd go play randoms. Its stupid obvious when the game is out of hand and the other person can't come back so even the excuse that "they can easily come back" is BS.

McNei1y

Running up and hitting my hand is hardly "playing parts of my game"

Oh. I was going to ask if she plays NHL for you... I guess not...

heheheh. You should've seen Crow, Bo, and I yesterday. We were crackin skulls.

Edit: So I guess I've found new life in practice. I never realized you gain points depending on the practice type.. or it seems like that. I was playing the "Defense" practice and after completing it, my defensive players seemed to get a certain boost.

eznark

Banned
Oh. I was going to ask if she plays NHL for you... I guess not...

heheheh. You should've seen Crow, Bo, and I yesterday. We were crackin skulls.

lol, no she goes to bed at 9 which is why I never play until after that.

I did let my wife play MLB The Show against Sanjuro once. I think the score was like 28-0. That was a total asshole move!

eznark

Banned
Come on, someone play a community game, or else I'll be forced to play Civilization V. You guys don't want that, do you?

That motherfucker is in the OOTP league and he has signed 5 2B in free agency. Apparently he is as good at OOTP as he is at designing Civilization!

Sokantish

Wow, all you losers that work. Wasting your life away!

That motherfucker is in the OOTP league and he has signed 5 2B in free agency. Apparently he is as good at OOTP as he is at designing Civilization!
Are you saying you play a video game with Sid Meier?

Top Bottom