• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Trasher

so you caught the ball short, broke into the open field and stepped out of bounds? how did you fumble?
What? I'm talking about my game that blue got pissed at me about cause I kept throwing slants and ins to CJ for extra yards. This fumble thing happened tonight after an 83 yard run where I tried to go down before the endzone.

What? I'm talking about my game that blue got pissed at me about cause I kept throwing slants and ins to CJ for extra yards. This fumble thing happened tonight after an 83 yard run where I tried to go down before the endzone.

well as i said before, if you are running the ball trying to run the clock out and get into the endzone so be it. i do not consider that running up the score.

if you are going to pass the ball in a blow out, it should be short passes and you should go down after you get the first down. that's what i would do and no one will ever accuse you of running up the score if you do that

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its common sense. There are certain passing plays that have routes that are intended for big gains. A HB Iso or slants from 80 yards away usually isnt intended to score. So if you end up getting into the open on some of those things i dont really consider that running it up or stat padding. Shit happens.

Trasher

well as i said before, if you are running the ball trying to run the clock out and get into the endzone so be it. i do not consider that running up the score.

if you are going to pass the ball in a blow out, it should be short passes and you should go down after you get the first down. that's what i would do and no one will ever accuse you of running up the score if you do that
Right this was my understanding. So Crow's only wrong move was scoring?

I know why I was wrong . I was running fucking no huddle and chunking up yards with under a minute to go. I just wanted to clarify that it is in fact okay to still throw.

Poor Jahvid Best. He should have two TDs on the year. :(

Trasher

Its common sense. There are certain passing plays that have routes that are intended for big gains. A HB Iso or slants from 80 yards away usually isnt intended to score. So if you end up getting into the open on some of those things i dont really consider that running it up or stat padding. Shit happens.
So Crow shouldn't have been penalized then according to this. Unless I'm missing some other information it sounded like he did nothing wrong.

CB3

So Crow shouldn't have been penalized then according to this. Unless I'm missing some other information it sounded like he did nothing wrong.

He said he had a guy wide open down field and couldnt resist. I highly doubt that by guy downfield wide open meant a 5 yard quick hitch

crow threw deep in a blow out game. WHY are you even throwing in a blow out? run the fucking ball and then punt it away. this isn't fucking rocket science

TheCrow

That was the plan. First read was a crossing route but I saw TO open on the left side of the field. Josh Johnson was at QB so I wasn't trying to pad any stats. Splat had no timeouts so a first down meant ending the game.

So even on third and long you have to settle for a five yard pass in that situation?

-_-

yes. on a 3rd and long when you are up by 20 points, run the ball or throw a short route, then punt the ball and play a safe defense. get the ball back and continue running the ball. again im not going to point out in detail every situation. i just dont understand why it is difficult to get my point across or accurately convey the spirit of running the clock out

CB3

Ok let me spell this out here. Ill give an example

Im up 24 points. 2:30 left in the 4th. My ball at my 35 yard line. 3rd and 6. Id probably call a passing route that would get me 7. Purely just so i can have 4 more downs to run the clock out. And it would usually be something right in the middle of the field that would be stopped quickly or near the sidelines. Deep curl would probably work perfectly.

Now if it was 3rd and 10 from my 35? Id probably just run it. Who cares if your "letting it happen"? Your up 24 points. Be happy with the win.

Trasher

-_-

yes. on a 3rd and long when you are up by 20 points, run the ball or throw a short route, then punt the ball and play a safe defense. get the ball back and continue running the ball. again im not going to point out in detail every situation. i just dont understand why it is difficult to get my point across or accurately convey the spirit of running the clock out
Dude. I completely understand what you are getting at. My point is that Crow was in a situation where "shit happened" and he got a score when he wasn't even trying to. He was trying to get a first down to end the game and someone was wide open on third and long. In my opinion he didn't do anything wrong. I don't run the league and I realize that, but this seems like you guys made the wrong call this time.

CB3

No one should be wide open on third and long. Because you shouldnt be passing on third and long

Dude. I completely understand what you are getting at. My point is that Crow was in a situation where "shit happened" and he got a score when he wasn't even trying to. He was trying to get a first down to end the game and someone was wide open on third and long. In my opinion he didn't do anything wrong. I don't run the league and I realize that, but this seems like you guys made the wrong call this time.

it was the wrong call. why is he even passing at all in that situation? much less calling a deep route? this is what i don't want. there was no need for it. there was no need to be passing in the first place and especially chucking it deep. have some respect for your opponent. they've already had their ass beat the entire game and dont need their nose rubbed in shit. i don't care how wide open he was

Trasher

it was the wrong call. why is he even passing at all in that situation? much less calling a deep route? this is what i don't want. there was no need for it. the was no need to be passing in the first place and especially chucking it deep. have some respect for your opponent. they've already had their ass beat the entire game and dont need their nose rubbed in shit. i don't care how wide open he was
So the simple answer is passing is illegal on third down and long in a blowout. That's all you had to say. I think I've proven my point at least on why I felt unsure of scoring that touchdown tonight. Especially after you guys were so adamant about wanting to punish someone this week after last week's fiasco.
From what Crow is saying it sounded like all he wanted was a first down to end the game a bit quicker. But shit happened.

So the simple answer is passing is illegal on third down and long in a blowout. That's all you had to say. I think I've proven my point at least on why I felt unsure of scoring that touchdown tonight. Especially after you guys were so adamant about wanting to punish someone this week after last week's fiasco.

except you said you ran the ball on that play. i never said anything about running the ball. you are wanting me to give you every possible circumstance and i can't.

all i can say is if you are winning in a blowout THERE IS NO FUCKING REASON TO BE THROWING THE BALL. no reason at all. you shouldn't be throwing the ball, period. done.

if you are up by 10 with 4 minutes left? if you are up by 7 with 2 minutes left? go wild brah! if you are up by 20+ points with 3 minutes or so left? no reason to be throwing

Trasher

except you said you ran the ball on that play. i never said anything about running the ball. you are wanting me to give you every possible circumstance and i can't.

all i can say is if you are winning in a blowout THERE IS NO FUCKING REASON TO BE THROWING THE BALL. no reason at all. you shouldn't be throwing the ball, period. done.

if you are up by 10 with 4 minutes left? if you are up by 7 with 2 minutes left? go wild brah! if you are up by 20+ points with 3 minutes or so left? no reason to be throwing

If you aren't in the position to take enough knees to end the game, then I personally don't see any problem with any play if you are simply trying to get a first down in order to achieve that. Run play or pass play, there should be no discrimination. We aren't all racist like eznark. Don't discriminate!

If you aren't in the position to take enough knees to end the game, then I personally don't see any problem with any play if you are simply trying to get a first down in order to achieve that. Run play or pass play, there should be no discrimination. We aren't all racist like eznark. Don't discriminate!

Then live with the consequences of scoring on a pass play in a blow out!

Somnia

The problem here is you freaked out for nothing because you weren't even in a blowout game. FMT clearly said up by 17-20. Which you weren't, you should have scored, pretty simple. THEN you'd have been up and have to run the clock out unless they score again cause then you aren't up by 17-20 again. Its not hard.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is there even a way to see the standings online? This goddamn site is so cumbersome.

No.

The connected careers website is garbage.

I like how they were giving all of these cool details about the website. Then on release day its garbage and still in beta.

It's nice that they let us see all of the goals/attributes/packages via the website but some much more basic information would have made it really good.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I wonder if the website won't get upgraded until the madden app comes out, think that was sometime in November.

Trasher

The problem here is you freaked out for nothing because you weren't even in a blowout game. FMT clearly said up by 17-20. Which you weren't, you should have scored, pretty simple. THEN you'd have been up and have to run the clock out unless they score again cause then you aren't up by 17-20 again. Its not hard.
I'm not referring to my game. And I also never freaked out. Please try again and this time actually read what I posted. It's not hard.

Somnia

I'm not referring to my game. And I also never freaked out. Please try again and this time actually read what I posted.

I wasnt talking about what you posted. I was talking about you freaking out in game afraid to score. There was no reason to not score as it was only a 2 possession game, I get that you were nervous because of everything that has happened, but FMT made it clear in my opinion to not bomb it in blowouts which your game wasn't. Try to use common sense, its not hard.

daw840

PapaSaltySwingItBig400.jpg

Top Bottom