• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Ramirez

So wait, I'm gonna be punished for passing in the 3rd quarter? lol

Daw was still passing during this time, and even some of the 4th. What is the difference in me hiking at 30 seconds on the PC if I'm running the ball? There was like 5 mins left in the 4th, excuse me if I don't want to sit there for all of that time and watch the PC run down and hike it.

This dude punted on 3rd down to give me the ball back a down early, so obviously he didn't have too much of a problem with how I was running out the clock.

I think I passed it ONCE in the 4th, and it was a slant to get a FD, quit being a vagina.

So wait, I'm gonna be punished for passing in the 3rd quarter? lol

Daw was still passing during this time, and even some of the 4th. What is the difference in me hiking at 30 seconds on the PC if I'm running the ball? There was like 5 mins left in the 4th, excuse me if I don't want to sit there for all of that time and watch the PC run down and hike it.

This dude punted on 3rd down to give me the ball back a down early, so obviously he didn't have too much of a problem with how I was running out the clock.

I think I passed it ONCE in the 4th, and it was a slant to get a FD, quit being a vagina.

no one said you are getting punished! we just want to hear what happened is all! cool your jets brah

LukeSmith

There's a line between getting your shit pushed in and someone tacking on some bonus TDs late to pad out their stats.

This just sounds like getting your shit pushed in!

Some of the people on the receiving end of a blowout need to just get good and save the tears for your girlfriends.

If you're new to the game and you're bad, you're going to get thrown into the garbage bin by a lot of vets here. Some of them (Rors, LJ) will show you some mercy, some won't.

Sokantish

I don't know, man. I still have my bye week. Also I looked at the rest of Ram's schedule and not to be mean or anything but he still gets to play Livewire twice!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
play clock won't be an issue soon, are we going back to 7 minute quarters when the patch hits?

Sanjuro

There's a line between getting your shit pushed in and someone tacking on some bonus TDs late to pad out their stats.

This just sounds like getting your shit pushed in!

Some of the people on the receiving end of a blowout need to just get good and save the tears for your girlfriends.

If you're new to the game and you're bad, you're going to get thrown into the garbage bin by a lot of vets here. Some of them (Rors, LJ) will show you some mercy, some won't.

Bullshit. LJ was running it up in the 3rd as well. He should be forced to play a game without Fitzmagic! Yeah, sure he tried to slow things down in the 4th, and I used my time-outs, and he knelt the ball on 4th down, and stopped in front of the end-zone.

BUT it's the principal.

Sokantish

So the rule is 4th quarter right? I mean I stopped trying to score on Trasher like half way through the third because it was getting ugly but if someone is still trying to score in the third it's okay, right?

Sanjuro

So the rule is 4th quarter right? I mean I stopped trying to score on Trasher like half way through the third because it was getting ugly but if someone is still trying to score in the third it's okay, right?

1st quarter is no holds barred. After that, just give the controller to your pet or something.

this is why i said i dont want to spell out every possible scenario. use common sense. if you are up 40-0 at halftime, why do you need to be chucking the ball deep every down? it just doesn't make sense.

now if you are up 21-0 at halftime and start throwing the ball deep in the 3rd? no one is going to have an issue with that.

i don't want to say "YEAH ANYTHING GOES IN THE 3rd, EVEN IF YOU'RE UP 50!" just use common sense is all i'm asking.

Sokantish

Okay so you're saying Ben should be suspended because he was still throwing it deep in the third. Case closed, Ponder is back in business!

eznark

Banned
I cant tell the difference between Eznark and Sanjuro anymore. Too much NHL together

Weird. You melded into Frankman a few weeks ago.

Hey FMt, know what is easier than trying to legislate every possible scenario? Legislating none of them.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Weird. You melded into Frankman a few weeks ago.

I assume you saw my post about not caring that Frankenman got perma'd yesterday and felt that was a good user to merge me with. 2/10. I expect better from you

eznark

Banned
I assume you saw my post about not caring that Frankenman got perma'd yesterday and felt that was a good user to merge me with. 2/10. I expect better from you

You and he are equally as good at attempting to run sports leagues. Giving your commissioner skills a 2/10 would be generous.

Sokantish

if you can prove roofles raped again then i will suspend him! get to work sokantish PI

Did you see the math I just did in my last post? I don't even know how you could want more proof. I say you suspend Ben AND Mike Wallace just because he didn't even show remorse after he took advantage of poor DAW

CB3

You and he are equally as good at attempting to run sports leagues. Giving your commissioner skills a 2/10 would be generous.

Things seem to be going pretty well. Id give myself a 10/10! I dont downgrade myself for the lone voices like yours. They are easily ignored at this point. Its the same way i dont hear livewire when he is talking about madden related issues.

Mrbob

Ben is getting benched for 4 games minimum.

As the only undefeated NFC player left I am seizing control of both FMTs and CBs votes and turning this into a dictatorship!

CB3

Ben is getting benched for 4 games minimum.

As the only undefeated NFC player left I am seizing control of both FMTs and CBs votes and turning this into a dictatorship!
Going undefeated In the north is like beating 5 year olds at basketball.

No offense, Soka. <3

Sokantish

Hey, Bob hasn't felt the wrath of Harvin/Owusu yet. Although in a couple weeks when I lose both my games to him he might have a loss from someone else!

Mrbob

Hey, Bob hasn't felt the wrath of Harvin/Owusu yet. Although in a couple weeks when I lose both my games to him he might have a loss from someone else!

I'm just hopeful my season doesn't go into the tank like it did a couple years ago.

Started out 8-0, lost 7 straight! Barely got into the playoffs and winning the division by barely winning my final regular season game in OT.

Birdman02

GG Bird. I hate your D. Straight up holding my WRs all game long!

DCX

GG man. They've been getting away with it all year!! They have to do something to make up for the lack of speed. Just noticed that my D leads the league in INTs...for now.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This is what happens when you use a shit team vs a super team. Enjoy.

I thought the cure for that was play mistake free. :|

My first three drives:

1) Ends on third down drop by Winslow

2) Hit as I throw, arm moving forward, game rules it a fumble even with ball moving forward

3) Winslow catches ball, clear lane to a first down, walks out of bounds.

On his long TDs my defenders just stopped defending even tho the ball was caught in front of them. :|

Mrbob

To make things fair, FMT should have to bench his top 10 rated players. Even then, his team will still have a big edge over all others!

DCX

DCX
GG man. They've been getting away with it all year!! They have to do something to make up for the lack of speed. Just noticed that my D leads the league in INTs...for now.

Thats the thing. I went into your depth chart and noticed the lack of speed and PRESS!!! I figured i could get one of my all world WRs to beat the press/out quick them. Nope. Straight up mauling that allows your Dline to destroy me.

I thought i played pretty good on D. Can't score, won't win :( GG Man, till next time. I hope i can gain more than 100 yards.

DCX

Rorschach

I thought the cure for that was play mistake free. :|

My first three drives:

1) Ends on third down drop by Winslow

2) Hit as I throw, arm moving forward, game rules it a fumble even with ball moving forward

3) Winslow catches ball, clear lane to a first down, walks out of bounds.

On his long TDs my defenders just stopped defending even tho the ball was caught in front of them. :|

I told you some games you just aren't gonna win! You chose not to believe me. You don't go into a game defeated, but you find out after the fact, that you never had a chance and that's ok. Was that at SF?

Mistake free football and keeping calm after shit just doesn't go your way is the only way to compete with the big teams when you have shit. Fumbles, dropped passes, dropped INTs, and jetpack INTs aren't mistakes. It's just shit that happens on your way to a W or L. You have to go into the game expecting at least 2 or 3 of those. After your first fumble, you shouldn't even be frustrated. You just say "that's 1 down" and move on.

Top Bottom