• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Mrbob

The polite thing to do would obviously be throwing with Smith. As the fecal freak loves to say, "common sense!!"

Time to bench his front seven for 4 games.

Agreed. With his oline and Gore being as overrated as he is rushing the ball is like throwing a deep pass!

At the very least, he should be taking kneel downs to run the clock out!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I told you some games you just aren't gonna win! You chose not to believe me. You don't go into a game defeated, but you find out after the fact, that you never had a chance and that's ok. Was that at SF?

Mistake free football and keeping calm after shit just doesn't go your way is the only way to compete with the big teams when you have shit. Fumbles, dropped passes, dropped INTs, and jetpack INTs aren't mistakes. It's just shit that happens on your way to a W or L. You have to go into the game expecting at least 2 or 3 of those. After your first fumble, you shouldn't even be frustrated. You just say "that's 1 down" and move on.

It was at SF.

TBH, I think FMT will agree here, his D wasn't even that crazy against me, I feel I was able to move the ball, it was more about the Rams players just not executing than the Niners D killing them. Of course I threw three ints but by then the game was at 28-0, out of reach and I was pressing to move the ball.

I wish I could show replays but the two passing TDs in the first quarter were Rams players literally not making a play. On the very first play of the game, he passes to Crabtree and Janoris Jenkins just stands there and watches him run past him then go for a TD. On the second TD it was to VD and Mikell was between Smith and VD and didn't even try to go for the ball, just let it be caught behind him and off VD went.

It was an exercise in futility, Amendola, Quick, Winslow easy drops. Winslow fumbling when I'm in Niner territory, Winslow walking out of bounds, the fumble that should have been an incomplete pass.... I couldn't even run the ball, I was down 21-0 in the first quarter.

Ah well, GG FMT. Hopefully home field advantage treats me somewhat well.

Edit: Also, the game says he turned the ball over, but there absolutely was none. What gives?

Sokantish

It was at SF.

TBH, I think FMT will agree here, his D wasn't even that crazy against me, I feel I was able to move the ball, it was more about the Rams players just not executing than the Niners D killing them. Of course I threw three ints but by then the game was at 28-0, out of reach and I was pressing to move the ball.

I wish I could show replays but the two passing TDs in the first quarter were Rams players literally not making a play. On the very first play of the game, he passes to Crabtree and Janoris Jenkins just stands there and watches him run past him then go for a TD. On the second TD it was to VD and Mikell was between Smith and VD and didn't even try to go for the ball, just let it be caught behind him and off VD went.

It was an exercise in futility, Amendola, Quick, Winslow easy drops. Winslow fumbling when I'm in Niner territory, Winslow walking out of bounds, the fumble that should have been an incomplete pass.... I couldn't even run the ball, I was down 21-0 in the first quarter.

Edit: Also, the game says he turned the ball over, but there absolutely was none. What gives?

Okay, but... which player do you want suspended for 4 games?

It was at SF.

gg brah. you definitely got screwed early with the drops and FF. i was playing quite a bit of zone trying to bait you into bad throws but you wouldn't do it :(

on the turnover, i did have one at the end of the half. the muffed punt that you recovered with no time left. i was trying to move my guys out of the way and they just wouldn't, then it hit carlos rogers and you recovered. i should've called a timeout and went back to PR play call.... i thought you were going to go for it on 4th down with 1 second left so i picked a defense.

as for running the score up, there was none of that. i threw exactly 0 passes in the 2nd half and ran the clock under 10 on every run play. i felt bad for wellington because it's pretty clear he is handicapped by a shitty rams team. the offensive line is absolutely awful and the receivers dropped open pass after open pass

also on the first play of the game jenkins was 10 yards off crabtree so i threw the curl. i let it go as jenkins was in a backpedal to go deep and then after i caught it he didn't make a play. on the VD touchdown i had 2 guys there.... the safer play would've been to delaine walker on the fly route because the LB was about 5 yards behind him but VD looked like he was breaking open and he did. didn't notice what the safety did but i dont doubt it was something stupid knowing the rams players!

Don't believe FMTs lies. He was bragging to me the other day about his PPG stat. Running up the score!

not only did i not throw a pass in the 2nd half, i literally ran 2 runs the entire half: HB iso up the middle or off tackle. obviously from different formations but so be it!

oh, one time on 3rd and 10 i ran a shotgun draw

Now I'm not saying FMT ran it up... I'm just saying he scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter when he was already up 42 - 0.

if i could have kneeled the clock out i honestly would have. that final TD came where i had the ball inside the 1 and it was 2nd down with 2 minutes left. just a simple run up the middle. if there was 10 seconds left or even 80 seconds left, i would've kneeled it out.

i could have also scored on a pick 6 on wellingtons following drive with a Pwill int but i just ran out of bounds

Mrbob

Smokey, plans have changed for me. Can you play later tonight? I should be home in an hour or two. I'll be gone tomorrow night instead.

eznark

Banned
if i could have kneeled the clock out i honestly would have. that final TD came where i had the ball inside the 1 and it was 2nd down with 2 minutes left. just a simple run up the middle. if there was 10 seconds left or even 80 seconds left, i would've kneeled it out.

i could have also scored on a pick 6 on wellingtons following drive with a Pwill int but i just ran out of bounds

Wait, what? Madden doesn't let you kneel the ball in some situations??

McNei1y

There is an option to do this play where you have a designated guy that catches the snap and then boots it with his foot. The ball then soars through the air to the other team. It is a play that turns possession over from your team to the other.

LukeSmith

This thread is the most annoying and least entertaining it has ever been.

I remember when it used to be about rivalries, now it's a bunch of shitty players whining. We should cull some of the trash

McNei1y

I remember when it used to be about rivalries, now it's a bunch of shitty players whining. We should cull some of the trash

Fuck your couch. Too bad we won't get to witness a Luck vs RGIII game this year.

eznark

Banned

I do miss every other post being "fuck you twin head"

daw840

So wait, I'm gonna be punished for passing in the 3rd quarter? lol

Daw was still passing during this time, and even some of the 4th. What is the difference in me hiking at 30 seconds on the PC if I'm running the ball? There was like 5 mins left in the 4th, excuse me if I don't want to sit there for all of that time and watch the PC run down and hike it.

This dude punted on 3rd down to give me the ball back a down early, so obviously he didn't have too much of a problem with how I was running out the clock.

I think I passed it ONCE in the 4th, and it was a slant to get a FD, quit being a vagina.

Oh bullshit, you were up over 30 points and not letting off the gas while Madden proceeded to fuck me in the ass every time I got the ball. I fumbled on like 4 consecutive touches.

The least you could have done was not snap the ball with 30 seconds left on the play clock and PA Bomb it down the field for a guaranteed completion.

I don't really give a fuck, honestly, but I would really just like for those kinds of games to end. Especially while my daughter is getting cranky and I'm just trying to end the game.

DCX

DCX

How is it different from any other year lol

- Crow and Luke lose first round games.

- CB makes it to the conference championship only to lose.

- Ram/Rors makes the Superbowl VS BigAT/FMT

- Bob cycle

- DM cycle

- Bird " surprises " everyone

- Blue/Live quit

- Wellie sacks people

- DCX try to game the system on his way to a losing record

- Enzark tries to trade Jennings/Rodgers

DCX

LukeSmith

How is it different from any other year lol

- Crow and Luke lose first round games.

- CB makes it to the conference championship only to lose.

- Ram/Rors makes the Superbowl VS BigAT/FMT

- Bob cycle

- DM cycle

- Bird " surprises " everyone

- Blue/Live quit

- Wellie sacks people

- DCX try to game the system on his way to a losing record

- Enzark tries to trade Jennings/Rodgers

DCX

This isn't even a good effort. Blame this bad list on having to take care of a child, Ramirez style or something

Colasante

Hey, I may be shitty, but I've never complained. FMT laid 60 on me and I took it like a man.

LukeSmith

Hey, I may be shitty, but I've never complained. FMT laid 60 on me and I took it like a man.

Yeah, I respect that.

That we even have to discuss running up the score this year is shameful.

On one hand, you have people who want to lead the league in something, since that's all they have.
On the other you have guys who could pour it on and hang 90 on a team, kneeling out games to keep scores/stats reasonable.

Who doesn't want to see Darren McFadden rush for 2106 yards?

Somnia

Why the fuck are so many people complaining about the score being ran up on them? I'm by far playing the worst in this league and getting ran up like crazy because I'm playing like SHIT and you don't see me complaining. I take my loss, move on and try to learn from it (not that that is working lol).

I'm going to have to side with Luke on this one.

daw840

Why the fuck are so many people complaining about the score being ran up on them? I'm by far playing the worst in this league and getting ran up like crazy because I'm playing like SHIT and you don't see me complaining. I take my loss, move on and try to learn from it (not that that is working lol).

I don't really give a shit, honestly, but at least let the damn play clock run out in a blowout. That's all I really give a shit about.

eznark

Banned

Very few people are complaining about getting buttfucked. The people complaining are the "elite" who are annoyed that the stats are skewed.

Top Bottom