• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Here's the 176 page manual for Connected Careers in case any of you are bored: http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/File/M13ConnectedCareersManual.pdf

0367_r8lk.gif

LukeSmith

Even if the game isn't great off the field (NCAA isn't), this looks like it has plenty to keep the league interested.

Also, some people are definitely going to get fired, so the waiting list should be pretty fun this year.

In fact, once the league starts, we should just move the waiting list people to NCAA Jessica Dorrell league, and then when someone gets fired, they can get the call up to the Pros, Pete Carroll style

eznark

Banned
Even if the game isn't great off the field (NCAA isn't), this looks like it has plenty to keep the league interested.

Also, some people are definitely going to get fired, so the waiting list should be pretty fun this year.

In fact, once the league starts, we should just move the waiting list people to NCAA Jessica Dorrell league, and then when someone gets fired, they can get the call up to the Pros, Pete Carroll style

No more tanking for draft picks, Bob.

LukeSmith

Falcons profile:

Playing as a Coach
The Atlanta Falcons is an organization ready to win and win now.
The team is built around running the ball with Michael Turner and
using play action pass to get big plays down the field from Roddy
White and Julio Jones.

Just wait till they see what DCX does to them

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

I hope they don't go overboard with the firings. Wouldn't be too fair if a good player controlling a good team gets fired in year 3 for not winning a super bowl, although that would be funny.

Also, if we're all year one coaches, I would think any firing after season one would be very unlikely.

We roll with the same 32 all year unless someone quits or gets booted from the league. This ain't madden survivor!

McNei1y

I hope they don't go overboard with the firings. Wouldn't be too fair if a good player controlling a good team gets fired in year 3 for not winning a super bowl, although that would be funny.

Also, if we're all year one coaches, I would think any firing after season one would be very unlikely.

Aw man this talks of firing and removing from the league thing is uncool! I want some stability! It's not like I'm choosing to abandon the league if I got fired. The game is kicking me out based on stupid shit! I'd be here for all 10 seasons if we got that far.

Edit: phew. Coach McNeily doesn't want to be hanging on a thread of a 1 year contract.

LukeSmith

Aw man this talks of firing and removing from the league thing is uncool! I want some stability! It's not like I'm choosing to abandon the league if I got fired. The game is kicking me out based on stupid shit! I'd be here for all 10 seasons if we got that far.

From RGs first day, to the final game before his knee unraveled like a cheap sweater, you were there

Falcons profile:

Playing as a Coach
The Atlanta Falcons is an organization ready to win and win now.
The team is built around running the ball with Michael Turner and
using play action pass to get big plays down the field from Roddy
White and Julio Jones.

Just wait till they see what DCX does to them

Gut them like a fish and trade for players past their prime?

McNei1y

From RGs first day, to the final game before his knee unraveled like a cheap sweater, you were there

That's what I like to hear! Year after year not making the superbowl...err playoffs.

I just read all the descriptions and the Redskins profile. I'm pumped. I think it's cool that the draft allows you to "talk" with the team on the clock so you can try and work out a trade and such..

but god damn the Redskins only have ~3mil cap room.

Birdman02

If someone gets fired and there not offered something from another team, how does that work?

I think they have the option of rejoining the same team, they just have to create a new coach. Unless the shadow council decides to do handle firings differently.

LukeSmith

Smokey from beyond the grave:

(2:25:43 PM) dboythagr9: oh wow dcx is getting ran through like a skank later saturday night in the madden thread
(2:25:44 PM) dboythagr9: dirty

Sokantish

Wouldn't they lose their levels and stuff too? If they're bad enough to get fired it'd be rough to make them start over again at level 1

Ramirez

I think they should be fired by the game, but free to create a new coach and start over with the 2.0 version of themselves, like my grandparents (RIP) and their dogs Tootsie 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5

This.

We ask for a real OF & then we pussy out on the features!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think they should be fired by the game, but free to create a new coach and start over with the 2.0 version of themselves, like my grandparents (RIP) and their dogs Tootsie 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
Agree. Since the coaches build up levels and have a progression

I have no issues with havings firings in the game but someone getting fired isn't going to remove them from the league and then a reserve takes their spot. If its getting fired and recreate a new coach that's fine with me!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
if you get fired and have to create coach 2.0 then you should have to use a picture of Goldie Hawn from that stupid football movie.

41f5B05171L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Top Bottom