• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Mrbob

If that's what you believe, then by all means take a play maker. It didn't seem to help when you had Arod and Gresham and Green. I'll sit at the end of the round and wait for the inevitable top 3 lineman to tumble all the way to me like it always does.

Carter Stone ftw. Falling to me at 24 last year ruled.

LukeSmith

You must have missed the number of times where I've complained Marshall and his 98 release rating struggles to get open.

My pass numbers are nothing but pedestrian at best.

I also have one of the highest sack rates in the league.

You're also going TE if there's an elite one there.
Bluemax will go wide receiver.
DCX will throw an interception

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Thank you Storybook

If that's what you believe, then by all means take a play maker. It didn't seem to help when you had Arod and Gresham and Green. I'll sit at the end of the round and wait for the inevitable top 3 lineman to tumble all the way to me like it always does.

I had serious issues with my offense last year aside from my skill positions. I threw picks at a DCX like rate, I keyed on receivers too much, I thought I could make throws I had no business making, and I literally relied on 4/5 passing plays all franchise. Once people caught on I was finished. My OL was low rated but strong where it needed to be!

LukeSmith

FMT, CB, Ramirez and Smokey all have good-to-great teams. Whatever they get is just gravy.

LJ and Rors are already elite with mediocre-to-terrible teams, then they will get sweet gems that fall to them and get even better. Imagine our collective horror when Jordan Parks falls to LJ.

FMT and Crow have ridiculously better offensive lines than anyone in the bottom 10.

Having playmakers only matters if you have time to get them the ball.

i don't have a great pass blocking offensive line. the right side is fucking awful in pass protection. run blocking i have a great line across the board though!

LJ11

As long as I've been playing Madden, it's always felt like the right side is always my weak side no matter what. This year more than other years, but it has to be something with the game more than personnel.

bluemax

Banned
As long as I've been playing Madden, it's always felt like the right side is always my weak side no matter what. This year more than other years, but it has to be something with the game more than personnel.

I think it absolutely is. Look at the sack numbers of RTs across the league.

DCX

DCX
Wouldn't that have made it easier for guys to pick correctly? How was I getting Dallas Strong in the 3rd round? He was better than most WR's drafted before him

To be fair, i was going to draft him with the third rounder i got from Smokey. The problem? You picked before him :(

DCX

LJ11

I think it absolutely is. Look at the sack numbers of RTs across the league.

Yeah, my RT is a better pass blocker than my LT, about 11 point difference in that department, but most of the sacks have come from the right side. RT also has a 9pt edge in awar, Acc and Str are similar. LT has the edge in impact blocking.

In reality my RT is a shitty pass blocker, but a good run blocker, but the ratings are flipped. Guess the game is accurate in one sense, but not because of the ratings.

Rorschach

Just saw these and it annoyed me. Let me get this straight:

Wasn't directed at you. I know you have a top pick, but yeah.... You need a WR. If I were you, I'd take a WR. If I were Cleveland, I'd be tempted to do the same. But you and I both know that there are guys with 85 rated QBs that are gonna take a QB. Prove me wrong, league!

Again, I have one of the worst OLs in the league and I have no problem.

Eh. Not really. Only thing you're missing is a decent LG, but yours is serviceable. If you want props for playing well with a shit team, then you got them bro because you're doing really well with a really shitty team, but let's not overdo it.

Yeah, my RT is a better pass blocker than my LT, about 11 point difference in that department, but most of the sacks have come from the right side. RT also has a 9pt edge in awar, Acc and Str are similar. LT has the edge in impact blocking.

In reality my RT is a shitty pass blocker, but a good run blocker, but the ratings are flipped. Guess the game is accurate in one sense, but not because of the ratings.

There are a lot of playmaking ends and LBs on that side these days. There are still top DEs getting sacks on the weak side, though. I've noticed, that, more often than not, QBs in this league shift right. Watch yourself and others play. They're always shifting to the right. I have no idea why. I think it's because we're all right handed.

I shift left or step up inside. :cool:

LJ11

There are a lot of playmaking ends and LBs on that side these days. There are still top DEs getting sacks on the weak side, though. I've noticed, that, more often than not, QBs in this league shift right. Watch yourself and others play. They're always shifting to the right. I have no idea why. I think it's because we're all right handed.

I shift left or step up inside. :cool:

I try to not move the stick at all to be honest, but occasionally drift backward.

Another factor could be the line stunt/slant. Noticed that the right side has ends heading up field in their assignment, while left ends can sometimes slant inside a bit. It sounds strange but it may be a factor as well.

Sokantish

Vince Young is so stupid! I tapped x to slide and he dove and of course since he tapped someone near him he fumbles it.

GG Bob, I cannot believe Harvin is already injured again.

So much for home field advantage, I didn't get any breaks that game!

Rorschach

You clowns can blow me, I'm taking the fastest QB available.

Trade me Rodgers. I'll give you a fast QB and picks!

I try to not move the stick at all to be honest, but occasionally drift backward.

Another factor could be the line stunt/slant. Noticed that the right side has ends heading up field in their assignment, while left ends can sometimes slant inside a bit. It sounds strange but it may be a factor as well.

Yeah, also the LE lines up outside of the tackle a lot. I should check if the LT gets confused by TEs not engaging LEs.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Vince Young is so stupid! I tapped x to slide and he dove and of course since he tapped someone near him he fumbles it.

GG Bob, I cannot believe Harvin is already injured again.

So much for home field advantage, I didn't get any breaks that game!

You gotta double tap to slide

LukeSmith

Wasn't directed at you. I know you have a top pick, but yeah.... You need a WR. If I were you, I'd take a WR. If I were Cleveland, I'd be tempted to do the same. But you and I both know that there are guys with 85 rated QBs that are gonna take a QB. Prove me wrong, league!

Rors just say "Save me a QB guys!"

Rorschach

I thought it was just one tap too. :eek:

Rors just say "Save me a QB guys!"

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm happy with Palmer for now. He's not good, but he's not as bad as Russel!

I'm going left guard. I feel comfortable in saying that because no one is taking one!

LukeSmith

I thought it was just one tap too. :eek:

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm happy with Palmer for now. He's not good, but he's not as bad as Russel!

I'm going left guard. I feel comfortable in saying that because no one is taking one!

When you can win a Super Bowl with Pat White, I guess Carson Palmer ain't a big deal

LukeSmith

Only 3 games left

Storybook/Daw in the "Sim it" game of the week
Trasher/Eznark in the "40 minute vaginal birth" game of the week
Bluemax/Cola in the "I can't believe it's not Zoloft" game of the week

Rorschach

And thinking about it, Cleveland needs a QB too. And WRs... and defensive help. And OL.

...they should just hit FA hard.

When you can win a Super Bowl with Pat White, I guess Carson Palmer ain't a big deal
With upgrades, he's not that bad. He's even better than Jake Delhomme!

Only 3 games left

Story/Daw playing tomorrow at 530 CST I think.

Nightz

Only 3 games left

LOL. story likes to play his games late. daw sleeps early like an old man. Sim it!

And thinking about it, Cleveland needs a QB too. And WRs... and defensive help. And OL.

...they should just hit FA hard.

Weeden is serviceable if he had receivers that could catch when he is on target. Like I said though, his old ass will probably retire after next season. I need a good FS too.

Colasante

I'm the NFC West spoiler! GG Blue. I thought I would be done in by bad drops and bad dropped INTs. Also that play near the beginning when Early Doucet was flying down the field and your cornerback sprinted and somehow caught up to him, I laughed out loud at that.

I also may have just screwed myself out of a top pick with that win. That'd be bad.

bluemax

Banned
I'm the NFC West spoiler! GG Blue. I thought I would be done in by bad drops and bad dropped INTs. Also that play near the beginning when Early Doucet was flying down the field and your cornerback sprinted and somehow caught up to him, I laughed out loud at that.

I also may have just screwed myself out of a top pick with that win. That'd be bad.

I think that was one of my Safeties, but I can't remember.

Early Doucet ate Brandon Browner alive out there. I should've swapped Sherman over.

That formation where it says 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB or whatever and has Housh in the inner slot and Heaps in the outer slot is evil. I kept ending up with slow ass LeRoy Hill on him. In the second half I switched to dime to prevent it from happening.

Your O-Line must have improved or something, I did not get anywhere near as much pressure on you this week.

bluemax

Banned
I don't have a passing TD since my game against the Jets in week 10. My rushing TD on Cola was my first offensive TD since the Jets game. No wonder I've lost 4 in a row.

My next two games are against the Bills and then the 49ers. Then I finish with the Rams. I may not throw another offensive TD this season.

Top Bottom