• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just so everyone is clear the patch did NOT fix the fucking kick wind meter bug. I missed two kicks in this game, one because the wind meter was broken and pointed the wrong way which I thought was fixed with the patch. The second because I was actually compensating for it in the right direction but the fucking wind apparently gusted and it was MUCH stronger than on the previous kick.

It's so fucking draining because of how much I scheme and plan and pour into matchups like this one. I spend hours getting ready for these big games to get fucked over by a glitch. Fuck!

bluemax

Banned
Updated:

AFC Wildcard:
Broncos 10-3 +132 ---
Colts 9-4 +196 ---
Bengals 8-4 +62 .5
Dolphins 7-6 +52 2
Chiefs 5-7 -47 3.5

NFC Wildcard
Giants 9-4 +107 ---
Rams 7-6 +3 ---
Vikings 6-6 +58 .5
Lions 6-6 -110 .5
Buccaneers 6-7 -42 1
Seahawks 5-7 -36 1.5

Remaining Wildcard games this week:
CLE @ KC (If KC loses they are eliminated from the race)
CIN @ DAL
MIN @ CHI
GB @ DET
ARI @ SEA

Mrbob

That second wild card spot is heating up in the NFC. AT is looking clear at locking down the 5 seed.

I need to get out of the 3 seed. Any match up is looking bad for me.

Vikings and Lions = divisional opponent

Rams = Wellie vengeance tour on me

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That second wild card spot is heating up in the NFC. AT is looking clear at locking down the 5 seed.

I need to get out of the 3 seed. Any match up is looking bad for me.

Vikings and Lions = divisional opponent

Rams = Wellie vengeance tour on me

Bob, make no mistake, if we matchup in the playoffs.... I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU.

Rorschach

Just so everyone is clear the patch did NOT fix the fucking kick wind meter bug. I missed two kicks in this game, one because the wind meter was broken and pointed the wrong way which I thought was fixed with the patch. The second because I was actually compensating for it in the right direction but the fucking wind apparently gusted and it was MUCH stronger than on the previous kick.

It's so fucking draining because of how much I scheme and plan and pour into matchups like this one. I spend hours getting ready for these big games to get fucked over by a glitch. Fuck!

I was so tempted not to kick my FG, but then I realized the strong wind was the other way. Phew.

lol, oh brother
I lost my best defensive player! Bigger loss than if I lost McFadden.

BigAT

Bob, make no mistake, if we matchup in the playoffs.... I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU.

If you needed even more reason to smash Bob:

Yeah Cutler getting injured really affected last year's post season.

Things which would have happened had Cutler stayed healthy:

1) Lions not in the post season
2) Giants not in the Super Bowl
3) Bears in the Super Bowl winning it
4) Atlanta still only scoring two points on a safety versus a crappy Saints defense

Ferny

GG Rinse

That Pick 6 to start the game I think really turned the momentum quickly. JB is also so quick, I noticed he had Revis beat in some situations there after the half.

rinse82

GG Rinse

That Pick 6 to start the game I think really turned the momentum quickly. JB is also so quick, I noticed he had Revis beat in some situations there after the half.

Yep GG man!

That Robinson drop on 4th down was brutal too. Your D is solid.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Doesn't matter what they need. They're all taking skills position players.\

Bingo.

Which is fine with me!

I'm definitely taking Oline, perhaps even with my second unless there's a drop off. Would love to get two guards or a guard and a center.

The Jags have Marcedes Lewis, Justin Blackmon and MJD.

The Jets have Shonn Greene, Dustin Keller and Stephen Hill.

I forget who the Browns have besides TRich but they need line help more.

The Cards have Williams, Roberts and Floyd.

Most of the teams in the bottom ten have above average RBs playmaking TEs and young WRs. They also have shit tier players at the OL spots I listed.

I don't think that grabbing one of the midget WRs with no release that make up this draft class are gonna help these teams from taking 60 sacks again.

Just saw these and it annoyed me. Let me get this straight:

The guy with the Eagles (McCoy, Vick, DJax, Maclin, Celek, DRC, Asomugha) is telling people to draft on the lines. Literally has the most loaded team in the league and is telling us with shit teams what to do.

The guy with the Cowboys (Romo, Murray, Felix Jones, Austin, Bryant, Ogletree, Witten, Claiborne, Carr) in a similar situation, saying he is drafting OL. No shit, what else do you need?

There's a very distinct difference in this league between the have and the have nots in regards to that kind of talent. The playbook literally busts open with plays they could run that us have nots can't. Sanjo had me at my wits end with having to defend seemingly every freakin' option on the field. Gronk, Fitz, Welker, Hernandez, Ridley, Lloyd - it was a fucking house of horrors. Meanwhile all guys have to do is press Amendola, with a release of ***39*** and he's out of the play, 1 on 1. I don't have anyone that can get open, make a play, and keep me from having to hold onto the ball on passes for much longer than I want to. I am VERY thankful I was able to sign Winslow or I'd be sunk this season.

I haven't checked yet after I played LJ but I was the second least sacked QB in the league. Further I was 6th in the league in rushing. All of this with having one of, if not the worst, OL in the league. It's not even about learning tricks or anything, all you need is a warm body with just enough at PBK and RBK.

The guy with the Eagles (McCoy, Vick, DJax, Maclin, Celek, DRC, Asomugha) is telling people to draft on the lines. Literally has the most loaded team in the league and is telling us with shit teams what to do.

The guy with the Cowboys (Romo, Murray, Felix Jones, Austin, Bryant, Ogletree, Witten, Claiborne, Carr) in a similar situation, saying he is drafting OL. No shit, what else do you need?

There's a very distinct difference in this league between the have and the have nots in regards to that kind of talent. The playbook literally busts open with plays they could run that us have nots can't. Sanjo had me at my wits end with having to defend seemingly every freakin' option on the field. Gronk, Fitz, Welker, Hernandez, Ridley, Lloyd - it was a fucking house of horrors. Meanwhile all guys have to do is press Amendola, with a release of ***39*** and he's out of the play, 1 on 1. I don't have anyone that can get open, make a play, and keep me from having to hold onto the ball on passes for much longer than I want to. I am VERY thankful I was able to sign Winslow or I'd be sunk this season.

I haven't checked yet after I played LJ but I was the second least sacked QB in the league. Further I was 6th in the league in rushing. All of this with having one of, if not the worst, OL in the league. It's not even about learning tricks or anything, all you need is a warm body with just enough at PBK and RBK.

but if you listen to CB tell it, he has NO talent on his team! only because of his immense skill does he succeed at the game! no help whatsoever from his team! playing with one of the worst teams in the game but he still handles it!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

I've gotten good wide receivers and corners in later rounds (2,3,4) for 3 straight years now. Actually good isn't a strong enough word. Great. I can't do what I wanna do without a great o-line. Most people can't. Look at madden 12. I was pretty fucking average (As far as blocking and passing) that first year because my line was trash. By year 3 I made it elite in the draft and made the superbowl. That was largely made possible by you guys letting tackles that should have been a top 5 pick drop to 25. So keep at it!

Ferny

The Jags have Marcedes Lewis, Justin Blackmon and MJD.

The Jets have Shonn Greene, Dustin Keller and Stephen Hill.

I forget who the Browns have besides TRich but they need line help more.

The Cards have Williams, Roberts and Floyd.

Most of the teams in the bottom ten have above average RBs playmaking TEs and young WRs. They also have shit tier players at the OL spots I listed.

I don't think that grabbing one of the midget WRs with no release that make up this draft class are gonna help these teams from taking 60 sacks again.

Seriously? Greene is fine, he's no stud. Shit LT2 played BETTER for me last year than he did. I'll grant you Keller and Hill is good but not great yet in the game. My offense has been doing well lately but lets not pretend that I have some crazy great weapons here.

CB3

but if you listen to CB tell it, he has NO talent on his team! only because of his immense skill does he succeed at the game! no help whatsoever from his team! playing with one of the worst teams in the game but he still handles it!
I was doing well in this league with Reggie Brown and LJ smith. Suck my dick biiiitch

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've gotten good wide receivers and corners in later rounds (2,3,4) for 3 straight years now. Actually good isn't a strong enough word. Great. I can't do what I wanna do without a great o-line. Most people can't. Look at madden 12. I was pretty fucking average (As far as blocking and passing) that first year because my line was trash. By year 3 I made it elite in the draft and made the superbowl. That was largely made possible by you guys letting tackles that should have been a top 5 pick drop to 25. So keep at it!

Oh you mean last year when we knew every single attribute of every single player way before the draft? That doesnt work for this year pal.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

it was a response to rors saying all of us would go skill position... but as far as what I need, maybe someone to play offense for me?

Ogletree is shit, drops open passes over the middle every game.

CB3

Oh you mean last year when we knew every single attribute of every single player way before the draft? That doesnt work for this year pal.

Wouldn't that have made it easier for guys to pick correctly? How was I getting Dallas Strong in the 3rd round? He was better than most WR's drafted before him

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
didn't strong have like a 50 in catch or carry? I recall being scared off by something.

CB3

Well it wasn't catch or carry. I wouldn't have drafted him with a low carry rating. He also had like 96 spectacular catch. I miss him :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Seriously? Greene is fine, he's no stud. Shit LT2 played BETTER for me last year than he did. I'll grant you Keller and Hill is good but not great yet in the game. My offense has been doing well lately but lets not pretend that I have some crazy great weapons here.

Yeah, and this is my point. FMT has Manningham, Moss, and most especially VD. LJ has Stevie Johnson, Spiller, and Chandler at least. Crow has D. Thomas, Decker, McGahee, Tamme... it's like a fucking broken record with all the playmaking talent these guys have. Meanwhile the Browns need someone, anyone, outside of T-Rich. The Cards need a QB period, etc.

bluemax

Banned
Yeah, and this is my point. FMT has Manningham, Moss, and most especially VD. LJ has Stevie Johnson, Spiller, and Chandler at least. Crow has D. Thomas, Decker, McGahee, Tamme... it's like a fucking broken record with all the playmaking talent these guys have. Meanwhile the Browns need someone, anyone, outside of T-Rich. The Cards need a QB period, etc.

FMT and Crow have ridiculously better offensive lines than anyone in the bottom 10.

Having playmakers only matters if you have time to get them the ball.

Mrbob

I have no offensive line, keep crying people. Try to play offense with swiss cheese blocking for you in both the run and pass.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FMT and Crow have ridiculously better offensive lines than anyone in the bottom 10.

Having playmakers only matters if you have time to get them the ball.

Again, I have one of the worst OLs in the league and I have no problem. Only 16 sacks taken this entire season.

I have no offensive line, keep crying people. Try to play offense with swiss cheese blocking for you in both the run and pass.

And you can still pass right? I'm sure Marshall helps, as does Forte. How much would a top tier TE help?

You guys are all crazy. Is lack of time forcing interceptions or is it that guys aren't getting open and aren't making plays on the ball? (Exclude DCX who has both a good OL and Receiving corps)

Mrbob

You must have missed the number of times where I've complained Marshall and his 98 release rating struggles to get open.

My pass numbers are nothing but pedestrian at best.

I also have one of the highest sack rates in the league.

CB3

If that's what you believe, then by all means take a play maker. It didn't seem to help when you had Arod and Gresham and Green. I'll sit at the end of the round and wait for the inevitable top 3 lineman to tumble all the way to me like it always does.

I wouldn't have as many sacks or interceptions if I had some playmakers besides Burress and T-Rich. I need a deep threat and I'll probably need a QB once Weeden retires after next season.

I have a beast at left tackle but I do need to strengthen the interior.

bluemax

Banned
Again, I have one of the worst OLs in the league and I have no problem. Only 16 sacks taken this entire season.

And you can still pass right? I'm sure Marshall helps, as does Forte. How much would a top tier TE help?

You guys are all crazy. Is lack of time forcing interceptions or is it that guys aren't getting open and aren't making plays on the ball? (Exclude DCX who has both a good OL and Receiving corps)

I'm pretty sure I already disproved this notion that you have one of the worst olines in the league. You don't even have the worst one in the division.

Top Bottom