• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

McNei1y

Ive never played Halo with someone as good as me or better. Its nice being the second option on the team. Im fine being Pau Gasol

Edit: Well i played with luke. But only in firefight

I want to be Nash... just dissing out all the assists. Probably because you'll be stealing all my kills.

Smokey

Hey, we still fitness bros? If so what has your pt got you doing?

Guy I'm working with is geared towards athletics/bball. He used to play overseas and some other pro leagues until injury took him out.

Right now we're working on explosiveness so mostly exercises on the court to reflect that. And lots or cardio. In the weight room its exercises working on my core. Lots of holding weights and jumping on to things and moving quickly. Body feels like its about to break at times but i love dat feeling. Been trying to eat right too and its pretty damn expensive to eat healthy every day.

halo-1.png

Twinhead where's the comp at?!

TheCrow

Costco/Sam's Club is your best friend for cutting costs. Wish I had a bigger freezer so I could just stock up on chicken, steaks, turkey, and burgers.

Routine wise we are doing the complete opposite. No cardio for me and I'm about to start the Starting Strength routine since my cut is coming to an end. I'm finally about to hit my goal of 120lbs, currently at 121. Lost 5lbs since Tuesday so I might just hit an all time low of 115. Only 8 or 9 more days to go before I start slowly putting on weight. We'll hit our goals, all we got to do is stay motivated and healthy

LJ11

Guy I'm working with is geared towards athletics/bball. He used to play overseas and some other pro leagues until injury took him out.

Right now we're working on explosiveness so mostly exercises on the court to reflect that. And lots or cardio. In the weight room its exercises working on my core. Lots of holding weights and jumping on to things and moving quickly. Body feels like its about to break at times but i love dat feeling. Been trying to eat right too and its pretty damn expensive to eat healthy every day.

Do you play bball regularly? There really is no better cardio if you're playing bball and going all out. Started playing ball in January after not touching a bball for 5+ years, what a gut punch. I'm not overweight or anything like that, I just didn't have the explosion I did when I was young, could barely go by people. Felt like I was in fucking neutral.

Eventually got in better bball shape and some of it started coming back. It's amazing how your skills deteriorate. I stopped playing about a month due to stomach issues, I was cramping way too easily, wasn't due to hydration. One point I thought it may be early sports hernia, but it wasn't. On some probiotics and been alright so far, though I haven't tried to play in a month.

Just been riding my bike for 15 miles every other day, not the same, but better than doing no cardio. Hopefully I can start playing again in September.

Smokey

Costco/Sam's Club is your best friend for cutting costs. Wish I had a bigger freezer so I could just stock up on chicken, steaks, turkey, and burgers.

Routine wise we are doing the complete opposite. No cardio for me and I'm about to start the Starting Strength routine since my cut is coming to an end. I'm finally about to hit my goal of 120lbs, currently at 121. Lost 5lbs since Tuesday so I might just hit an all time low of 115. Only 8 or 9 more days to go before I start slowly putting on weight. We'll hit our goals, all we got to do is stay motivated and healthy

:eek:
good stuff i know you've been doing this for awhile. it's easy to get sidetracked so props

Do you play bball regularly? There really is no better cardio if you're playing bball and going all out. Started playing ball in January after not touching a bball for 5+ years, what a gut punch. I'm not overweight or anything like that, I just didn't have the explosion I did when I was young, could barely go by people. Felt like I was in fucking neutral.

Eventually got in better bball shape and some of it started coming back. It's amazing how your skills deteriorate. I stopped playing about a month due to stomach issues, I was cramping way too easily, wasn't due to hydration. One point I thought it may be early sports hernia, but it wasn't. On some probiotics and been alright so far, though I haven't tried to play in a month.

Yeah I've played bball since I was young. My dad was an athletic director at a college and his office was in the gym so my summers were spent making 500-600 shots a day or every other day. Nowadays I play in a league every Monday but play at my gym 3-4x a week. Usually try and make 300 or so shots each time I go depending on my routine. I'm working with the PT just to get in better shape. Sitting down 8 hours a day tears your body up so I'm trying to unwind it. Doing that will also improve my quickness, lateral movement, etc when playing.

I couldn't imagine not playing for 5+ years. That'd drive me crazy.

LJ11

Yeah I've played bball since I was young. My dad was an athletic director at a college and his office was in the gym so my summers were spent making 500-600 shots a day or every other day. Nowadays I play in a league every Monday but play at my gym 3-4x a week. Usually try and make 300 or so shots each time I go depending on my routine. I'm working with the PT just to get in better shape. Sitting down 8 hours a day tears your body up so I'm trying to unwind it. Doing that will also improve my quickness, lateral movement, etc when playing.

I couldn't imagine not playing for 5+ years. That'd drive me crazy.

Played every day as a kid, had a court right across the street from my house, still do actually. I just got sick and tired of the sport, played a bunch of organized ball and had enough. I was a fiend, broke my hand once and continued to play with a short cast, it was only my guide hand.

It's good that you're still playing, great exercise.

Do you mind sharing what you've been eating? What's an example of what a typical meal you prepare to eat? Like Monday through Sunday

I've been trying to eat healthier but ... I don't think I even know how. I found out the other day that I don't know how to slice and prepare tomatoes or make any salad.

I'm thinking about getting a personal trainer cause I've tried P90x but that shit is waaay too much for me right now and I'm having a hard time doing it regularly. I gotta start a lot more basic lol

I also can't really lift weights too much...I play an instrument that requires my shoulders and arms to stay loose and flexible. when I've worked out, it's been difficult to play. So I can only do it if I've got a few days to recover

LJ11

Do you mind sharing what you've been eating? What's an example of what a typical meal you prepare to eat? Like Monday through Sunday

I've been trying to eat healthier but ... I don't think I even know how. I found out the other day that I don't know how to slice and prepare tomatoes or make any salad.

I'm thinking about getting a personal trainer cause I've tried P90x but that shit is waaay too much for me right now and I'm having a hard time doing it regularly. I gotta start a lot more basic lol

I also can't really lift weights too much...I play an instrument that requires my shoulders and arms to stay loose and flexible. when I've worked out, it's been difficult to play. So I can only do it if I've got a few days to recover

What about collard greens, steamed broccoli, spinach, cabbage/lettuce ? Mix that in with some protein/meat, ie chicken, fish/tuna, beef, pork, turkey (burgers specifically), lamb etc. I grill a lot in the summer, even in the winter I'm grilling. You can always grill a bunch of chicken and warm it up, should last you a few days. East some oatmeal and eggs in the morning, if you want less fat just stick with egg whites. As for snacks I pound almonds/nuts and greek yogurt. Guess if you want to dump weight you should dump carbs or only load up on workout days.

Edit: If you don't have access to a grill it's a lot harder. I'm not cooking a thing in the oven/burner, just doesn't taste good ie I'm a shitty cook.

TheCrow

I would not recommend what I'm doing currently. What I'm doing is an extreme diet to get below 10% body fat. This is what I ate today and almost every day, except for a little less chicken on non workout days. LJ gives much better advice as for a stable and balanced diet. I

ibh8jBcHMLgGH6.PNG

Edit: I'd use this to figure how much you should be eating to maintain. Then if you want to gain weight you eat more and eat less to lose weight. http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

BigAT

Your breakfast is a couple of pills and then you don't eat anything until dinner? 1000 calories a day?

I'd rather eat a bullet.

TheCrow

Thanks LJ and Crow. Wow if I am to do this it will be quite a change

I eat out quite frequently and eat a lot of bad stuff. if I do eat at home I just make pulled meat sandwiches, stir fry, or frozen pizza. and the weird thing is that I am not a fat ass at all. Right now I am between 5'11 and 6'0 and weigh about 145. somehow in the last month I mysteriously lost ten pounds after hovering around 155. and this is from someone whose weekly diet includes plenty of fried food and cheese and carbs...i guess it is that asian metabolism.

i still want to eat healthier though without making myself more of a stick

TheCrow

Just figure out how much your supposed to be eating and don't be afraid to lift a little. You're not going to become a bodybuilder overnight. You'll stop being sore after a few workouts. That way you can stay the same weight but just get leaner.

Before anyone says I'm skinny or weak here's a picture of me at 125lbs. Warning: NSFW http://i.minus.com/idSc1u8ymLlUx.jpg I got a decent amount of muscle on me and losing a little more fat won't hurt.

Way to go. You are a hell of a lot more fit than I

I'm skinny literally everywhere except for my stomach which is kinda protruding out. I guess all the fat is staying there. I do my Ab exercises though...but it is pretty sad. But still, progress is what counts

I have the urge for an A1 thick n hearty but god damn it...

whataburger-a1-thick-hearty.jpg

this alone is 1050 calories lol. the meal overall is about 1700

TheCrow

Way to go. You are a hell of a lot more fit than I

I'm skinny literally everywhere except for my stomach which is kinda protruding out. I guess all the fat is staying there. I do my Ab exercises though...but it is pretty sad. But still, progress is what counts

I have the urge for an A1 thick n hearty but god damn it...

Sorry to tell you but abs are made in the kitchen not in the weight room. You can not spot reduce, aka target a specific area to lose fat. Good looking abs come from dieting.

And why you gotta post that. I gotta fight my urge to get 5 guys every day I pass it on my way to and back from work. :3

Ramirez

IMG_4670.jpg

That piece right? It was always my favorite growing up, I guess because it was different. I don't eat much of a bread loaf these days though.

LiveWire

Ends of bread loafs are awesome. Just like pizza crusts. Fucking wasteful people man.

I also eat shrimp shells too. Delicious

Top Bottom