• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LiveWire

I didn't even know shrimp shells were edible/digestible, gross.

Yep. I always wanted to go on Fear Factor, could easily win the portion of the competition for eating bugs and shit. I'd probably fall off a balance beam accidentally and lose that portion though. :/

McNei1y

Yep. I always wanted to go on Fear Factor, could easily win the portion of the competition for eating bugs and shit. I'd probably fall off a balance beam accidentally and lose that portion though. :/

you'd eat animal testicles and drink other nasty shit?

and now getting back to the madden league, i just want to put this out there now. looking through the connected careers manual, there will be time every week that you can put into scouting the incoming rookie class. let me make this clear now:

IF YOU LOGON TO PLAY YOUR WEEKLY GAME AND DON'T BOTHER TO DO YOUR SCOUTING FOR THE WEEK, YOU ARE FAIR GAME TO BE VANCED ON. IT IS UNLIKELY THAT THERE WILL BE ANY SCENARIO WHERE YOU PLAY YOUR GAME, FAIL TO DO YOUR SCOUTING, AND WE WAIT UNTIL YOUR SCOUTING IS DONE LATER BEFORE WE VANCE.

i obviously bring this up because of the ncaa league but it's going to be even more important in a 32 man league!

McNei1y

I'm so pumped for this. Usually, after my game I would sit in the lobby and look for the best trade deals or see who should start based on ratings. And that's that... Wishing I could play another game.

Now I'll be able to look at my roster, look at others rosters, scout, practice situations, salaries and such, and whatever other cool shit there is. I'm pumped! They better have a good soundtrack because I'm about to be listening to it many times through.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm so pumped for this. Usually, after my game I would sit in the lobby and look for the best trade deals or see who should start based on ratings. And that's that... Wishing I could play another game.

Now I'll be able to look at my roster, look at others rosters, scout, practice situations, salaries and such, and whatever other cool shit there is. I'm pumped! They better have a good soundtrack because I'm about to be listening to it many times through.

halo tonight. if smokey is around. since you have been MIA the past few days

CB3

team slayer. though if you want to team with mcnulty against me and smokey thats your own death warrant!

McNei1y

I got an overkill in team slayer today. Feels good man

Best thing I've ever done in Halo was in Halo 2 when I was playing a BTB 1-Flag CTF game on Headlong.

I was standing on top of the overpass where the road ends looking down in the pit. I was on defense at the moment and the enemies had just taken the flag. 3 of them filled into a warthog. It was driving through the pit where 2 of their allies were fighting one of my teammates. A friendly warthog with 2 people came driving into the pit crashing into them. As that was happening, I launched two rockets (one with the lock on aimer).

The first rocket blew up the enemy warthog, with the second rocket hitting the friendly warthog. The three guys on the ground blew up as well. I had killed 5 enemies and betrayed 3 allies. It was awesome. I also returned the flag.

I wish they had video clips because I laughed so hard.

Rorschach

Played a couple of games with an Eagles fan offline. I won both, but fuck are the Eagles bullshit. I barely won the second in OT. So many dropped INTs that were just lofted, so many grabs in triple coverage, so many broken vick and mccoy tackles...

There was one play where he used engage 8 and Boss was open for DAYS. I throw it to him, but he decides not to grab it. It flies over his head and I can see the ball circle on the ground. Well, it doesn't land there. It gets suctioned into his cornerback 10 yards back that was covering my WR. The physics were incredible. I replayed it and still couldn't wrap my head around it.

Kinda deflates my enthusiasm for 13. I think it's just going to be a frustrating endeavor.

[edit]I'm tempted to re-buy reach to play with you guys. I never had an actual team to play with. It was always just me vs the other team... which is bad when I like playing objective games. :( But... I need to test my connection.

Played a couple of games with an Eagles fan offline. I won both, but fuck are the Eagles bullshit. I barely won the second in OT. So many dropped INTs that were just lofted, so many grabs in triple coverage, so many broken vick and mccoy tackles...

There was one play where he used engage 8 and Boss was open for DAYS. I throw it to him, but he decides not to grab it. It flies over his head and I can see the ball circle on the ground. Well, it doesn't land there. It gets suctioned into his cornerback 10 yards back that was covering my WR. The physics were incredible. I replayed it and still couldn't wrap my head around it.

Kinda deflates my enthusiasm for 13. I think it's just going to be a frustrating endeavor.

[edit]I'm tempted to re-buy reach to play with you guys. I never had an actual team to play with. It was always just me vs the other team... which is bad when I like playing objective games. :( But... I need to test my connection.

dang where did he get the game this early!?

CB3

Me you and smokey would be a really good team. Mcneily TBD

Reach has good netcode so i would think your connection might work

Rorschach

dang where did he get the game this early!?

12 my bad. But I expect a lot of those things to be in 13. I know suction grabs are in. I just remembered what it's like to play vs a high caliber team. It's so frustrating as a low tier team. People say it doesn't matter and the Raiders are a great team blah blah blah, but that's not how it plays out in the game. When you're the Browns, Raiders, Titans, etc, you have a high climb to just compete.

But we all get to build up our teams and that's where the hope lies. I just hope donny didn't go overboard with the super rookies again.

McNei1y

Me you and smokey would be a really good team. Mcneily TBD

Reach has good netcode so i would think your connection might work

Hey I'm game. I'll play in a little bit if you want! Been playing shitty games with my roommates just for drinking sake.

12 my bad. But I expect a lot of those things to be in 13. I know suction grabs are in. I just remembered what it's like to play vs a high caliber team. It's so frustrating as a low tier team. People say it doesn't matter and the Raiders are a great team blah blah blah, but that's not how it plays out in the game. When you're the Browns, Raiders, Titans, etc, you have a high climb to just compete.

But we all get to build up our teams and that's where the hope lies. I just hope donny didn't go overboard with the super rookies again.

even as a "low tier" team, there are things you can take advantage of with every team. raiders have pretty high speed at the receiver position and one of the best RB's in the game. couple that with a highly rated o-line and you have something to work with.

mike vick has always been annoying in madden and always will

Rorschach

even as a "low tier" team, there are things you can take advantage of with every team. raiders have pretty high speed at the receiver position and one of the best RB's in the game. couple that with a highly rated o-line and you have something to work with.

mike vick has always been annoying in madden and always will

lol no, they aren't. And McFadden will be injured by week 5 just like rl. And we saw what receivers mean without things like the ability to catch or a QB to get it to them. When I dropped DHB nobody picked him up for free until Daw stepped up. You guys tout speed, but you know it doesn't mean shit without attributes essential for that position.

You knew what it was like playing with the 9ers all that time. I'm just saying it's an uphill climb, not that it's impossible to win. I won both games. It's just a lot of bullshit you have to contend with and certain players get lots of freebies. I really do hate that QBs can loft passes right to a defender or two, but not have them caught because they've got a better bullshit rating. Peyton shouldn't have been intercepted today in real life!

PS: I need Zach Miller back! In real life and Madden! Make it happen, Blue!

lol no, they aren't. And McFadden will be injured by week 5 just like rl. And we saw what receivers mean without things like the ability to catch or a QB to get it to them. When I dropped DHB nobody picked him up for free until Daw stepped up. You guys tout speed, but you know it doesn't mean shit without attributes essential for that position.

You knew what it was like playing with the 9ers all that time. I'm just saying it's an uphill climb, not that it's impossible to win. I won both games. It's just a lot of bullshit you have to contend with and certain players get lots of freebies. I really do hate that QBs can loft passes right to a defender or two, but not have them caught because they've got a better bullshit rating. Peyton shouldn't have been intercepted today in real life!

PS: I need Zach Miller back! In real life and Madden! Make it happen, Blue!

i meant D-line! and no one picked DHB up because his salary was like $7 mil a year.

p.s. you can have crabcakes! i'm making kyle williams my #1!

Top Bottom