• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

DCX

DCX
I'm pretty sure the scouting option comes back at least once before the draft. I think it was during the Super Bowl or free agency, maybe both.

I also didn't receive any coaching bonus for making the playoffs. Is it like that for everyone? Maybe it gets applied after the season is fully over.

I think that's safe to assume.

DCX

McNei1y

Remember when Ram threw like 9 TD passes on me? Yea good times.

I think if nothing else, it's time to consider the following, more Red State MaddenGAF for season 2:

• Play your games, play them timely.
  • If you can't stop someone on fourth down, it's probably your fault. Deal with it.
  • If you get blown out, you probably deserved it. Keep it to yourself.
  • If you wanna pass, pass. If you wanna run, run. Just keep scoring.
  • If someone takes control of a defender when the ball is in the air, take control of the wide receiver and make a play.

I feel like a lot of the rules that exist probably are there to keep people interested, try and keep games from getting out of hand and feelings getting hurt, but maybe we're past all of that.

Maybe those rules don't need to exist.

I'm all for this actually, whether you're kidding or not. I'm already used to getting blown out. I've been "blown out" by CB and Ram this year.

As a east coast guy, the draft is to early. 6, 7, 8 hippie time would be better. Some dudes have lives.

DCX

Yeah, some of us DO have lives. 9+pm is bad for me since I'll probably be drinking and cutting a rug. Make it Sunday night or Monday night. Not prime time dammit.

There isn't a draft board to sort picks of who you want/don't want/in what order, I'm pretty sure

And scouting does come back a few times in the offseason, the offseason has 8 steps (some are the same, just sign FA and scout) the 8th step is the NFL draft and the 7th step is your last chance to spend scouting points

by the 7th step, if you haven't spent any XP and didn't get a scouting point boost, you should have 46,000 points to spend on

McNei1y

There isn't a draft board to sort picks of who you want/don't want/in what order, I'm pretty sure

And scouting does come back a few times in the offseason, the offseason has 8 steps (some are the same, just sign FA and scout) the 8th step is the NFL draft and the 7th step is your last chance to spend scouting points

by the 7th step, if you haven't spent any XP and didn't get a scouting point boost, you should have 46,000 points to spend on

I like the idea of scouting but I'm not sure I spent mine all too well.. I think I've only scouted players at the position I need. I may have spent some points on a random guy here and there... but if it comes to the later rounds and all the guys I scouted are gone, that could be trouble.

McNei1y

Man, the talks of this hurricane coming up here is kinda scary. If the cold front hits at the same time as the storm, this could produce a ton of snow... I'm afraid I might lose power.

I need to play my games! Damn you storm!

What I do with scouting is I'll look up certain attributes a player must have (like if a WR has D route running, no thanks, don't care if catching is an A)

Something I noticed that I didn't before, is player development speed. There's slow (very few get this I Think), normal, quick, superstar. seems like before the draft it's either avg/fast/star, not sure. but that costs 5000 points to unveil...may be helpful if you're stuck between two choices though.

BigAT

Man, the talks of this hurricane coming up here is kinda scary. If the cold front hits at the same time as the storm, this could produce a ton of snow... I'm afraid I might lose power.

I need to play my games! Damn you storm!

I lost power and heat for 4 days in a row last year on Halloween when there was that random blizzard that hit. That suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

McNei1y

What I do with scouting is I'll look up certain attributes a player must have (like if a WR has D route running, no thanks, don't care if catching is an A)

Something I noticed that I didn't before, is player development speed. There's slow (very few get this I Think), normal, quick, superstar. seems like before the draft it's either avg/fast/star, not sure. but that costs 5000 points to unveil...may be helpful if you're stuck between two choices though.

Yea the development speed has been talked about before in here. It seems to be this year's "potential" rating. Luckily, development speed isn't a necessity this year.

I lost power and heat for 4 days in a row last year on Halloween when there was that random blizzard that hit. That suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

I remember that... I also remember that the storm was the only big winter storm last year... and UMD still had school during it.

DCX

DCX
Yea the development speed has been talked about before in here. It seems to be this year's "potential" rating. Luckily, development speed isn't a necessity this year.

I remember that... I also remember that the storm was the only big winter storm last year... and UMD still had school during it.

True as you can just XP them to victory but having a fast or star development nets you those XP in bunches.

DCX

McNei1y

True as you can just XP them to victory but having a fast or star development nets you those XP in bunches.

DCX

Yeah. I don't think I have any "superstar" guy on my team but I have a few quick ones like Orakpo and RGIII. They do gain a lot more from the goals. Again, though, many of the potential draft picks have some pretty good stats to start with.

DCX

DCX
Yeah. I don't think I have any "superstar" guy on my team but I have a few quick ones like Orakpo and RGIII. They do gain a lot more from the goals. Again, though, many of the potential draft picks have some pretty good stats to start with.

I have one superstar trait guy. Julio. Spoon is quick. I need to make a couple of my key guys quick.

DCX

McNei1y

The reason i haven't done it. Year one i updated stats. Maybe year 2 i will try to get a couple there.

DCX

Yeah I've been thinking about that now... I mean young guys could be worth the risk since they'll be gaining those points over their career much faster. Do points add up every year?

TheCrow

Man what the fuck, I hit yearly totals easily with a bunch of guys and none of them got XP bonuses, what gives? Did you guys get the coach XP bonus for making the playoffs? I didn't get that either.

I also didn't receive any coaching bonus for making the playoffs. Is it like that for everyone? Maybe it gets applied after the season is fully over.

Those apply after the season is over.

McNei1y

So Sanjuro and I were trying to play turtles last night. And to clarify, I mean the OG arcade one. Not turtles in time, Sok. I still haven't beaten Shredder and the last two times we got a group going, we didn't either. I forgot who else was a part of it, I think Big AT and CB were there. Cola or Pheen were too. But someone, please help me beat Shredder!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Those apply after the season is over.
Yeah I thought of that later. Makes sense.

Bob I should be good to go sometime between 9 and 10 your time like you suggested. I'm spending most of my day doing interviews for my company then I have to get my job site ready for this nor'easter. :(

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I got my coach xp for season totals on defense, like allow under 2000 yards and such, but maybe because my season is over?

Nightz

My goodness the next few weeks are going to be awesome:

AC3
AC3 Liberation
NFS Most Wanted
ZoE HD Collection
Ragnarok Odyssey
Halo 4
PS All Stars

Rorschach

I have zero superstar trait guys. What sucks is that Moore has a drops passes trait that I can't get rid of. Ever. The weird thing is that DHB drops way more passes. Ford too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I got my coach xp for season totals on defense, like allow under 2000 yards and such, but maybe because my season is over?
I should have clarified. I did get those. Totaled out to about 5000 points. I didn't get the 2500 points for winning 8 games nor the 25000 for making the playoffs tho.

Trasher

Go Pittsburgh Giants!
kM9tL.jpg

A super team with AT and Ram combined!

Top Bottom