• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LukeSmith

All the elites ganging up on someone. Shadow council hivemind.

Ramirez won* two** Super Bowls! He's an elite and he set NFL records for passing TDs*** receiving yards**** and receiving TDs*****

We just have to hear him out, I'm sure there's a logical explanation.

Mrbob

Haha got dayum, I think a lot of you Android boyz will love these videos.

Shit Apple Fanatics say Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFhjDX-DUew&feature=watch_response_rev

And Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTTSsB92L_s&feature=relmfu

We just have to hear him out, I'm sure there's a logical explanation.

cmIdE.png

Ramirez

why didn't roofles get suspended for his 9 TD game? :(

Because that was actually a game the entire time until like 3 mins left to go? Me & McNeily get wild with no defense when we play each other, same stuff happened in the community.

4 punts, averaging 11.8 yards.

We will see what he says.

I would get to the RZ, and punt it, because I KNEW you guys would be all over me if I scored, even FGs! The game was over 3 minutes into the 1st quarter, I'm not gonna sit there and take knees against the cpu, I wanted to play Story for this very reason. There was no reason for me to be playing the cpu in the first place, we could have easily played tonight.

Its one thing to snake a TD here and there when you think no one is looking. But it seems like he had this one well planned out.

I eagerly await the trial by fire.

Yea dude, you should see the blue print I had laid out for this one!

I could have easily thrown 10 TDs if I wanted to, I think my final pass/run tally was like 24 passes to 14 runs? You're acting as if I threw the ball 50 times.

And lol@Luke saying I was dodging the thread, I was playing D3, and Trasher tells me you're on a witch hunt in here, and I laughed it off. I had nothing to hide with this game, it was just a stupid cpu game. I don't care about XP, I think I've tried two practice scenarios all season?

LukeSmith

I would get to the RZ, and punt it, because I KNEW you guys would be all over me if I scored, even FGs! The game was over 3 minutes into the 1st quarter, I'm not gonna sit there and take knees against the cpu, I wanted to play Story for this very reason. There was no reason for me to be playing the cpu in the first place, we could have easily played tonight.

But why pass? Why not run with the game in hand after the 35-0 start?

You can just say, "To get Wallace and Antonio Brown and Big Ben" more stats. Embrace it. Own it.

And lol@Luke saying I was dodging the thread, I was playing D3, and Trasher tells me you're on a witch hunt in here, and I laughed it off. I had nothing to hide with this game, it was just a stupid cpu game. I don't care about XP, I think I've tried two practice scenarios all season?

So elite you don't even need practice XP

Ramirez

But why pass? Why not run with the game in hand after the 35-0 start?

You can just say, "To get Wallace and Antonio Brown and Big Ben" more stats. Embrace it. Own it.

I would run, run, pass in the 3rd/4th. The pass usually ended up being a huge gain, where I would just run down field, fall down, then punt. Like I said, I knew you guys would be out for blood, but again, I'm not going to sit there for an hour & take knees against the cpu. The game might as well been simmed if I were expected to do that.

So elite you don't even need practice XP

My guys are already maxed out at the important stats! OP teams don't need XP!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Last week in the MVP campaign in which you came into it behind Lesean McCoy. The same trophy you came in here touting when the week advanced. Hmm....

Ramirez

Last week in the MVP campaign in which you came into it behind Lesean McCoy. The same trophy you came in here touting when the week advanced. Hmm....

You mean the RB you throw to 25 times a game? Get off my nuts.

Like I told Luke, and I don't mean this as a slight to Story, but just because the game was meaningless, doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try to schedule a time to play it. Playing a crappy CPU team just puts you in a weird spot when you're up by 28 points by the end of the 1st, no one wants to run out a game for 3 quarters.

bluemax

Banned
It's hard to believe you only threw on third downs when your pass to run ratio is 2 to 1.

But I do think this Inquiry is a waste of time.

LukeSmith

I think if nothing else, it's time to consider the following, more Red State MaddenGAF for season 2:

• Play your games, play them timely.
  • If you can't stop someone on fourth down, it's probably your fault. Deal with it.
  • If you get blown out, you probably deserved it. Keep it to yourself.
  • If you wanna pass, pass. If you wanna run, run. Just keep scoring.
  • If someone takes control of a defender when the ball is in the air, take control of the wide receiver and make a play.

I feel like a lot of the rules that exist probably are there to keep people interested, try and keep games from getting out of hand and feelings getting hurt, but maybe we're past all of that.

Maybe those rules don't need to exist.

Trasher

You got a large gain on a pass on 3rd down????? YOU PADDER! Lateral that shit to your RB!

You mean the RB you throw to 25 times a game? Get off my nuts.

Like I told Luke, and I don't mean this as a slight to Story, but just because the game was meaningless, doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try to schedule a time to play it. Playing a crappy CPU team just puts you in a weird spot when you're up by 28 points by the end of the 1st, no one wants to run out a game for 3 quarters.

Apparently you should have paused the game and literally subbed out each and every starter. Because that's exactly what I want to do when I'm playing a boring blowout game...make it last even longer.

Ramirez

What's worse. Throwing to a running back 5 times a game or throwing 9 td passes in a game? You be the judge!

Why are you clinging on to that like it has any merit? That was a one TD game the entire game, up until 3-4 minutes to go in the 4th.

It's hard to believe you only threw on third downs when your pass to run ratio is 2 to 1.

But I do think this Inquiry is a waste of time.

A whole 24 passes, will someone think of the children?! We're talking about a 10 play differential in pass/run like it's 50, c'mon brothers.

Trasher

I feel like a lot of the rules that exist probably are there to keep people interested, try and keep games from getting out of hand and feelings getting hurt, but maybe we're past all of that.

Maybe those rules don't need to exist.

Computers have feelings now! It's just like fucking Terminator!

lololololololol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ramirez is defending himself like a man with a guilty conscience!

Hey! He HAD to throw 5 td passes in the first quarter In the last week when he was coming in second to lesean for MVP! Its the only way to beat the CPU that never scores in any game in our league!

Ramirez

Hey! He HAD to throw 5 td passes in the first quarter In the last week when he was coming in second to lesean for MVP! Its the only way to beat the CPU that never scores in any game in our league!

So wait, now I'm being called out for scoring in the 1st! Amazing!

Sokantish

To be fair to Ram, he could have only passed it on 3rd downs, you only need one pass against the AI usually to bomb it to Owusu or Harvin, they're pretty much open everytime if you audible and the AI switches to press.

Besides the stat padding was only suppose to be to show your fellow madden gaffers respect, not AI! Poor Sanjuro got yelled at for pouting while Luke ran it up on him

LukeSmith

To be fair to Ram, he could have only passed it on 3rd downs, you only need one pass against the AI usually to bomb it to Owusu or Harvin, they're pretty much open everytime if you audible and the AI switches to press.

Besides the stat padding was only suppose to be to show your fellow madden gaffers respect, not AI! Poor Sanjuro got yelled at for pouting while Luke ran it up on him

I did run it up, I ran like 33 times that game.

I get what Ramirez was trying to do, didn't want to put tons of points on the board but wanted to get as many yards as possible, it wouldn't have happened if storybook was there, et cetera.

I don't think we should asterisk up the SmokeyTV game by including Charlie fucking Batch in the starting lineups for it.

Trasher

I did run it up, I ran like 33 times that game.

I get what Ramirez was trying to do, didn't want to put tons of points on the board but wanted to get as many yards as possible, it wouldn't have happened if storybook was there, et cetera.

I don't think we should asterisk up the SmokeyTV game by including Charlie fucking Batch in the starting lineups for it.

But Batch is one of the greatest QBs Detroit has ever had!

bluemax

Banned

If this was the case then he wouldnt have needed 27 pass attempts to convert a meager 6 third downs.

Now 212 of his 504 yards came after the catch so the other 292 were just happy accidents.

Trasher

If this was the case then he wouldnt have needed 27 pass attempts to convert a meager 6 third downs.

Now 212 of his 504 yards came after the catch so the other 292 were just happy accidents.

5 TDs and 500 yards isn't that outrageous in the big picture. A football field is 100 yards long in case you weren't aware.

bluemax

Banned
5 TDs and 500 yards isn't that outrageous in the big picture. A football field is 100 yards long in case you weren't aware.

I don't really care, I'm mostly just poking fun at how the numbers don't back up parts of his defense. I'm sure he could've dropped 70 if he wanted on the CPU.

I'm more interested in the fact that I just discovered that I currently only have 1 WR under contract for next season.

Trasher

I don't really care, I'm mostly just poking fun at how the numbers don't back up parts of his defense. I'm sure he could've dropped 70 if he wanted on the CPU.

I'm more interested in the fact that I just discovered that I currently only have 1 WR under contract for next season.

And I was mainly just being an asshole lol. :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
THE PLAN IS TO HAVE THE DRAFT HAPPEN NEXT SATURDAY (11/3) AT 5 PM PST.

this is not set in stone yet because i need to see what happens in the offseason and how long the playoffs last but im 90% sure that will be the day and time of the draft, so plan for it

Dude... Saturday night at 8 PM? C'mon.

Damn Earl Thomas got a fuck ton of XP for completing his season INTs goal. Nice!

35k points with pwill thanks to winning defensive player of the year! i love you pwill!

Had the same thing happen with Miller and I had to decide between upgrading speed or hit power. Tracy Porter also got a nice chunk of xp for winning best DB.

Man what the fuck, I hit yearly totals easily with a bunch of guys and none of them got XP bonuses, what gives? Did you guys get the coach XP bonus for making the playoffs? I didn't get that either.

DCX

DCX
Dude... Saturday night at 8 PM? C'mon.

Man what the fuck, I hit yearly totals easily with a bunch of guys and none of them got XP bonuses, what gives? Did you guys get the coach XP bonus for making the playoffs? I didn't get that either.
Asante, DeCoud and Spoon got nice XP bonuses.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Wasn't the anti-stat padding brigade pretending to be about "be nice to your fellow bros" for a little while? The entire time I decried it for it's real purpose, elite level players whining because they thought it might be harder for them to win trophies at the end of the year.

Thanks for outing yourselves, guys!

THE PLAN IS TO HAVE THE DRAFT HAPPEN NEXT SATURDAY (11/3) AT 5 PM PST.

this is not set in stone yet because i need to see what happens in the offseason and how long the playoffs last but im 90% sure that will be the day and time of the draft, so plan for it

During the Alabama-LSU game? :eek:

I'll damn sure miss the draft if that's the case.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Shit, scouting option is gone, I was gonna spend time during playoffs doing it. Does it come back in offseason pre-draft?

damn that sucks, I might be screwed.

This. Do you none of you guys actually do anything with your weekends?

we advanced on thanksgiving and new years last madden, I agree, they get ridiculous sometimes. I'd rather saturday than sunday though.

Ez is right about this stat padding issue. Hilarious that some are making a bigger deal about this than actual cheating.

BigAT

Shit, scouting option is gone, I was gonna spend time during playoffs doing it. Does it come back in offseason pre-draft?

I'm pretty sure the scouting option comes back at least once before the draft. I think it was during the Super Bowl or free agency, maybe both.

I also didn't receive any coaching bonus for making the playoffs. Is it like that for everyone? Maybe it gets applied after the season is fully over.

DCX

DCX
As a east coast guy, the draft is to early. 6, 7, 8 hippie time would be better. Some dudes have lives.

DCX

Top Bottom