• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Rorschach

You can pre-download but I believe you don't get access to the three day head start. Just access on Tuesday when the game officially launches.

Thanks for the info, gentlemen. I want in on the GAF guild if I get it, but I'm hesitant because I haven't been keeping up with it like everyone else and I haven't played it. Hopefully, there are nice folks who don't hate noobs. :|

Sanjuro

If you want to try an MMO, honestly give this one a shot. The fact that it's $60 (or $49 from GMG) and no other sub fees after make a huge difference to come back to every so often.

Yeah, I have a buddy who has been telling me about it nonstop. Problem is he plays at such a rapid enough pace, I would need to find some sort of GAF Guild to even maintain enjoyment.

Scenario is usually,

See text on phone - OMG GET GAME.
Purchase game - I'LL HAVE TO START NEW CHARACTER SO WE CAN PLAY
Start playing - Fuck. I'm level capped already, you're at what? Level six? SORRY!

Ferny

Thanks for the info, gentlemen. I want in on the GAF guild if I get it, but I'm hesitant because I haven't been keeping up with it like everyone else and I haven't played it. Hopefully, there are nice folks who don't hate noobs. :|

Rors, i'm in the guild and so is Somnia. There are a ton of cool dudes. Give us a shout when you get in and we can always party up and do quests and events and all types of shit.

Yeah, I have a buddy who has been telling me about it nonstop. Problem is he plays at such a rapid enough pace, I would need to find some sort of GAF Guild to even maintain enjoyment.

Scenario is usually,

See text on phone - OMG GET GAME.
Purchase game - I'LL HAVE TO START NEW CHARACTER SO WE CAN PLAY
Start playing - Fuck. I'm level capped already, you're at what? Level six? SORRY!

Not with this game you won't have that problem. You auto scale down to the level of your zone. So you are level 3 and I'm level 12 and you need help with a quest, I can go to your area and it'll put me at level 3 so I can help you and still get XP for myself and items.

Sanjuro

Also, I just ran out little while ago to give Sleeping Dogs a try. Went to the Redbox. Felt like I was a part of some sort of in game promotion. I counted four prostitutes while waiting for the machine to give me the game.

Sanjuro

Not with this game you won't have that problem. You auto scale down to the level of your zone. So you are level 3 and I'm level 12 and you need help with a quest, I can go to your area and it'll put me at level 3 so I can help you and still get XP for myself and items.

That sounds like an absolute seller to me. How does it run? Right now I would be running it on a Mac mini. I was able to run KOTR on the machine.

Ferny

That sounds like an absolute seller to me. How does it run? Right now I would be running it on a Mac mini. I was able to run KOTR on the machine.

It actually ran better at lower end systems during the beta weekends but that's cause it was CPU bound rather than to the GPU but that will change at launch. It scales real well to different systems and if you were able to run SWTOR then you will be able to run this as well.

Sanjuro

It actually ran better at lower end systems during the beta weekends but that's cause it was CPU bound rather than to the GPU but that will change at launch. It scales real well to different systems and if you were able to run SWTOR then you will be able to run this as well.

Great. That was probably the one thing I did like about WoW and seems to be a factor in it's overall success. Wish there was simply a OSX client though to make things easier.

bluemax

Banned
Pony Excess was pretty good on 30 for 30 except they didn't talk about Craig James killing 5 hookers while at SMU. Allegedly.

The one about Miami also gives some good insight in how things got to where they are today but I ft like they hid even more details than the SMU episode.

Nightz

I'll play with you. I'm a noob too.

Sokantish

The good thing about GW 2... no monthly fee so you can take a break whenever you want without feeling like you're wasting your HARD EARNED 15 dollars every month.

Trasher

11461814-large.jpeg

Maybe if he gets on the cover of everything he can break the Madden curse?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It's too much. You can't fuck with the football gods like that. He is gonna get injured this year watch

LukeSmith

It's too much. You can't fuck with the football gods like that. He is gonna get injured this year watch

The real curse will be Stafford getting hurt and having some piece of trash try and throw to him. So he's healthy, on all these covers and catches 58 balls for 900 yards and 4 TDs

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Damn I can't wait for the league to start. Playing the cpu seahawks is getting old!

We still have to wait for the 53 man rosters to be decided. Then that update to come out.

Luckily, the play in tournament should provide sufficient drama and tears.

McNei1y

We still have to wait for the 53 man rosters to be decided. Then that update to come out.

Luckily, the play in tournament should provide sufficient drama and tears.

Yah I'm assuming the league will start 2-3 weeks after release date give or take. I just want to play other teams/try playbooks/play human opponents/etc.

I'm liking the feel of the NHL demo.

It will be fun stylin' on fools with you dudes

It's really a shame 2k couldn't ever get crew to work. that had potential...

3 on 3 Madden is pretty fun too but I don't think anybody here plays that

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Tried the NHL demo. Looks nice, moves well, don't know how to play it. I hear Yakety Sax playing.

I hit play now, and I was in a game between the kings and...a red team.

I would check out the free skate tutorial then go to free skate. once you get a feel for how the right stick works its not bad. I would say the most challenging thing for me was learning to play and aim my shot, and not just pressing shoot hoping it goes in. but I wouldn't doubt anyone's ability here to figure that out. you can also do some loose puck dekes in there (they won't show you how to do that here I think) but you usually don't want to use those in a game unless you're in a 1 on 1 situation anyways

That play now stuff is really irrelevant to what we're going to be doing. Cause in that you basically control 5 guys and have to do line changes and shit. whereas, with one guy, all you really have to do is worry about positioning yourself correctly and NOT FUCKING UP when the puck comes your way inevitably. we just have to learn how to make good passes and smart plays, but after a while you get a feel for it.

and I'd say the most common sin is everybody doing "puck chasing"---sometimes it's okay but you gotta read the situation and know when it's time to stay in your area and let someone else pursue it

The "fancy" looking moves aren't as hard to figure out as the ones in Fifa, in my opinion, once you figure it out you just kinda do it. except when you thought you tried to deke someone and you get laid on your ass, that's never fun

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
aight, I'll try that. Looked up the basic controls while in there, and eventually learned how to actually shoot the puck. Felt good. Is there any analog control in regards to the angle you put on the R-Stick motion, or is it just "towards the net" when you shoot?

11461814-large.jpeg

Maybe if he gets on the cover of everything he can break the Madden curse?
Don't listen to these clowns. The only curse we will witness this year is the fucking voodoo Calvin puts on other teams when he runs through their secondary for 200 and 3 tds a game. I'm so excited

aight, I'll try that. Looked up the basic controls while in there, and eventually learned how to actually shoot the puck. Felt good. Is there any analog control in regards to the angle you put on the R-Stick motion, or is it just "towards the net" when you shoot?

I believe you can aim with the left stick when it comes to aiming. the right stick will determine if you're shooting it forehand or backhand (don't even try backhand most of the time)

so if you're a righty or lefty you'll figure out which direction to go in with the stick

i learned from the nhl guys in the club that it's generally better for a left winger to be left handed and a right winger to be right----sometimes you gotta pass the puck around the boards when you're in enemy territory, and if your skater is near the wall you want your stick to be able to pick up the puck

I don't know what the fuck most of the terminology is when it comes to area on the ice, but we'll figure it out when the time comes

eznark

Banned
Don't listen to these clowns. The only curse we will witness this year is the fucking voodoo Calvin puts on other teams when he runs through their secondary for 200 and 3 tds a game. I'm so excited

The real curse is playing in the NFC North and being forever irrelevant as a result.

Mrbob

You really don't need to be a hockey connoisseur to enjoy NHL. Play a couple exhibitions to get used to controls. Game is super intuitive. Series is just flat out fun to play. I get this game every other year, time to pick it up again!

Top Bottom