• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Rorschach

Someone give me the quick and dirty version of GW2.

Is there a meaningful PVE End Game?
Are there actual combat roles to play or is everything homogenized to prevent people from needing to cooperate?
Are there factions a la horde/alliance or are we all basically on the same side

From what I've gathered...

No.
No, yes.
No.

LukeSmith

From what I've gathered...

No.
No, yes.
No.

Sounds like I am gonna pass on it then. There's already a vastly superior PVP game available.

facebook_icon.png

bluemax

Banned
I think I spent a whopping 5 hours playing GW1, so I have no interest in spending money on GW2. I'm sure its a fine game and all but I can't get into that style.

McNei1y

I put maybe a day into GW1 over a month but never got to the highest level. It's not that I didn't like it but it's that I didn't understand it. I never played rpgs. Wow was my second a few months after and that's when I underrstood everything. I'd like GW2 but my buddies and I are hopping back into wow wgen the patch comes out.

Ferny

GW2 is NOTHING like GW1. It's seriously Night and Day. It's not all instanced and all that. It's actually a great MMO with a crazy amount of shit to do in it. The fact that it has no sub at all and you really don't have to pay a thing after the initial buy is craziness.

Also Sanjuro and Bob you can sign up over at gafguild.com if you want to post and all that good stuff but if you want to just shoot me a message in game, I got you bros.

Ferny

Let it be known. The first time Guild Wars 2 holds this league up, its being simmed. Consider this the warning

I got Season Ticket so i'll be playing Madden on Friday. Seems like i'm more committed (or more of an idiot) than you CB.

Honestly, GW2 won't hold up the league. It's not DOTA where you have an hour long game and you are forced to finish the match before doing anything else. With GW2, you can just log out or leave it running for a little while you play some Madden. There won't be the same problem.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I got Season Ticket so i'll be playing Madden on Friday. Seems like i'm more committed (or more of an idiot) than you CB.

Honestly, GW2 won't hold up the league. It's not DOTA where you have an hour long game and you are forced to finish the match before doing anything else. With GW2, you can just log out or leave it running for a little while you play some Madden. There won't be the same problem.

I was not pointing at you specifically. Im just talking in general. There are some people who will lie to keep playing. (Bob saying he was too sick to play his madden game but is on steam playing whatever. Yes that actually happened). So im just trying to get out infront of things. I know how those MMO's get ahold of people.

who else has season ticket here?

fmt
ferny
dmczaf
levious

anyone else? i needs to get some games in on friday and the weekend! plus i'll be able to test out the connected careers mode and see what kind of options we're dealing with.

in other madden news, the first patch is coming 2 weeks after release but we will be starting once the updated rosters come out.... which hopefully is by seasons launch!

Somnia

fmt
ferny
dmczaf
levious

anyone else? i needs to get some games in on friday and the weekend! plus i'll be able to test out the connected careers mode and see what kind of options we're dealing with.

in other madden news, the first patch is coming 2 weeks after release but we will be starting once the updated rosters come out.... which hopefully is by seasons launch!

One of these will be in GW2 mainly I bet =P

Nightz

fmt
ferny
dmczaf
levious

I have season ticket too. I'll be on Madden right after work on Friday, but no guarantees once midnight hits.

Splat

fmt
ferny
dmczaf
levious

I am dumb and have it

Ferny

I was not pointing at you specifically. Im just talking in general. There are some people who will lie to keep playing. (Bob saying he was too sick to play his madden game but is on steam playing whatever. Yes that actually happened). So im just trying to get out infront of things. I know how those MMO's get ahold of people.

Nah I know, I just think it'll be easier for people that are playing GW2 to get on Madden to play than it was for the DOTA-maniacs to play on time.

What about when Halo holds up advances? What's your stance on that, CB?

Seriously when Halo 4 launches it'll be GW2, Madden, and Halo 4. Won't need any other game.

fmt
ferny
dmczaf
levious

I'm down for some games. Maybe we could sim a season ahead and test all the offseason dealings as well. Is the game going to be up the morning of or will it be like 6PM est?

One of these will be in GW2 mainly I bet =P

For the most part with lots of Madden breaks in between lol

Nah I know, I just think it'll be easier for people that are playing GW2 to get on Madden to play than it was for the DOTA-maniacs to play on time.

Seriously when Halo 4 launches it'll be GW2, Madden, and Halo 4. Won't need any other game.

I'm down for some games. Maybe we could sim a season ahead and test all the offseason dealings as well. Is the game going to be up the morning of or will it be like 6PM est?

it goes up for download at 6pm est i believe

LukeSmith

You'll be playing DOTA2 instead of h4, lock it up

eznark

Banned
GW2 is NOTHING like GW1. It's seriously Night and Day. It's not all instanced and all that. It's actually a great MMO with a crazy amount of shit to do in it. The fact that it has no sub at all and you really don't have to pay a thing after the initial buy is craziness.

Also Sanjuro and Bob you can sign up over at gafguild.com if you want to post and all that good stuff but if you want to just shoot me a message in game, I got you bros.

Ice cold

NHL

Ramirez

fmt
ferny
dmczaf
levious

You already forget all of those beatdowns I gave you with UK?

I hope the wide 9 works in M13 without any cheese/nanos involved. It seems like a viable way to utilize speed rushers but in the Giants NASCAR package in the demo all my ends (well, I guess the ends on the end is more like it since they're all DE's) ever do is just run right into the tackles. I have seen a few of the D books in M13 have the wide 9.

btw idk if posted or not but all the books are on Facebook

http://apps.facebook.com/maddennflplaybooks/

bluemax

Banned

It's still an MMO. It's still a variation of the DikuMUD. I'm still not interested.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

fmt
ferny
dmczaf
levious

I am not renewing so does that mean I only have friday to play? I will be online all night with it either way though.

eznark

Banned
I'm probably going to break down and buy the pass so I can play Madden between GW2 this weekend.

If it weren't for DW2 I would totally be buying the pass.

Dota guys, is there any reason to buy the boosters at this point? I mean, what good does leveling up do? Also, fuck lychen.

BigAT

If it weren't for DW2 I would totally be buying the pass.

Dota guys, is there any reason to buy the boosters at this point? I mean, what good does leveling up do? Also, fuck lychen.

Every time you level up you're guaranteed an item drop, it doesn't do anything beyond that. I think, but I'm not positive, boosters might also increase your potential drop rate in each game as well, I don't remember.

Yeah, fuck Lycan. Such an underpowered hero, when is he going to get some buffs so he'll actually be good?

eznark

Banned
In the trash games I play he is pretty much an auto-win. Get off the tower you fucking unkillable bitch!

It doesn't help that I play support and the fucker always mauls me first.

BigAT

In the trash games I play he is pretty much an auto-win. Get off the tower you fucking unkillable bitch!

It doesn't help that I play support and the fucker always mauls me first.

Yup, he's ridiculous. There's a reason he's pretty much an instant ban in captain's mode. He can tear up the jungle, great ganker after level 6, great escapability, impossible to tie down after you get BKB and on top of all that he is one of the fastest pushers in the game. Absolutely shreds towers just by himself.

Top Bottom