• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Mrbob

Ferny ban Eznark:

One noteworthy difference is that the GAFGuild has a Zero Tolerance policy on Drama. The guild is meant to be a place for GAFers to play together and we know disagreements are bound to happen, but anyone intentionally holding grudges, starting arguments or causing trouble within the guild will be dealt with swiftly. The worst thing that can happen is one person ruining the atmosphere and attitude within the guild and hurting it in the long run. Our goal is just to have a friendly guild where people can log in and have a good time with fellow GAFers without having to face a lot of drama.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Let it be known. The first time Guild Wars 2 holds this league up, its being simmed. Consider this the warning

Sanjuro

Disabled the Virtual Memory in Windows and a few other things. Gained about 6-8GB from doing that. Should be good. Absolutely did not want to re-install Windows.

Rorschach

Last page sold me. GW is getting downloaded tonight!

I hope the Rors league isn't 14 people, he knows better than that

It's not. I set it at 14 last year because I couldn't delete two teams, but I'm only inviting 12. Same as last season.

sent you a pm cb since your email is hidden.

[edit] Season pass thing is such a mark of shame. SHAAAAAAME!

Sanjuro

Last page sold me. GW is getting downloaded tonight!!

There aren't too many deals remaining, figured I would give you the heads up after scouring before purchase. There are really two deals remaining.

I did the Amazon Digital Purchase. You can start playing on the 25th and get $5 Amazon credit. Combine that with my Madden I'll have $20 towards NHL.

If you don't mind waiting, there is a coupon code on Newegg. $48 w/three day shipping for the physical copy. That is the best deal at the moment.

Rorschach

There aren't too many deals remaining, figured I would give you the heads up after scouring before purchase. There are really two deals remaining.

I did the Amazon Digital Purchase. You can start playing on the 25th and get $5 Amazon credit. Combine that with my Madden I'll have $20 towards NHL.

If you don't mind waiting, there is a coupon code on Newegg. $48 w/three day shipping for the physical copy. That is the best deal at the moment.

Thanks, but I already purchased.

btw- GMG has it for 48 bucks too. :x Digital version so it's a better deal than new egg if you want to play day 1. I went with amazon too.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
If you do season ticket, can you play the game online?

if it's like last year, you can only against other season ticket versions. Like if someone has an early physical copy, you won't be able to play together. Unless I'm confused with another game from last year.

Sanjuro

Thanks, but I already purchased.

btw- GMG has it for 48 bucks too. :x Digital version so it's a better deal than new egg if you want to play day 1. I went with amazon too.

I checked them out. Never ordered from them prior, but it seemed like all the deals and promotional codes expired. Either way, I'm always happy with Amazong's service.

Fucking video games though. All summer there was nothing to play. I've been taking some classes and the moment they start back up every game worthwhile is slated to launch.

McNei1y

Sounds like quite a bit of us. Between Madden and GW2 my gaming time is almost full lol

Suddenly my most anticipated game of the year. I blame talking to Bob.

Damn, I want to play with my madden bros but I don't know how much time I'd put into it! It looks like a fun game and I'd probably make a necromancer/warlock/whatever name that class is but I can't decide to look into it or not!!

Somnia

Damn, I want to play with my madden bros but I don't know how much time I'd put into it! It looks like a fun game and I'd probably make a necromancer/warlock/whatever name that class is but I can't decide to look into it or not!!

You don't need to worry about putting a lot of time in. If you pvp you get temporary level 80 with all abilities so you can play with anyone and any of us could come back and play with you since it levels us down with you.

eznark

Banned
You don't need to worry about putting a lot of time in. If you pvp you get temporary level 80 with all abilities so you can play with anyone and any of us could come back and play with you since it levels us down with you.

That's awesome. I'm scrolling through that mass info dump on the gafguild site. It's like 100 pages. Good lord!

Holy shit. Just C&P'd into a .pdf for tablet reading. 104 pages, 26,737 words. Luke hasn't read that much in his entire life.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Barely know anything about gw2. Know its f2p, at least no monthly fee. Assume its a full retail game. Is it as instance heavy as the 1st game?

TheCrow

That's awesome. I'm scrolling through that mass info dump on the gafguild site. It's like 100 pages. Good lord!

Holy shit. Just C&P'd into a .pdf for tablet reading. 104 pages, 26,737 words. Luke hasn't read that much in his entire life.

Needs an audio book. Reading is for nerds.

LukeSmith

Nah, I have a worthless degree in English Language and Literature, I've read way too much. I like that you edited in a joke about me though, I am your new GARY WHITTA

eznark

Banned
Nah, I have a worthless degree in English Language and Literature, I've read way too much. I like that you edited in a joke about me though, I am your new GARY WHITTA

Actually just needed a throw away name for that generic line. The edited in part was more about the monstrous size of the GW2 doc.

That guy really loves this game.

LukeSmith

Someone give me the quick and dirty version of GW2.

Is there a meaningful PVE End Game?
Are there actual combat roles to play or is everything homogenized to prevent people from needing to cooperate?
Are there factions a la horde/alliance or are we all basically on the same side

Sokantish

Barely know anything about gw2. Know its f2p, at least no monthly fee. Assume its a full retail game. Is it as instance heavy as the 1st game?

Yeah I guess, but it's not like GW1 when you went into a zone and it was only you and your group there. It's everyone, except for when they go over the cap for the zone then you're put into a queue system that just works like how the channels for cities did in GW1. You can still quest and stuff and then it'll tell you when you can join the actual zone.

Luke:
I'm not sure on the PVE thing, but I'm pretty sure the focus is PVP. They did say there will be some PVE, but to be honest I haven't really paid attention to that stuff.
There's definitely roles for group PVP play and the harder quests, but you'd be fine leveling all by yourself to max level. Probably. I only got to level 13 in the beta and never had to group.
There aren't factions but the big PVP is set up as WvWvW which is your server versus two other servers. There's like 3 different big bases and you fight to try to get control over them all. The WvWvW maps are seriously huge and when I tried it I felt like I was walking for 10 minutes before I actually got to the battles

I would love Gw2 but the more I think about it, it will murder my hopes of trying to get a more normal sleep schedule of sleeping by midnight...I remember d3 at first was the kinda game where you look at the clock and think why the fuck is it 4 am already

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You guys are idolizing a false god. Ill wait for the one true king to return

7535940704_27e5398e4c.jpg

Top Bottom