• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Ramirez

They kicked me out of the club on that night yall made the mass invasion, apparently cause I wasn't doing anything to stop it LOL

babydino.gif

You're on your own CB, not wasting 60 bucks to play with sensy-GAF.

Ramirez

I'm not CB

And you are getting this right?

I feel so fortunate to posting on GAF. If people didn't alert me of a mishap from last night...I could be gone forever

CB is the one that recruited me, and I'm on the fence personally. Between 2 NCAA leagues, Madden, Borderlands 2, Darksiders 2, New D3 patch, & Guild Wars 2, I'm not sure I will be able to fit anything else in.

I think Phee posted a picture from his and Smokey's private collection last night by accident, was almost awkward.

CB is the one that recruited me, and I'm on the fence personally. Between 2 NCAA leagues, Madden, Borderlands 2, Darksiders 2, New D3 patch, & Guild Wars 2, I'm not sure I will be able to fit anything else in.

I think Phee posted a picture from his and Smokey's private collection last night by accident, was almost awkward.

yeah i'm not sure either. i'll play the demo and see how i likes it

LukeSmith

Bro, don't forget H4

Do it. It is something that will last you the year...borderlands 2 and darksiders 2 will not

besides this will be a better co op experience than anything else you listed. that includes borderlands and guild wars, and yes I am getting both as well

damnit fmt you can't bitch out too!

Smokey

HALO 4 son wtf

McNei1y

Only games I'm playing is Madden and wow with some NHL games in, BF3, and Dota/SC2.. all of this until Halo 4.

I'm going to be some 5'7 dude. Maybe I'll cheat and make him a couple inches taller.

if you guys plan on not getting nhl or plan on bowing out within four months let me know. otherwise it isnt worth it

That's November brah, I was just listing stuff through Sept.

I'm also not sold on the idea that I can ever get online at the same time as 4 other people for the fun part of the league...
you dont have to have 5. 3 people works fine cause the AI can fill in ok

like i said it will be the perfect game to do while waiting on advancements

McNei1y

I plan on getting NHL just because. I bought FIFA for the first time 3-4 years ago and it became one of my favorite games. I can see NHL being the exact same.

It would also be fun doing a team up in hockey since it seems like it takes more teamwork than any of the other games.

I plan on getting NHL just because. I bought FIFA for the first time 3-4 years ago and it became one of my favorite games. I can see NHL being the exact same.

It would also be fun doing a team up in hockey since it seems like it takes more teamwork than any of the other games.

I think they have a playoffs at the end of the month and if you win your team gets a banner in its arena or some shit

yeah the teamwork part is probably the most satisfying once we figure each other out and what we all like to do

McNei1y

I think they have a playoffs at the end of the month and if you win your team gets a banner in its arena or some shit

yeah the teamwork part is probably the most satisfying once we figure each other out and what we all like to do

Wait so we create our own arena? And Jerseys? and players? and other stuff?

I already knew the middle two but what else can we create?

Anyway, it would be fun to dominate in a sports game together rather than running into shooters with some players and winning.

Edit: by the looks of it we have;

Phee
Me
CB
Crow
Nightz

Anyway, it would be fun to dominate in a sports game together rather than running into shooters with some players and winning.

Phee
Me
CB
Crow
Nightz

We can design our jerseys (cant create a logo or anything), have a custom team name, and we can all have our own custom players. each perseon can also have a separate position/attribute build for each position in case people want switch between offense and defense and have a specific build for that position

i think with arena, it depends on the logo from the jersey you picked

i know there s more but i cant remember. we will need a color scheme for our jerseys though!

LukeSmith

That's November brah, I was just listing stuff through Sept.

I'm also not sold on the idea that I can ever get online at the same time as 4 other people for the fun part of the league...

I'll see you back in D3 once I return, we can play baby's first RPG together

McNei1y

Team full of midgets.

We can design our jerseys (cant create a logo or anything), have a custom team name, and we can all have our own custom players. each perseon can also have a separate position/attribute build for each position in case people want switch between offense and defense and have a specific build for that position

i think with arena, it depends on the logo from the jersey you picked

I hope we stick with the NWO idea. That'd be awesome.

Who wants to be a bash brother with me? We'll have to ignore the rules of the game and just deck people. On the off nights before curfew, we'll have to rock out to Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

I hope we stick with the NWO idea. That'd be awesome.

Who wants to be a bash brother with me? We'll have to ignore the rules of the game and just deck people. On the off nights before curfew, we'll have to rock out to Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

bash brothers back line defense? yes fucking please

although for the not so fun part, you wanna hit people, but like in madden, if you go fir a big hit and miss you will pay the price

BigAT

Phee
Me
CB
Crow
Nightz

Do teams usually have more than 5 players so you can rotate people? Seems like it might be hard to guarantee all 5 on the same time otherwise.

I'm still on the fence about picking up NHL. I will give the demo a shot later today.

eznark

Banned

Phee
Me
CB
Crow
Nightz

What the hell? When did I get kicked?

McNei1y

Do teams usually have more than 5 players so you can rotate people? Seems like it might be hard to guarantee all 5 on the same time otherwise.

I'm still on the fence about picking up NHL. I will give the demo a shot later today.

Someone said earlier, I believe CB, that only 5-6 people can go in together and that rotating isn't a problem. I can see at first it could be a problem if we had 7-8 people wanting to play but 2 have to sit out but then again it could be hard getting 5-6 people together anyway.

Also, I just played the demo... I suck. These controls are crazy. I don't want to switch to classic or NHL 94 because of the lack of moves compared to the default setting but god damn I can't do anything right. I only scored one goal in 4-5 games and the goal wasn't even legit.

What the hell? When did I get kicked?

You didn't get kicked. CB had a huge list many pages back (or last thread) full of people. That was just the list of people from this page. I don't know who else is playing.

most teams have at least 10 but only six can play at once

if half this league joins we can pretty much have a game every night. you dont have to have six or five and you can get matched against other temas with the same amount of human players

Someone said earlier, I believe CB, that only 5-6 people can go in together and that rotating isn't a problem. I can see at first it could be a problem if we had 7-8 people wanting to play but 2 have to sit out but then again it could be hard getting 5-6 people together anyway.

Also, I just played the demo... I suck. These controls are crazy. I don't want to switch to classic of NHL 94 because of the lack of moves that the default has but god damn I can't do anything right. I only scored one goal in 4-5 games and the goal wasn't even legit.

did you play a team game? i suck ass at that too. the game is much easier when you are controlling only one guy

i will have to get used to controls too but give it some practice and you'll have it. there are people who can use every move but you don't have to be too fancy to play well and have a good time

McNei1y

did you play a team game? i suck ass at that too. the game is much easier when you are controlling only one guy

Can you play a team game in the demo? I was just playing against the CPU.

I'm also up for a theme for our players names (like NWO players lol) but if not I'll just name it something random.

Yeah I wouldn't waste your time with the "play now" most of us will pretty much never touch that. Free skate is where you want to go.

It's gonna be fun watching people fight and get their asses whooped

the game looks better and feels a little slower (this is a good thing)
what you wanna try to figure out is just skating and knowing how to use a stick. they shafted us by forcing us to use a leftie in the demo but once you got those down, the rest will work itself out within the team game.

it's really satisfying to fake out the goalie with a deke and score

Mrbob

You got that backwards, friend! Guild Wars 2 is going to steal your Madden playing time.

Only a couple more days to go!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Also, I just played the demo... I suck. These controls are crazy. I don't want to switch to classic or NHL 94 because of the lack of moves compared to the default setting but god damn I can't do anything right. I only scored one goal in 4-5 games and the goal wasn't even legit.

they have a control scheme that's literally called NHL 94?

LiveWire

Yea I used to only use NHL94 controls but then I forced myself to learn using the right stick. So much better for precise passing and shot placement; you convert a lot more of your scoring chances against goalies.

Top Bottom