• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
draft is crazy

Peyton Manning retired after year one and immediately made the hall of fame. At first I thought it was lame, but it really gives people a chance to see their reitred players make the hall in the limited time they might have in an online franchise.

Rorschach

Thanks, ferny!

ibm3rb2KDM0y8N.gif
lol I hope this isn't like backbreaker where anyone touching anybody means they fall like rag dolls.

DCX

DCX
gg smokes. Foster is a beast. Hard to stop. Pleased with my user D. I made you fumble twice, forced two ints and yet i get trash canned lol

DCX

Smokey

gg smokes. Foster is a beast. Hard to stop. Pleased with my user D. I made you fumble twice, forced two ints and yet i get trash canned lol

DCX

yah gg i got u on a user int too. surprised ryan didnt leave the game in a coma

and is gafguild.com broken or something?

and btw this has now happened to me twice and it is FUCKING ANNOYING.

i hit man align, and my cb's do an EXAGGERATED motion into the neutral zone to get aligned. usually its not an issue, but if you do it close to when the other team is going to snap it, you're going to get an offsides call. i got this call when i played smokey and on a taint i had against nightz :(

p.s.

user D is a delight indeed

DMczaf

Give FMT an overrated team, and he goes into douche mode.

Up 10 with 50 secs left? Throw deep to Vernon! TD!

(11:33:13 PM) fmt: just trying to get practice plays in!

I'll remember that.

I'll remember that.

lol calm down! there was like 50 seconds left and it was a 19 yard TD. these are exhibition games, save the salt for league play!

Ramirez

I'll remember that.

Let him enjoy his exhibition wins, he has to get the glory some where.

Ramirez

LOL, oh FMT.

If by feasted on you mean 90% of your runs consisted of you running in a straight line towards the side line, waiting on me to attempt to tackle you because any normal person would cut it up field, then yes, they were feasted on. Please don't pull that stuff in a league game sir.

LOL, oh FMT.

If by feasted on you mean 90% of your runs consisted of you running in a straight line towards the side line, waiting on me to attempt to tackle you because any normal person would cut it up field, then yes, they were feasted on. Please don't pull that stuff in a league game sir.

wtf? you kept trying to hit stick me! i'd just wait for you to foolishly try the hit stick and be on my way. you need to be more disciplined on D. you did the samething that DCX and dm did which is basically try to hit stick every play instead of staying with the run and making the sure tackle

btw one feature i've come across is a potentially big one: you can shade your secondary to cheat inside or outside. kind of like you used to be able to do in the 2k series. this should be a good feature especially if someone is abusing you with inside passes to the slot WR or abusing you with outside patterns you can adjust

i also noticed a few more offensive player injuries in my few games. one of the steelers guys had a broken collarbone. i had bowman get hurt a couple times but he came back. i think someone got hurt in the bucs game and falcons game too

Rorschach

They stole my name while the servers were down somehow. :[ I got some randomized name.

btw one feature i've come across is a potentially big one: you can shade your secondary to cheat inside or outside. kind of like you used to be able to do in the 2k series. this should be a good feature especially if someone is abusing you with inside passes to the slot WR or abusing you with outside patterns you can adjust

That ability was in the old Madden games too...

They stole my name while the servers were down somehow. :[ I got some randomized name.

That ability was in the old Madden games too...

was it? dammit i never used it. well one feature that WASNT in past madden games is one from ncaa: you can play the run (left right or middle) or the pass

man coming from NCAA this game feels WAY too fast. I tried turning down the gamespeed and that helped a little but dang it feels so different :S spending too much time with one will make me suck at the other sadly :(

Mrbob

wtf? you kept trying to hit stick me! i'd just wait for you to foolishly try the hit stick and be on my way. you need to be more disciplined on D. you did the samething that DCX and dm did which is basically try to hit stick every play instead of staying with the run and making the sure tackle

So I guess it isn't a NCAA problem. Ramirez having issues with stick skills.

DCX

DCX

To my defense, DM and Ram are infinitely better at pursuing and hit sticking so if they failed then maybe its just a change of feel on the field. I had a tough time judging distance from sideline to sideline and where in 12 running would end up out of bounds or the defender would suction into a tackle, 13 it doesn't.

Lesson? Run till you hit someone and make sure the whistle blow lol

DCX

To my defense, DM and Ram are infinitely better at pursuing and hit sticking so if they failed then maybe its just a change of feel on the field. I had a tough time judging distance from sideline to sideline and where in 12 running would end up out of bounds or the defender would suction into a tackle, 13 it doesn't.

Lesson? Run till you hit someone and make sure the whistle blow lol

DCX

i wasn't talking shit on you, i learned this lesson in NCAA because i was doing the samething. you can't just expect to go around hitsticking people all game and not have consequences. i wish i saved some of the plays because on any big run i have you'd see ramirez right there, and then shortly thereafter right on the ground because he tried nothing but hit sticks.

then he says "when anyone else would cut up field". cut up field where? directly into the tackler? lulz. there were plenty of times where i cut back or went straight ahead into a vacated area, but if a play is off tackle, a toss or anything to the outside all you have to do is string it out and make a solid tackle

not even sure why i'm giving tips on how to play. hit stick away motherfuckers i just dont give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

LukeSmith

i wasn't talking shit on you, i learned this lesson in NCAA because i was doing the samething. you can't just expect to go around hitsticking people all game and not have consequences. i wish i saved some of the plays because on any big run i have you'd see ramirez right there, and then shortly thereafter right on the ground because he tried nothing but hit sticks.

then he says "when anyone else would cut up field". cut up field where? directly into the tackler? lulz. there were plenty of times where i cut back or went straight ahead into a vacated area, but if a play is off tackle, a toss or anything to the outside all you have to do is string it out and make a solid tackle

not even sure why i'm giving tips on how to play. hit stick away motherfuckers i just dont give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Ramirez is the same guy who couldn't stop 3 wide HB Dive because he over pursues the hole and leaves the backside cut wide open. Don't care what he says.

Peyton Manning qb sneak for liiiiiiiiifee

Top Bottom