• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Rorschach

Why don't they let you just move around in this game? These are almost like tank controls. It's so stiff. Freecam doesn't even help. It's something I took for granted before this game. Terrible.

DCX

DCX
i wasn't talking shit on you, i learned this lesson in NCAA because i was doing the samething. you can't just expect to go around hitsticking people all game and not have consequences. i wish i saved some of the plays because on any big run i have you'd see ramirez right there, and then shortly thereafter right on the ground because he tried nothing but hit sticks.

then he says "when anyone else would cut up field". cut up field where? directly into the tackler? lulz. there were plenty of times where i cut back or went straight ahead into a vacated area, but if a play is off tackle, a toss or anything to the outside all you have to do is string it out and make a solid tackle

not even sure why i'm giving tips on how to play. hit stick away motherfuckers i just dont give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I wasn't saying you was trashing me. These games are meant for testing things and getting a feel for the game. What works still, what doesn't work any more. Hit sticking has to be straight on. Works best when a ball carrier is being stood up as a finishing blow. Wrapping up seems to be the way to go, as it should be.

DCX

Rorschach

How did the launch go?

Seemed fine to me, but I wasn't trying WvW or anything like that. I had initial problems with the registration (which lead to my name being stolen and me randomizing some new name), but other than that, it was pretty smooth.

Rorschach

Not sure what you mean. If anything the movement has always felt floaty to me.

Run. Now try to make a left turn while running.
Run. Now try to run in the opposite direction.

It's almost like turning in a RE game, but not as extreme. Maybe if I switch the strafe buttons around... hrm. I'll try that.

Ferny

It's almost like turning in a RE game, but not as extreme. Maybe if I switch the strafe buttons around... hrm. I'll try that.

Honesty I use the mouse for most of my turning movement so that's never bugged me. I can see what you mean though.

If anyone wants to group up later on let me now. I seem to have some issues getting info from the server so I sent a ticket to see if it gets fixed.

Mrbob

Hold down the right mouse button and turn the mouse to move quickly in different directions.

Nightz

Re-bind your strafe keys to A and D, then use your right mouse button to turn.

Splat

What sucks is Andrew Hawkins is rated terrible in M13 despite being the starting slot WR that was good enough to knock Shipley off the roster :( He's like a 65! He got cut by the CCM GM!

Rorschach

When will the play-in tournament happen, and how exactly does it work? Best two out of three?
You have to play the three best players in the league. If you win all three games by more than two scores, you're in!

I don't think there's a play-in tournament. Just people playing for their teams. If you lose, you still get a team... just not yours. I THINK!

Yeah I can set them when I get home. FMT, do you know what settings we'll be using yet? I'd like to set the community settings as close to our league settings as possible.

idk yet. we'll see how everyone likes all pro vs. all madden

as for the "play in", there is no play in game for you cola. there are 1-2 spots left and we will have some type of play in for that but you don't need to worry bout that!

as for the process if you "lose" the team you're playing for, we're going to draw names and assign teams

Colasante

idk yet. we'll see how everyone likes all pro vs. all madden

as for the "play in", there is no play in game for you cola. there are 1-2 spots left and we will have some type of play in for that but you don't need to worry bout that!

as for the process if you "lose" the team you're playing for, we're going to draw names and assign teams

So for Sanjuro and I, we'll both be playing as the Patriots against one another, and it'll be best of three?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yeah I can set them when I get home. FMT, do you know what settings we'll be using yet? I'd like to set the community settings as close to our league settings as possible.

in the league everyone can have it set their own way as far as strafe, sprint, and hot route controls.

FMT just took my lunch and ate it in front of me. Good game man, have to get used Mr. Luck and his "offensive line". You blew the doors off the wall in the second half. Will be looking for a rematch soon, but for now..... work. Eww.

Top Bottom