• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

daw840

When do you guys think the list of people in for sure is going to be finalized? I would rather not spend $60 on this game if I'm not going to play in a GAF league.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We dont know who gets the last spot. That's the holdup on the falcons issue. We will figure it out by tonight.

I'm willing to be put back on the waiting list should I lose a best of 3 for the dirty birds.

Where did I deny you playing for the falcons?

Hmmm

That was more to point out the discussing with cb and luke which apparently hasn't happened yet. Besides I was just answering levious' question anyway, not trying to stir shit up.

Loser of the Falcons should be banned from competition for all eternity.

You're better than DCX, right?

He beat me the one time we played. That's the only time I've played him that I can recall. I might have played him once the first season I played, I can't remember right now.

If the demo was any indication, Trasher is gonna fucking dumpster me in a 2-0 sweep. Maybe it'll feel better on the Xbox instead of the PS3 garbage I was using. I'm going to grab my copy in a few, so maybe practicing pressing B while Calvin runs streaks will help my confidence

LukeSmith

Here's my proposal:

Storybook vs. DCX for the Falcons
Winner gets the Falcons and spot 31.

If Storybook wins, DCX gets spot 32 and goes into the Allocation pool for a leftover team.

If DCX wins, Storybook and other Madden league former stars have a play-in tournament for spot 32.

I think we let the tournament only include players who have played in the league before. (I think there's already a list). And everyone else is just on the waiting list for this year.

1. lonestar
2. albatross
3. Storybook

4. rinse22
5. dark faze
6. azwethinkweiz
7. eekthecat
8. daw
9. ramocalypse
10. mastershake

Also, this all has to be done before the rosters come out for us to start the league.

LukeSmith

Yeah, guess I'm out. I don't mean to offend the Great and Powerful Luke Smith with my Regain Composure (and Controller batteries) Pauses!

Combination of Time, 100% chance of frustration, and that being an OG gets me nowhere (day of launch and it's still up in the air if I got a spot)

My pithy joke not withstanding, you do remember how many complaints people had about your unique brand of Madden in M10, right? HB Direct Snaps (which they eventually patched and you stopped using), Tribrow, Fourth down issues.

Don't get all butthurt, friendo

CB3

I have to say, you have a unique way of getting frustrated and having issues stem from that. Being questionable cheese to quitting early to not trying ect... if not for those things that have added up through the years you would probably be a shoe in. In every other way you are what I would want the other guys to be. You get your games in quick and you are one of the more active people in the threads. Also you provide race wreck pictures with my name over them which never gets old.

I told all of you the cuts would be deep this year. None of you wanted to believe me

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My pithy joke not withstanding, you do remember how many complaints people had about your unique brand of Madden in M10, right? HB Direct Snaps (which they eventually patched and you stopped using), Tribrow, Fourth down issues.

Don't get all butthurt, friendo

Well, most of the complaints were after the league was done that year, Direct Snap wasn't banned when I was doing it, 4th down complaints follow almost everyone (Past, Present, and Future!), and don't dare besmirch Tribrow. Tribrow was the best, The Beast, and so much >>> than Tebow.

Unless this is all from Sanjuro, and well, that guy's a bit of a... :p

I have to say, you have a unique way of getting frustrated and having issues stem from that. Being questionable cheese to quitting early to not trying ect... if not for those things that have added up through the years you would probably be a shoe in. In every other way you are what I would want the other guys to be. You get your games in quick and you are one of the more active people in the threads. Also you provide race wreck pictures with my name over them which never gets old.

I told all of you the cuts would be deep this year. None of you wanted to believe me

There's not trying, then there's Livewire Not Trying.

I haven't quit early in years! Now, I have EA servers do it for me....

I'm willing to be put back on the waiting list should I lose a best of 3 for the dirty birds.

That was more to point out the discussing with cb and luke which apparently hasn't happened yet. Besides I was just answering levious' question anyway, not trying to stir shit up.

We will know tonight. I want to remind you of the 3 day advancements! I remember last year you didnt like being pressured into playing and said you have a life etc etc etc

It's only going to be worse this year!

daw840

Here's my proposal:

Storybook vs. DCX for the Falcons
Winner gets the Falcons and spot 31.

If Storybook wins, DCX gets spot 32 and goes into the Allocation pool for a leftover team.

If DCX wins, Storybook and other Madden league former stars have a play-in tournament for spot 32.

I think we let the tournament only include players who have played in the league before. (I think there's already a list). And everyone else is just on the waiting list for this year.

1. lonestar
2. albatross
3. Storybook

4. rinse22
5. dark faze
6. azwethinkweiz
7. eekthecat
8. daw
9. ramocalypse
10. mastershake

Also, this all has to be done before the rosters come out for us to start the league.

Sounds fair, my only complaint is that it's basically a $60 gamble to even get in the league. I'll do it, but some might have a bit of a problem in that area.

CB3

Let me put this out here before we get any further. I'll go off of fmt's post

Storybook. You have a reputation. You have a life! You know how we advance. If you truthfully feel as if you can get your games in every week and not be the last one a majority of the time, I'd probably give you a heads up on that last spot. Maybe in the way Luke proposed. If not, now would be the time to think about it, and if you have the time to play in this league AND the NCAA league. Judging the little I follow that thread, there seems to have been some of the same issues.

LukeSmith

Sounds fair, my only complaint is that it's basically a $60 gamble to even get in the league. I'll do it, but some might have a bit of a problem in that area.

Yeah I hate the idea of people buying the game and not getting into the league, too.

Play in tourney could be in the Demo, I guess?

LukeSmith

In my head here's the order of operations:

1. Play-in games
2. Leftover team random assignment for 8 play-in losers.
3. 32nd Team play in tournament for whatever team is leftover after Random Assignment

Sokantish

Remaining Teams:
  • Ravens
  • Browns
  • Titans
  • Jags
  • Chiefs
  • Saints
  • Rams
  • Vikings

Remaining Team Allocations:
Random assignment via TBD tool.
Each user will just be randomly assigned a team, no draft, no lottery, nothing.
We'll find a random program type thing on the internet to use or I will put Names in a Hat and draw them out of it and send a video of it to FMT so that there's nothing shaaaaaady.
When teams are selected from a hat, the highest rated teams will be drawn for first when the most people have a chance at getting them. I imagine that order is something like:

• Saints
  • Ravens
  • Titans
  • Chiefs
  • Jags
  • Vikings
  • Browns
  • Rams

Wait, now that I've used the Cardinals a few times can I trade for the Vikings or is my Cardinals choice final now? I'm fine with Arizona because Fitz seems pretty cheap so whatever is okay

daw840

In my head here's the order of operations:

1. Play-in games
2. Leftover team random assignment for 8 play-in losers.
3. 32nd Team play in tournament for whatever team is leftover after Random Assignment

#3 might be better suited to just be completely random?

Just an idea

I'll probably buy the game just to play online with randoms and you guys in pick up games if I don't get in. That way when someone inevitably quits I won't be behind the curve. :)

Let me put this out here before we get any further. I'll go off of fmt's post

Storybook. You have a reputation. You have a life! You know how we advance. If you truthfully feel as if you can get your games in every week and not be the last one a majority of the time, I'd probably give you a heads up on that last spot. Maybe in the way Luke proposed. If not, now would be the time to think about it and if you have the time to play in this league AND the NCAA league.

Yes, this has been an issue in the past but I've getting my games in at a much better pace this year.

I had a lot of stuff going on last year above and beyond the "normal" routine of my life. If you or any one else that needs to know want more specifics of what that entailed, you may PM me. I don't feel like liveblogging my life on a message board.

eznark

Banned
#3 might be better suited to just be completely random?

Just an idea

I'll probably buy the game just to play online with randoms and you guys in pick up games if I don't get in. That way when someone inevitably quits I won't be behind the curve. :)

There is also the "community" feature. It seemed like last year for the first couple of months it was always easy to find a game against a madden gaffer.

Yes, this has been an issue in the past but I've getting my games in at a much better pace this year.

I had a lot of stuff going on last year above and beyond the "normal" routine of my life. If you or any one else that needs to know want more specifics of what that entailed, you may PM me. I don't feel like liveblogging my life on a message board.

No, I believe you. Just dont want it to be a surprise when the mob is calling for a sim on day 3!

CB3

We don't need real life evidence. Just answer this. Do you feel like you can get your game in on the first two days of a three day advance on a regular basis?

We don't need real life evidence. Just answer this. Do you feel like you can get your game in on the first two days of a three day advance on a regular basis?

Yes.

Just know this in advance, if the Falcons are at home, I will not be available on that day since I'll be in Atlanta.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If I lost and got the Chiefs/Saints/Ravens/Vikings, I don't think I'd be all that mad. The best would be joining brothers Smokey and Luke with the Tits. I can't pass but I can sure as shit run, and with CJ1K.

Also, I nominate FMT to do the random assignments, I trust him more than I trust Luke!

Sokantish

Well Bob did beat me both times we played in NCAA. But he won the title, so that's almost like I lost to the champ so it's okay then. I think that means I'm AT LEAST second best

If I lost and got the Chiefs/Saints/Ravens/Vikings, I don't think I'd be all that mad. The best would be joining brothers Smokey and Luke with the Tits. I can't pass but I can sure as shit run, and with CJ1K.

Also, I nominate FMT to do the random assignments, I trust him more than I trust Luke!

I will do it as long as I win the niners. If I don't then I'm a biased party and cannot :(

Top Bottom