• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Double D

Where's the best place to buy this? It never fails that I go buy this somewhere and find out I could have gotten it for way cheaper somewhere else. Thanks in advance.

BigAT

Where's the best place to buy this? It never fails that I go buy this somewhere and find out I could have gotten it for way cheaper somewhere else. Thanks in advance.

Looks like Amazon still has a $15 credit if you don't mind having it shipped. I don't know if any retail places are having a sale since I just use Amazon every year.

There's less warping to INTs this year, but it's still about the same as last year overall. You do get instances where hitting Y/LB does nothing, which has carried over from NCAA. -_-

It does nothing because your player cant see the ball. If you can't see it you can't make a play on it!

It does nothing because your player cant see the ball. If you can't see it you can't make a play on it!

I still think even if the player's back is to the ball and if I'm controlling him manually, he should be able to catch or at least flail his arms around

This will let more passes happen between the linebacker and safety though...which could be good or bad. We'll see!

Sanjuro

B&M? Toys R Us or Target. Both of them you get a $10 gift card + doritos at target.

And a tackle assist button

Using hit stick all the time and getting auto fumbles can mess with your game mechanics!

Lol is he still doing this? He bawled his eyes out after I destroyed him on the ground because he would only use hit stick to tackle and not pursue the play and make a regular sure tackle. He's like the madden version of merriweather

well for tit's sake, my game made a delivery attempt yesterday and they didn't leave a notice! those fucks!

it's in my hands now but I can't play till late as fuck

McNei1y

Sorry this is a off topic but is there a franchise mode? Apparently there's just the stupid coaches mode now?

No there's a franchise mode. It's called "Coach Mode" since you're basically the coach doing all of the roster moves and scouting and whatever other normal franchise features have been in the game. You're still playing as your team.

No there's a franchise mode. It's called "Coach Mode" since you're basically the coach doing all of the roster moves and scouting and whatever other normal franchise features have been in the game. You're still playing as your team.

Do you have to do other stuff? Maybe I was looking at the wrong screen but I saw something about setting ticket prices and stuff too?

Pretty sure anything you don't want to do can be simmed

Sweet, that I'm ok with. And I had one more question if someone can help, what's up with the kick meter? If I try to angle it, I've had a whiff of a kick by going straight up and going to the angle I want to kick. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help guys.

LukeSmith

Madden 2013 Play-In Games:

FMT previously said teams could decide if it was Bo3 or Bo1, I don't like that.

All play-in series will be Best of 3.
Too much random crap can happen in one game, if you want your team, you will beat the other dude who wants them 2 out of 3 games. Believe in yourself.

Unless I can be otherwise convinced, the play-in games will be using the following format:

• Users use the same teams
  • BEST OF 3 Series
  • Same gameplay rules as the regular Franchise
  • Quarter Length: TBD
  • Difficulty: TBD

• Redskins - mcneily vs. livewire
  • Cowboys - levious vs. somnia
  • Giants - bigat vs. wellington
  • Lions - goldlion Vs. Trasher
  • 49ers - fmt vs. birdman
  • Dolphins - Pheenix vs Drizzler
  • Pats - Colasante vs. Sanjuro

Remaining Teams:
  • Ravens
  • Browns
  • Titans
  • Jags
  • Chiefs
  • Saints
  • Rams
  • Vikings

Remaining Team Allocations:
Random assignment via TBD tool.
Each user will just be randomly assigned a team, no draft, no lottery, nothing.
We'll find a random program type thing on the internet to use or I will put Names in a Hat and draw them out of it and send a video of it to FMT so that there's nothing shaaaaaady.
When teams are selected from a hat, the highest rated teams will be drawn for first when the most people have a chance at getting them. I imagine that order is something like:

• Saints
  • Ravens
  • Titans
  • Chiefs
  • Jags
  • Vikings
  • Browns
  • Rams

McNei1y

Ah I see why I don't want to play random quick matches... fucking cheese all over the place. Someone nano blitzed me every play.

i know there is a list but i have a friend who registered for gaf, he WANTS the jaguars. he is available often but i know there is a list. just throwing it out there

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

I think there's something additional in the options "coach mode" on or off. That might be why he's getting the option to set ticket prices.

McNei1y

Huh... so the Redskins finally make the decision to release Cooley.

Also, this secondary pass coverage is getting on my nerves. Why won't my players look at the ball and swat/attempt a catch when I'm controlling them. I keep giving up 40-50 yard passes.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
that's the importance of auto-strafe off

story,

why didn't you want to play for the falcons?

Ænima

I would like to throw in my name for any potential teams still remaining. This is the first time I was played madden in a few years.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, guess I'm out. I don't mean to offend the Great and Powerful Luke Smith with my Regain Composure (and Controller batteries) Pauses!

Combination of Time, 100% chance of frustration, and that being an OG gets me nowhere (day of launch and it's still up in the air if I got a spot)

Yeah, guess I'm out. I don't mean to offend the Great and Powerful Luke Smith with my Regain Composure (and Controller batteries) Pauses!

Combination of Time, 100% chance of frustration, and that being an OG gets me nowhere (day of launch and it's still up in the air if I got a spot)

There are lots of OG on the wait list

McNei1y

Use strafe

Yea that's just like last year, right? I mean it's still LT?

It seems like when I do that, my defenders will fail to jump. Whatever, luckily I'm playing quick matches instead of doing all of this in the league.

Oh and random question: how many connected careers can we be in?

Top Bottom