• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Rorschach

If you bow out of everything we ever wanted out of online franchise, I don't know what to say

Doesn't matter when the gameplay isn't there. It's like NCAA having a complete package outside of the actual gameplay on the field. You'll just be playing for the off-the-field minigames.

[edit] Better now than mid season and having to pull a douchebag move.

Yep. I might bow out of this motha. I can see this being super frustrating. I almost won and I don't feel like any of it was earned on either side.

PS: is auto strafe on or not?

well play some more games before you bow out at least! there are times where Y does nothing but i would say the majority of the time it works. i'm not sure what dictates that it works on doesn't. i have a play against CB where i was def squared up and pressed Y in zone and nothing happened. i dont think i could've gotten to the ball based on how far i was but i wanted to see some effort from my guy!

but for the most part its worked fine for me. i have a user pick against cb where it worked and have had many others

DMczaf

Doesn't matter when the gameplay isn't there. It's like NCAA having a complete package outside of the actual gameplay on the field. You'll just be playing for the off-the-field minigames.

Wat? I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in that game, other than my TAINT getting called back!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You are expecting perfection on a new engine. Thats not happening. This was how it was in the demo. Less than ideal but more than half the fun is this thread and the franchise o'ptions

DCX

DCX
I know how the Packers felt now.....4th and 19....fuck me.
Lol I still haven't scored a TD. The odds are in your favor although I did hold you accountable in coverage finally. Not being able to score a touchdown is messing with my head.

Rubber match should be one of two things. Another defensive battle or a blow out from one of us.

DCX

Lol I still haven't scored a TD. The odds are in your favor although I did hold you accountable in coverage finally. Not being able to score a touchdown is messing with my head.

Rubber match should be one of two things. Another defensive battle or a blow out from one of us.

DCX

....or something that hasn't occurred yet, a shootout. I couldn't get the run setup this last game which hurt my passing game overall. That and throwing it just out of bounds on a couple of deep balls.

Rorschach

Wat? I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in that game, other than my TAINT getting called back!

I'm not talking about extreme shit. I'm talking about coverage being completely useless. You called the exact right play a couple times and I threw it anyway... and got TDs.

You guys complained about zone coverage, but all coverage is busted. And on that long completion to Jackson, I was mashing Y and it didn't even try to jump. Didn't even give me the alligator arm animation. And that's how it was all game.

[edit] Also, lobs make defenders act like retards. You know how in old maddens, the CBs would break on the ball, but the WRs would refuse to? It's the opposite now.

I'm not talking about extreme shit. I'm talking about coverage being completely useless. You called the exact right play a couple times and I threw it anyway... and got TDs.

You guys complained about zone coverage, but all coverage is busted. And on that long completion to Jackson, I was mashing Y and it didn't even try to jump. Didn't even give me the alligator arm animation. And that's how it was all game.

you guys must have had 500 yards passing each!

Rorschach

You are expecting perfection on a new engine. Thats not happening. This was how it was in the demo.

I don't expect perfection. We've never had that... nowhere near that. We always had this thing where one thing is fixed and another thing is broken.
Less than ideal but more than half the fun is this thread and the franchise o'ptions
Ok, I'll play in the league, but you can sim my games!

Ramirez

GG Levious, on that last pass to Whitten that setup the FG, I'm sitting right there in front of him mashing Y, nothing happens, lol.

That's going to become super frustrating, I never really noticed in NCAA because the momentum was so screwed you were rarely in a position for a pick anyways. :p

Also, I cannot for the life of me get any type of run game going, I don't think I've had over 60 yards yet and I've played over 10 games...I kind of just try to hit the hole, run into a a pile of OL/DL and fall over, hah.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
GG Levious, on that last pass to Whitten that setup the FG, I'm sitting right there in front of him mashing Y, nothing happens, lol.

That's going to become super frustrating, I never really noticed in NCAA because the momentum was so screwed you were rarely in a position for a pick anyways. :p

yeah, I tried throwing over you a few times but you should have been able to swat at least from there. Is strafe still not on in community?

good game though.

bluemax

Banned
I need to work on not throwing picks off play action. Blergh.

GG Luke Smith. At one point I was 12/15 with all 3 incompletions being picks.

Nightz

Were you guys aware that the Y button doesn't work the same as it did last year? It's been replaced with the ballhawk feature.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
there's two areas to change that setting, my madden, and the gridiron menu. Maybe that's why some of us have had issues.

McNei1y

Mcnulty you damn griefer

this is horseshit. I'm restarting my internet. There's no way its this bad. I didn't have any trouble last night at all... or forever for that matter since I've been here.

What shit. 24-24 game too.

Restarting my internet for a couple of minutes. I'll be back in 5 mins if anyone wants to play.

Sanjuro

BHXHT.jpg

McNei1y

I can't wait until the league starts so I can use my XP points to upgrade my shit line.

Alright, I'm on. Let's try this again shall we!

CB3

After a few games, I really like this year. It has issues but the good stuff is soooo good

At one point I was 12/15 with all 3 incompletions being picks.

Thats pretty much me in every game right now. I dont mind a majority of them, as they are me throwing bad passes, but they sure dont drop them. This irks me a little more than it should as my guys drop quite a few passes right at them, while the CPU AI secondary makes highlight reel breaks, dives, and leaps to pick mine off. Just need to get better.

Also, the hit Y while controlling a DB and watching as they do nothing has been a Madden staple pretty much this whole gen, only have had it happen to me once though, and that was in the demo.

Another complaint is I wish the RB's when they got near their OL would stick a hand out and navigate around them as opposed to brushing by them and then sitting down.

All in all though, best Madden this gen IMO. Having a great time with it, lots of good stuff here!

McNei1y

After a few games, I really like this year. It has issues but the good stuff is soooo good

Agreed. I need to work on defense a bit more. If I choose one wrong play, I get burned. If I try and play as my CB, I get burned.

Edit: Game anyone? I want to play one more before I call it a night/watch Strike Back.

CB3

Yeah I noticed its way easier to fuck yourself on any given play on D. LBer is really hard to play this year. And if you try to hit stick someone you better be sure its gonna hit

Top Bottom