• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Hmmm, never been a huge Madden guy, haven't really played since 06, made some throws with my Eagles yesterday on some zone beaters...playing on all pro I thought a sure pick was coming, pleasantly surprised that the CB actually didn't turn around and jump for it...new physics are a god send.

Now to choose between my hometown Skins or my fav Eagles for my go to team in this game...got a mobile QB either way!

Birdman02

I know I'm probably gonna get some shit for this, but I think I'm actually gonna just run with the Saints. It just feels weird playing with the 49ers. I'm struggling to put up 14 pts a game with Alex Smith, and I see FMT just destroying the community. The Saints are my Madden team, and I'm ok with that.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
boooooo, that's almost as bad as bob trying to keep the ravens last year.

When Stafford gets hurt after taking hits when kneels the ball, I'm going to rage. It is pretty amusing to watch defenses crush the qb on kneel down plays, though.

I know I'm probably gonna get some shit for this, but I think I'm actually gonna just run with the Saints. It just feels weird playing with the 49ers. I'm struggling to put up 14 pts a game with Alex Smith, and I see FMT just destroying the community. The Saints are my Madden team, and I'm ok with that.

Welcome to my nightmare madden gaf.... I think you're gonna LIKE IT!!!

I'm not saying it would've been much better but I was stuck in Zoomed camera when I played Eznark so I couldn't see shit as far as my defense goes.

Birdman02

boooooo, that's almost as bad as bob trying to keep the ravens last year.

The difference is that I've never had the 49ers in the franchise. I've been running the Saints since Madden 09 or 10...so like 6-8 seasons at the very least (probably more like 10-12).

DCX

DCX
I'm not saying it would've been much better but I was stuck in Zoomed camera when I played Eznark so I couldn't see shit as far as my defense goes.
I can see that making a difference. Falcons D isn't all that bad. We played a pretty good defensive game last night.

If not for some Matty Ice magic late I would have lost the Falcons last night. Its for not as I will lose them tonight. :(

@ Birdman yea I can understand that because when I was the Browns year in and year out I just started practicing with them. It was odd using the Falcons. Plus you rather know you are getting the Saints rather than getting thrown in a pool for a crappy team.

DCX

I can see that making a difference. Falcons D isn't all that bad. We played a pretty good defensive game last night.

If not for some Matty Ice magic late I would have lost the Falcons last night. Its for not as I will lose them tonight. :(

@ Birdman yea I can understand that because when I was the Browns year in and year out I just started practicing with them. It was odd using the Falcons. Plus you rather know you are getting the Saints rather than getting thrown in a pool for a crappy team.

DCX

Depends on which Matty Ice shows up for me tonight, the one from the first game who connects or the one from the second game who leads the receiver just out of bounds.

That throw I made to Tony G in the endzone was pretty damn sweet though. I honestly don't think that was possible in other versions of Madden.

That 4th and 19 play was like slow motion to me though. I saw it coming but Decoud was too far off to get there in time. :\

levious

I feel like man coverage on the outside is terrible for anything other than quick outs and slants.

Are you guys "man aligning" before the snap? You can say the niners D is too powerful but my cbs aren't elite. 91/82/74 and I haven't been beat deep very often. Cb got some yards when Vick broke contain but other than that there wasn't much open

levious

I'll try that. I feel like my corners went stupid on deep comebacks when in man coverage.

BigAT

Are you guys "man aligning" before the snap? You can say the niners D is too powerful but my cbs aren't elite. 91/82/74 and I haven't been beat deep very often. Cb got some yards when Vick broke contain but other than that there wasn't much open

Is there even man align anymore? I think it's listed as "base align" now and it doesn't seem to do quite the same thing.

Is there even man align anymore? I think it's listed as "base align" now and it doesn't seem to do quite the same thing.

Y + right stick right I believe. And I use it every play, even on zone because it will move your guys directly in front of their assignments.

I noticed sometimes I have to wait for just a moment after the huddle breaks and your guys are getting into position

A Skins and an Eagles fan? Da fuck? How is that possible!

Lots of family in Philly, took to the Eagles early. Never had any rage against the Skins because they were terrible since as long as I've been alive. Kind of partial to the skins because I live close to DC and am a Wiz/Nats fan, and I love RGIII.

minx

Is there anyway to turn off the scoreboard in this game? Kind of want to get it but can't have that EA Sports logo burn in my plasma.

BigAT

Play FMT, there's nothing wrong with Dline aggression. His guys were all over me all game

I think there's something to be said for EA's OVR rating overrating certain stats (AWR especially) and undervaluing others.

Let's look at block shedding for the Niners and Giants. The Giants top 3 defensive linemen (rated 98, 93 and 90 OVR at LE) have block shedding ratings of 83, 80 and 69. Mediocre to bad.

The Niners 3 starting defensive linemen have block shedding ratings 96, 95 and 87. All significantly better than the undervalued Giants, it's not very hard to see why they are able to get pressure even with merely a 3-man rush.

BigAT

Actually it might be Y + right on d pad

Yeah, that is renamed to "base align". I don't know if the functionality has changed or not from last year, but base align is a much more accurate term for what it seems to do than man align. It lines up your defenders in their base positions, with zero regard for the how the offense is setup.

For example, if you run the base align audible in man defense against a tight WR formation, your CBs will actually run away from their assignments.

Yeah, that is renamed to "base align". I don't know if the functionality has changed or not from last year, but base align is a much more accurate term for what it seems to do than man align. It lines up your defenders in their base positions, with zero regard for the how the offense is setup.

For example, if you run the base align audible in man defense against a tight WR formation, your CBs will actually run away from their assignments.

I haven't had that experience. In twins, it will move my cb over to the inside receiver. In 3 wide it will move my safety over to the side of the TE if that's his assignment.

I have noticed times in man where my guys come out and are much further to the side of the wr, then I align and they get into position. Almost seems like you are trying to trick the offense into thinking its a zone by being as far to the side as they are

It's so you can make it look like zone coverage when it isn't. Obviously, you shouldn't do that if the formation is trips to one side.

Splat

Last night I couldn't do dick against Luke's 5 empty set attack. Geno Atkins despite being amazingly rated can't get off any blocks at all, and if he manages to the better blocking AI picks him up w/ a spare OL or the HB. Seems different than at E3 for sure. DLine play really underwhelming right now and I need to learn to play back 7 :(

I appreciated the passing game though Luke, gave me a chance to run through basically all my plays and realize none of them work :-/ Also your friends list is full.

LJ11

Last night I couldn't do dick against Luke's 5 empty set attack. Geno Atkins despite being amazingly rated can't get off any blocks at all, and if he manages to the better blocking AI picks him up w/ a spare OL or the HB. Seems different than at E3 for sure. DLine play really underwhelming right now and I need to learn to play back 7 :(

I appreciated the passing game though Luke, gave me a chance to run through basically all my plays and realize none of them work :-/ Also your friends list is full.

had trouble playing dt too the few times i tried, but Mario Williams was just shrugging off blocks like nothing. there's some momentum shit that kind of slowed him down, but i think it was my fault rather than the games.

it's early, but right now i think finesse rushers will have an easier time because power moves are useless once again.

im glad a skipped last year, i have less to complain about this year.

LukeSmith

Couple of things (on mobile):

1. Move down to all pro see how it feels
2. I'll delete someone Splat, was a gg - how did that empty set show up pre-snap?
3. No one cares about what FMT thinks, it's like asking the rich how taxes should work

Couple of things (on mobile):

1. Move down to all pro see how it feels
2. I'll delete someone Splat, was a gg - how did that empty set show up pre-snap?
3. No one cares about what FMT thinks, it's like asking the rich how taxes should work

I'm not the only person with an elite team! And it doesn't feel so good to have a mediocre team does it! I won superbowls with Tim rattay and Alex smith biiiiiiitch!

If you guys don't like lack of pass rush I don't think you'll like all pro

Rorschach

Carson had 300 yrds and 2 TDs. I don't think difficulty is the issue. It's already too easy. If the DBs act this retarded in All-Madden, what will they do in All-Pro?

I'm willing to try it, though.

Anyone around for a lunch time game? :p

Carson had 300 yrds and 2 TDs. I don't think difficulty is the issue. It's already too easy. If the DBs act this retarded in All-Madden, what will they do in All-Pro?

I'll ask again, have you played a real defense yet? Bucs are trash

eznark

Banned

That's kind of what I'm wondering, what problem does it solve?

Rorschach

I'll ask again, have you played a real defense yet? Bucs are trash

The Chargers have an overrated D. Jammer has spidey senses at times, but that's about it. Do high rated corners have that all the time?

btw- I like how they fixed the zone on paper (the zones aren't 5 miles up on the play art anymore), but the holes are way bigger this year... Man defense gets shredded all day, so you have to play zone and hope that your pressure gets there super fast.

Top Bottom