• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

McNei1y

Yeah I noticed its way easier to fuck yourself on any given play on D. LBer is really hard to play this year. And if you try to hit stick someone you better be sure its gonna hit

I don't think I'll ever relax on using the hit stick. It'll probably cause me to lose the superbowl this year.

This music decision was fucking stupid. Stop playing this fake Jurassic Park music.

Yeah I noticed its way easier to fuck yourself on any given play on D. LBer is really hard to play this year. And if you try to hit stick someone you better be sure its gonna hit

this is what i tried to tell ramirez. can't go throwing around hit sticks like nothing and not suffer for it if you miss!

BigAT

I like how they can't afford to include even a shitty black and white manual, but a full color ad for DirecTV? You betcha.

McNei1y

Oh great. Now EA is screwing up!

This game must be really good because I haven't been this addicted to Madden gameplay since like 05-06.

Did ea servers die?

Looks like it. Ram and I were kicked out in the second quarter when it was 14-14!

Mrbob

I'm not talking about extreme shit. I'm talking about coverage being completely useless. You called the exact right play a couple times and I threw it anyway... and got TDs.

You guys complained about zone coverage, but all coverage is busted. And on that long completion to Jackson, I was mashing Y and it didn't even try to jump. Didn't even give me the alligator arm animation. And that's how it was all game.

[edit] Also, lobs make defenders act like retards. You know how in old maddens, the CBs would break on the ball, but the WRs would refuse to? It's the opposite now.

I kind of agree with this. I had dudes in position to swat the ball away or pick it off, and so did Sanjuro and nearly every time the receiver came down with the ball as the DB stood there dumbfounded. The Madden Mafia tried to convince me this game is a step up from NCAA on defense but I didn't see it. At least in NCAA you can stop dudes if you line up in man. Madden it seems like it doesn't matter if its man or zone the coverage will get beat. Time for Arena Football 13.

eznark

Banned
I kind of agree with this. I had dudes in position to swat the ball away or pick it off, and so did Sanjuro and nearly every time the receiver came down with the ball as the DB stood there dumbfounded. The Madden Mafia tried to convince me this game is a step up from NCAA on defense but I didn't see it. At least in NCAA you can stop dudes if you line up in man. Madden it seems like it doesn't matter if its man or zone the coverage will get beat. Time for Arena Football 13.

Yup. In addition to the defensive backs being shit, the offensive lines also seem significantly improved. I felt like I had all day in the pocket in the couple of games I played. My 5 wides can now go deep instead of dink and dunk!

BigAT

Yeah I think there is something wrong with Dline aggression. There doesn't seem to be any. Wellie am cry.

This has certainly been my experience so far. You would never know I have a d-line with two 90+ DEs and DTs in the 80s. Even against the Steelers shitty O-line I got no real defensive pressure unless I rushed 6. Good linebackers seem 100 times more valuable than good defensive linemen, at least for the D-end position.

Smokey

How about people stop trying to intercept the ball all of the time and actually use the swat button? the y button only seems to really work for me if im actually facing the line before pressing it. If I'm running at an angle , even if I should technically be in position for the pick, I notice its not as successful.

Swat button comes in handy in those situations as the defender will actually jump and make a play on the ball.

eznark

Banned
If only you all had the niners defense :(

Not seeing all these defensive problems myself! Maybe try out all pro?

I was only sacked once and threw only one interception. Clearly there is a problem with the defense.

On the other hand I did have a costly Special Teams fumble, so that hasn't changed from last year!

We also have slider settings in the league! So I have some people saying there isn't enough pressure and others saying I get too much pressure too fast on all madden. Niiiice

This has certainly been my experience so far. You would never know I have a d-line with two 90+ DEs and DTs in the 80s. Even against the Steelers shitty O-line I got no real defensive pressure unless I rushed 6. Good linebackers seem 100 times more valuable than good defensive linemen, at least for the D-end position.
Yeah, it's really frustrating. I have yet to see Suh get off a block and the only pressure I get is 6 man rushes (but then I get shredded by a TE) or the once a game blind pressure by Avril. It's ridiculous. I'm just a duck waiting to be shred on the air most of the time

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
has there been any thoughts as to how to handle free agency in year one?

story w/ Atlanta, so not bad but not good. He did hold DCX to 6 points with them though.

As for the 49ers...they should be good shouldn't they? Sounds like Splat did alright against them.

I get constant pressure with a 3 man line and their lbs don't let you run but the niners have the highest rated d in the game. I beat Luke 49-0 in a half of football. Not taking credit for it since his line got mauled but I'm just sayin!

Also the packers are the highest rated offense.... Do you want them dominated by a trash falcons D? Not making excuses, I don't give a shit.

Not sure how at isn't getting giants pressure tho!

eznark

Banned
I get constant pressure with a 3 man line and their lbs don't let you run but the niners have the highest rated d in the game. I beat Luke 49-0 in a half of football. Not taking credit for it since his line got mauled but I'm just sayin!

Also the packers are the highest rated offense.... Do you want them dominated by a trash falcons D? Not making excuses, I don't give a shit.

Not sure how at isn't getting giants pressure tho!

Ok, yeah that sound ridiculous.

AS far as the Packers, I've shown I can make them shit no matter how high EA ranks them. I'm using them as an example because if I said that the Packers secondary was generally not within 5 yards of the receiver you guys would just say "lol eznark sucks who gives a shit"

Top Bottom