• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LukeSmith

I'm not the only person with an elite team! And it doesn't feel so good to have a mediocre team does it! I won superbowls with Tim rattay and Alex smith biiiiiiitch!

If you guys don't like lack of pass rush I don't think you'll like all pro

Colts are fine, our game was a laggy mess and my first game with them at all, it'll be fine.

What offensive audible are you calling at the start of every play FMT - it's like playing Tiger Tiger Dalton last year.

The Chargers have an overrated D. Jammer has spidey senses at times, but that's about it. Do high rated corners have that all the time?

btw- I like how they fixed the zone on paper (the zones aren't 5 miles up on the play art anymore), but the holes are way bigger this year... Man defense gets shredded all day, so you have to play zone and hope that your pressure gets there super fast.

Luke is right, I'm only commenting on the niners D, I know nothing about these lesser Ds.

I give up 14 ppg, 40 rush yards and like 170 pass yards per game in community and I play a lot of man D. Hopefully sliders work, I haven't tested out franchise mode yet

Colts are fine, our game was a laggy mess and my first game with them at all, it'll be fine.

What offensive audible are you calling at the start of every play FMT - it's like playing Tiger Tiger Dalton last year.

It wasnt an audible, its line shifting like block left or right or in the middle

McNei1y

All of my losses have been disconnects, except for 1 which Smokey beat me by 16 or something. There was another game that Smokey was beating me by 12 in the 4th quarter that I probably would've lost.

The Lions defense really isn't that bad in this game. In the 8 or so games I've played with them, I give up less than 200 yards (on average) a game. The back 4 are fucking awful, but the front 7 can usually keep things in front of them and my LB corp generally makes pretty solid plays.

I'm sure this will all change when I start playing you guys and the game evolves offensively. But until then, I'll feel ok about it

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
just found out my son made varsity this year, he's either right guard or left tackle. I just hope he doesn't get flattened, he's only a sophomore.
And the varsity team only got one win last year.

just found out my son made varsity this year, he's either right guard or left tackle. I just hope he doesn't get flattened, he's only a sophomore.
And the varsity team only got one win last year.

This is the second year of my son playing organized football. He's currently second string defensive tackle but says he's been getting lots of reps at practice for the 9th grade team.

He's 6' and 220 lbs.

I've never understood the line shifts at all, you shift toward where you think the pressure is coming from or away from where you are running?

Yeah depending on the run or pass. If I am running up the middle I'll pinch the blocking or sometimes aggressive. If its a toss I may shift blocking that way

On pass its the something if I see an overload coming or I have a designed pa rollout to one side

levious

This is the second year of my son playing organized football. He's currently second string defensive tackle but says he's been getting lots of reps at practice for the 9th grade team.

He's 6' and 220 lbs.

nice, is you son bigger than you? Feels weird sometimes, I can barely hug him, I think he's 6 4 now.

Splat

had trouble playing dt too the few times i tried, but Mario Williams was just shrugging off blocks like nothing. there's some momentum shit that kind of slowed him down, but i think it was my fault rather than the games.

it's early, but right now i think finesse rushers will have an easier time because power moves are useless once again.

im glad a skipped last year, i have less to complain about this year.

What's really dumb is Atkins is a power DT rusher, with all the stats to back it up (high power move, high strength), and they decided not to give him bull rush. I guess that'll be the first thing I buy for him?

Edit: Luke, it showed up 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB, I think. Even dime was failing hard, and bengals have solid CB depth( 89, 87, 82, 78, 75).

nice, is you son bigger than you? Feels weird sometimes, I can barely hug him, I think he's 6 4 now.

He's got a couple of inches on me. He's about 10 pounds heavier but he doesn't have my muscle mass......yet. I'm scared to see the monster he'll become once he starts lifting regularly. :jnc

LJ11

What's really dumb is Atkins is a power DT rusher, with all the stats to back it up (high power move, high strength), and they decided not to give him bull rush. I guess that'll be the first thing I buy for him?

Edit: Luke, it showed up 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB, I think. Even dime was failing hard, and bengals have solid CB depth( 89, 87, 82, 78, 75).

Bull rushing has been MIA this entire gen. Last gen you could push back a guard, it seems like they never implemented it this gen. Last year any time I did a bull rush I would knock the guard down and he would take me with him, leaving a huge hole right up the middle. Few games I played it seems I do more harm than good playing DT.

Sanjuro

What do you mean? You can't just play offline as a coach and do effectively the same thing?

You can, but it doesn't handle things the same. If you're the type of person who played all the games one week at a time then it's ideal. I liked doing mass simulations over time and picking up at some point down the road. There are other small things as well.

What do you mean? The coach mode seems exactly like Franchise mode except some new stuff added in.

It's not exactly like it.

eznark

Banned
Ppl still play sports games against the cpu?

Every year I play one single game against a random out of desperation. Every year there are only one of two outcomes: 1. I am winning and they log off 2. They do some bizarre cheese and win by 400 points.

Every year I play one single game against a random out of desperation. Every year there are only one of two outcomes: 1. I am winning and they log off 2. They do some bizarre cheese and win by 400 points.

I hate playing randoms. Same play over and over again, even when you keep stopping it.

Smokey

it's like masterbating, you don't want to do it but sometimes it's the only option, unless you enjoy picking up some random ho and sticking your dick in her.

Lol this works well

Randoms are the ultimate lab. Just use them to practice stuff rather than the CPU.

I set the search filter to people < 5% disconnect. Usually works out pretty well.

Drizz, you said you're not getting the game till next week n the 6th or something. I'm going to be busy as fuck around that time so let me know when you're free. I won't be around till really late at night (like 12:30 AM your time at the earliest) and on weekends, we'll have to see.

LiveWire

Bull rushing has been MIA this entire gen. Last gen you could push back a guard, it seems like they never implemented it this gen. Last year any time I did a bull rush I would knock the guard down and he would take me with him, leaving a huge hole right up the middle. Few games I played it seems I do more harm than good playing DT.

Agree 100%. Only time I could get a reliable bull rush was when Haynesworth was 99OVR. I prefer playing DT that way, while Wellie and I assume Splat play a finesse DE style.

BigAT

When are you out for your vacation again? I'm at PAX all day Saturday. I may have some free time Fri night but not 100%. Tuesday would be best.

Want to be a pal and grab me one of the Dota 2 cosmetic codes they're giving out? There's an Axe weapon, I need it.

LukeSmith

Connected Careers (Offline)

I've been messing with CC offline a bit. It's pretty deep. There's a lot there, and there's a lot to understand about players and how they fit into schemes. Preseason games are weirdly meaningful and can really benefit you in terms of experience.

I haven't found a way to change an OLB into a DE beyond moving guys around on the depth chart, and I still don't really understand what defines your "Initial" Scheme. It might be some combo of playbook + the sliders you select (Pass Defense, aggression, et cetera).

As people figure out more stuff post it in the thread.

Also of note: CPU Dolphins wouldn't take my offer of a 2nd and a 6th for Vontae!

levious

there doesn't seem to be any indicator of how many times a league game was started. not really a big deal for real games, but for practices (if we are actually playing those week to week) you can seemingly try those over and over until you're successful.

Do you notice any large difference in xp earned between real practice and simmed practice?

LukeSmith

there doesn't seem to be any indicator of how many times a league game was started. not really a big deal for real games, but for practices (if we are actually playing those week to week) you can seemingly try those over and over until you're successful.

Do you notice any large difference in xp earned between real practice and simmed practice?

My backup QB got close to 1800 XP in 3 quarters of simmed work in the preseason. 216 yards 3 TDs against the Rams. Luck had 9 XP for going 9/9 with a TD

Sokantish

Do you think doing the full practices are that important? Playing a full game just to get like 500 more exp would be pretty annoying

levious

well some of the practice scenarios are short, starting in the second half.

Top Bottom