• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Double D

Man, they're not screwing around with trades this year. Seems like even last year I pull some shit off by giving up draft picks, but I haven't been able to pull off a single trade. Granted, I'm trying to get either RG3 or Cam Newton on the Bucs, but still.

Trasher

The Lions defense really isn't that bad in this game. In the 8 or so games I've played with them, I give up less than 200 yards (on average) a game. The back 4 are fucking awful, but the front 7 can usually keep things in front of them and my LB corp generally makes pretty solid plays.

I'm sure this will all change when I start playing you guys and the game evolves offensively. But until then, I'll feel ok about it

You ignored me. I see how it is!

When do you want to do these games? Are we supposed to do them anytime we want?

I do believe the numbers... that's why I want to see it! Don't turn around and duck me like Marvel!

It's a lose lose situation.

A. You don't pass for a lot and will say well only because your dline got to me so fast! Unrealistic blocking doesn't mean this game isn't horribly broken in the secondary!

B. you pass for a lot of yards and say see! Garbo!

Rorschach

It's a lose lose situation.

A. You don't pass for a lot and will say well only because your dline got to me so fast! Unrealistic blocking doesn't mean this game isn't horribly broken in the secondary!

B. you pass for a lot of yards and say see! Garbo!

wtf I'm not trying to assess you. I just want to see the defense everyone keeps talking about. JUST PLAY ME

BigAT

Sure, is this at the Valve booth or something?

Thanks. I'm not positive where they're handing them out, but when I went to PAX East they included a League of Legends code in every one of the PAX bags they gave out with all the convention info, so it might be something similar.

LiveWire

Thanks. I'm not positive where they're handing them out, but when I went to PAX East they included a League of Legends code in every one of the PAX bags they gave out with all the convention info, so it might be something similar.

Oh I still have like 3 of those on my desk. Yea I should be able to get some of these, if not directly at the show myself, afterward from some co-workers at our booth.

LiveWire

Madden 2013 Play-In Games:

avhco0.png

NEW SEASON. NEW LINES.

• Redskins - mcneily [-6] vs. livewire
  • Cowboys - levious [+4] vs. somnia
  • Giants - bigat [-10] vs. wellington
  • Lions - goldlion [-3] vs. Trasher
  • 49ers - fmt [-14] vs. birdman
  • Dolphins - Pheenix [+6] vs Drizzler
  • Pats - Colasante [-10] vs. Sanjuro
  • Falcons - Storybook [-6] vs DCX

LIVEWIRE'S LOCK OF THE WEEK

Storybook

Stay tuned for more, including:

Odds to win division
Odds to make playoffs
Odds to win SuperBowl
Over/Unders! (League single-season records for INTs, Sacks, FFs, Pass/Rec/Rush TD, etc.)

Sanjuro

You fucking ducked me. I see how it is.

Nightz

You guys need me to set the community to All Pro or did Crow already make another community? Just got home.

Edit: Ok another community is being created.

DCX

DCX
well, Story and I are going to complete our series in all-madden considering thats what we started.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Don't know if you saw my post Levious, but let me know when you want to start our series for the Boys.

I didn't, sorry. Can I have one more night of practice? I'm free next three nights, can make time between 7:30 and midnight tomorrow night and all night after 7:30 on friday. Eastern time.

Rorschach

Is there a way to switch to a defender without having him get stuck in the mud or go the other way?

Comeback routes are unbetable. I saw DM and FMT using them a lot.

"Well, then manual cover them" you say? Good idea. I'll cover the right side.

Oh, double comeback route.

Hv4n5.jpg

gg rors. if you say the D in that game was completely broken then you're just looking for things to complain about. there were plays on both sides where our CB's/lb's didn't react realistically but no less than half of your yards in the air came because i was controlling the safety over the top and didn't help my guy on a bump.

not making excuses for the game because there are issues but to call it completely broken is hyperbole

Rorschach

gg rors. if you say the D in that game was completely broken then you're just looking for things to complain about. there were plays on both sides where our CB's/lb's didn't react realistically but no less than half of your yards in the air came because i was controlling the safety over the top and didn't help my guy on a bump.

not making excuses for the game because there are issues but to call it completely broken is hyperbole

Did I say completely broken? Well, that is hyperbole, obviously since it wouldn't be playable. Is it broken? Yes. Yes it is.

Also, my connection sucks. :/

Is there a way to switch to a defender without having him get stuck in the mud or go the other way?

Hv4n5.jpg

i ran double comebacks exactly 0 times in that game

Ok then I guess I guessed the comeback wrong 80% of the time. Or are you nit picking between comeback and hook?

the play i think you're talking about is when i had crabtree running a comeback on the right, and manningham was in the slot in a 3 wide set. i saw you go over to stop the crabtree comeback, and manningham was running an option route where he did an out and sat down in the zone

the only reason you had many yards passing is that you ran fly routes and you have extremely fast WR's against my slow cb's.... and with no help over the top what do you expect should happen?

BigAT

Hv4n5.jpg

I usually pick which defender I manually control by assessing the play, then figuring out which position is most likely to fuck up and then taking that over. This year when I look at the field presnap it always feels like there are at least 2-3 spots that I feel like are probably going to fuck up their assignments badly.

LukeSmith

I just finished the preseason in an offline connected career, simming through stuff. I don't understand why the rookies (Luck/RG3 et al) are rated lower there than when you just play with them online.

I ran for 191 and 2 TDs with Vick Ballard and generated about 1100 points, which is enough to level up, um nothing

Top Bottom