• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Rorschach

I usually pick which defender I manually control by assessing the play, then figuring out which position is most likely to fuck up and then taking that over. This year when I look at the field presnap it always feels like there are at least 2-3 spots that I feel like are probably going to fuck up their assignments badly.

Yeah, I don't even know whose mistakes to try and cover up. It's like trying to plug holes on a sponge, but you only get one peg!

I just finished the preseason in an offline connected career, simming through stuff. I don't understand why the rookies (Luck/RG3 et al) are rated lower there than when you just play with them online
It's weird. They look rated way lower based on the xp upgrade system, but overall rating on the depth chart is much higher. Stafford goes from an 85 in the xp upgrade screen to a 91 in the game mode depth chart screen. Odd design choice, but whatever

Ramirez

Well, I'm going to speak out for the lesser O-lines of the world, I feel the DL pass rush is more than adequate. There were 2-3 plays against AT where I was sacked before I even finished my drop back, what exactly do you want? lol

FMT & Smokey have decimated my line every time I've played them, and in the other games I never get instances of "hey, I have all day!". I have to make a quick read or I'm going down like a 2 dollar whore. My running game is non existent, so to bump up the DL would make it even more depressing.

I think a lot of you are just too use to last year where you could manually throw the OL out of the way every single play.

Splat

I just finished the preseason in an offline connected career, simming through stuff. I don't understand why the rookies (Luck/RG3 et al) are rated lower there than when you just play with them online

There's some weird ratings magic they do where they adjust ratings in CCM with how much they match scheme. Atkins (non-rookie) is 80 in CCM, 93 "default online". Stafford's lower too afaik. I have no idea if it affects anything but making figuring out true ratings a pain in the ass.

Rorschach

Well, I'm going to speak out for the lesser O-lines of the world, I feel the DL pass rush is more than adequate. There were 2-3 plays against AT where I was sacked before I even finished my drop back, what exactly do you want? lol

FMT & Smokey have decimated my line every time I've played them, and in the other games I never get instances of "hey, I have all day!". I have to make a quick read or I'm going down like a 2 dollar whore. My running game is non existent, so to bump up the DL would make it even more depressing.

I think a lot of you are just too use to last year where you could manually throw the OL out of the way every single play.
Yeah, the DL is vicious. This is coming from a guy with a shit OL, though. I've seen some RBs take out DEs by going low. That's new this year. Some guys are real head hunters in the backfield when blocking.

bigat said he gets no pass rush tho

Rorschach

Someone from the east coast or any place far from cali want to try playing a game? I want to see if my connection can hold up.

Guess I'll go play guild wars!

Somnia

gg Somnia. Turner was in beast mode...sight for sore eyes.

DCX

Ya no matter what I did he wouldn't go down, 2-3 guys on him NO PROBLEM FOR TURNER! lol which of course opened your passing game to be unstoppable, I didn't even try after halftime I just randomly picked plays and went with it.

DCX

DCX
that TD you threw i was right there and in madden 12 would have been a user pick, Dent just watching it and derps.

DCX

McNei1y

Yea I'm still not sure how pass coverage is supposed to work. Hitting Y doesn't seem to do much often. I've just learned to stop it for awhile and try and learn against the CPU.

DCX

DCX
So with connected careers, can we create our coach now and carry it over to our franchise or wait?

DCX

McNei1y

I think you have to wait to create your coach once the league starts. I didn't see an option to take my one online coach to another league.

Somnia

So with connected careers, can we create our coach now and carry it over to our franchise or wait?

DCX

I think everyone should have to start 100% fresh, if it carries over experience and levels you get before joining the league.

LiveWire

Yea it would be great if we could all start our own coaches from scratch and see who levels up from Level 1 to 4 fastest (though players with better teams would have easier ways to get bonuses, they'd also have very high expectations/goals--if I'm understanding the Connected Careers manual correctly). If we can't, then that downloadable code I got from Amazon means the man, the myth, the legend Joe Gibbs is coming back to the NFL for his third run. ;)

DCX

DCX
I think you have to wait to create your coach once the league starts. I didn't see an option to take my one online coach to another league.

I think everyone should have to start 100% fresh, if it carries over experience and levels you get before joining the league.

Yea it would be great if we could all start our own coaches from scratch and see who levels up from Level 1 to 4 fastest (though players with better teams would have easier ways to get bonuses, they'd also have very high expectations/goals--if I'm understanding the Connected Careers manual correctly). If we can't, then that downloadable code I got from Amazon means the man, the myth, the legend Joe Gibbs is coming back to the NFL for his third run. ;)

Yea, ok. That makes the most sense. I gotta get a good game face going then.

DCX

DMczaf

Does the commish have a way of making sure every player has a legit fresh coach?

I'm not pointing any fingers here, but I'm just sayin.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mcneily your connection is the worst ever. Ever. Worse than crows. At least his didn't drop

McNei1y

Mcneily your connection is the worst ever. Ever. Worse than crows. At least his didn't drop

Yea this can't be only my connection. It has to be a combination of the EA Servers at this time. I played three games today and all of them were fine... but none of them were during peak hours.

McNei1y

i don't think its you either. mine and lukes game was a lagfest last night and i don't think either one of us has a shitty connection. then i play CB right after and it's lag free

Yea I just think I'm having bad luck/bad timing with you guys. I have an open NAT, I've forwarded the important ports, I have other options turned on, and I am directly connected. Every time I play a game I have full bars. I'm thinking it's just the EA servers between 7-11 EST for now.

I'm down to play another game if anyone is interested.

Sanjuro

So far I've played MrBob and CB.

CB = liquid smoth connection.
MrBob = Some very slight (expected) lag at the beginning of the game.

We should test weather if possible as well.

LukeSmith

that TD you threw i was right there and in madden 12 would have been a user pick, Dent just watching it and derps.

DCX

People should pick Madden 12 back up and adventure through the memories and see just how much worse it was before the tears. And Madden 11, Rors last Madden was even worse than '12.

damn me and LJ had a really good game going, a defensive slug fest even those can't exist in this broken game..... then XBL dropped me :(

gg lj. bills aint half bad!

LJ11

damn me and LJ had a really good game going, a defensive slug fest even those can't exist in this broken game..... then XBL dropped me :(

gg lj. bills aint half bad!

it was fun.

the receivers are bad outside of stevie, they kept losing on the outside, i had to manufacture passing yards. running was pointless, i had two good runs setup and they just get blown up, guard couldn't seal the lb, so i just gave up.

McNei1y

This game is much better than previous Madden's. As for the pass defense bit, I might have realized that if you are holding down on LT then you won't be able to jump? Not sure yet.

Smokey

Smokey!

Can I get your feedback on this since I believe you have a Hauppage HD-PVR2?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6197/...-pvr-with-video-passthrough-for-game-consoles

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6197/...-pvr-with-video-passthrough-for-game-consoles

Would the "Lite" version be enough to broadcast Madden games?

I don't think you meant to link the same thing twice but oh shit i did not know they came out with a HD PVR 2 :O (edit: looks like it was just announced at Gamescom)

I have the OG HD PVR version

I will definitely be looking into this.

I really like my Hauppage HD PVR. My only knock on it was that it was component only forcing me to play on my Samsung LED rather than my 23'' secondary monitor that I have at my desk which is HDMI. This is fixed with the PVR 2. Other than that it has treated me very well. Your link(s) point to a Diamond PVR, which I have no experience with. I assume it would work just like mine and others though.

If you end up getting it let me know and we can go through how to set it up, software to get etc

Top Bottom