• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

it was fun.

the receivers are bad outside of stevie, they kept losing on the outside, i had to manufacture passing yards. running was pointless, i had two good runs setup and they just get blown up, guard couldn't seal the lb, so i just gave up.

stevie torched rogers on that one play. was that a double move or something? i was covering the rb so i didn't really see wtf happened. wanted to take a look after the game but stupid ass xbl dc me :(

daw840

I'm going to pick this up on Friday, and I will be playing all of this weekend. Have all of the people who are "in" been verified?

bluemax

Banned
My game face is less ghastly than Sanjuro's:

bluemax

Banned
I just finished the preseason in an offline connected career, simming through stuff. I don't understand why the rookies (Luck/RG3 et al) are rated lower there than when you just play with them online.

I ran for 191 and 2 TDs with Vick Ballard and generated about 1100 points, which is enough to level up, um nothing

Ratings seem to progress dynamically in career mode. I've seen players OVR swing 2-3 points from week to week even though I did nothing outside of simming the pre-season game.

Also I think it takes like 2k exp to increase a low rating by 1 point, and the higher the rating/older the player the more exp it takes.

Two moves I made in pre-season that I thought had funny results from the in game Twitters were cutting TO, and cutting T-Jack. The TO stuff was all about a legend getting cut etc, while the T-Jack stuff was saying I should've tried to trade him for a 7th at the very least.

Smokey

Live looks like 'Lite' version of that PVR has the following removed from the more expensive model:

Differences btw GC1000 and GC500:

- GC500 no HDMI

- GC500 record resolution 480p where the 1000 supports 1080i

- GC500 supports software compression H.264 and the GC1000 supports hardware compression H.264.

Bolded is a big one. If you're interested in just trying it first then i guess 480p would be a good start. Would take a lot less PC power to stream it.

You know what, fuck it. I'll paypal the owner of the Chiefs when everything is worked out $25 for them!

the chiefs are open. if rors isn't in, then you can have the chiefs and we will give story a team as well. if rors is in, then its between you and story for the last spot and i dont know how we're going to decide

LukeSmith

Ratings seem to progress dynamically in career mode. I've seen players OVR swing 2-3 points from week to week even though I did nothing outside of simming the pre-season game.

Also I think it takes like 2k exp to increase a low rating by 1 point, and the higher the rating/older the player the more exp it takes.

Two moves I made in pre-season that I thought had funny results from the in game Twitters were cutting TO, and cutting T-Jack. The TO stuff was all about a legend getting cut etc, while the T-Jack stuff was saying I should've tried to trade him for a 7th at the very least.

The Niners cut Randy Moss in mine, and I immediately signed him. Luck to Moss!

BigAT

Well, I'm going to speak out for the lesser O-lines of the world, I feel the DL pass rush is more than adequate. There were 2-3 plays against AT where I was sacked before I even finished my drop back, what exactly do you want? lol

I think a lot of you are just too use to last year where you could manually throw the OL out of the way every single play.

bigat said he gets no pass rush tho

That was only when I blitzed with 6, like I said in my earlier post. I would hope any team would generate good pressure with the gamble of rushing 6. I was getting hardly anything just rushing 4 and Ben was tearing me up on crossing routes. I'm pretty positive my D-line didn't have a single sack that game, it was only blitzing LBs.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah I don't get great pressure from my ends either. Especially comparing it to fmt's guys who were there in an instant. When I played Smokey he had one good series of pressure and that was about it. And they aren't bad at rushing the passer either

LukeSmith

I didn't think I was going to like it, but I am enjoying running the 3-4, anyone else have a 3-4 D-book they are particularly enjoying? Has anyone tried to create a playbook and use it in connected career?

DCX

DCX
The series is over and i won 2-1. First game was a blowout. Story destroyed me leaving me with 6 points.

The second game was a defensive battle and i lucked out on the final drive when Matty Ice went super nuts setting up the game winning FG 9-7. ( mind you i haven't scored a TD all series :/ )

Rubber match had me getting all the breaks and Turner went into beast mode again. 35-10 the final score.

Falcons are mine and i really hope Story gets in, dude is a class act but daw is my boy and hope he gets in too...glad i don't decide these things!!

DCX

The series is over and i won 2-1. First game was a blowout. Story destroyed me leaving me with 6 points.

The second game was a defensive battle and i lucked out on the final drive when Matty Ice went super nuts setting up the game winning FG 9-7. ( mind you i haven't scored a TD all series :/ )

Rubber match had me getting all the breaks and Turner went into beast mode again. 35-10 the final score.

Falcons are mine and i really hope Story gets in, dude is a class act but daw is my boy and hope he gets in too...glad i don't decide these things!!

DCX

congrats brother!

DCX

Congrats

Ramirez

That was only when I blitzed with 6, like I said in my earlier post. I would hope any team would generate good pressure with the gamble of rushing 6. I was getting hardly anything just rushing 4 and Ben was tearing me up on crossing routes. I'm pretty positive my D-line didn't have a single sack that game, it was only blitzing LBs.

See this is the thing though, I was using a lot of crossing routes and drags because I didn't have time for longer routes to develop!

I didn't think I was going to like it, but I am enjoying running the 3-4, anyone else have a 3-4 D-book they are particularly enjoying? Has anyone tried to create a playbook and use it in connected career?

I've only tried the Ravens playbook out, it has a couple of unique formations that the Steelers don't have, but it has a lot less packages overall. Worth noting that last years Raven 2-4-5, the LBs actually got in a stance, which greatly increased the chance of pressure, but I've been getting a lot of sacks with Woodley/Harrison this year with them standing up in the Steeler's 2-4-5, which hardly ever happened last year.

Grats DCX, as much flack as we all have given you over the years for not playing for them, you earned it!

LJ11

stevie torched rogers on that one play. was that a double move or something? i was covering the rb so i didn't really see wtf happened. wanted to take a look after the game but stupid ass xbl dc me :(

nah, no double, just a go route, but tight splits so he got inside of him instead of being pinned to the sideline.

McNei1y

OH LAWD I'm not using my gameface.

I fucked with the settings for some reason...

my guy looks like a fucking devil. His eye's are crazy red and he's got some stupid as smirk on his face.

bluemax

Banned
Do I need a webcam for a gameface?

Nah just a picture of your face that's reasonably clear.

The Niners cut Randy Moss in mine, and I immediately signed him. Luck to Moss!

For some dumb reason it starts the franchise with Marcus Trufant on the trading block and I haven't figured out how to take him off it, so I get like 5 million offers for him. I'm actually surprised how much the CPU is willing to give up for a 30 year old corner!

I've mostly been trying to replicate the roster moves the Seahawks actually made. Honestly as far as Madden goes TO is pretty well rated and I wouldn't mind having him on my roster.

LJ11

free for one more game before i call it a night if anyone's interested.

i miss the ps2 days, seems like the last couple of games chop up online, you miss tackles/defender switches because of it. maybe it's just me, getting older and my skills are shit, but switching defenders was pin point last gen.

edit: found someone.

TheCrow

Doesn't using gameface online mess up CCM? At least I remember hearing about some bugs before, don't know if it got patched.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Opened up the Xbox and cleaned gunk out along with doing a little bit of other work involving a soldering iron and it's good to go.

Played my first game with Somnia, it was a good game, the only problem is that the game is so fucking janky it's weird. I can't tell if it's the animation or the physics engine but it doesn't look or feel as fluid as it has before.

Whatever I'm sure I'll adjust. Gotta work on a new PB.

Sanjuro

Played my first game with Somnia, it was a good game, the only problem is that the game is so fucking janky it's weird. I can't tell if it's the animation or the physics engine but it doesn't look or feel as fluid as it has before.

It's hilariously terrible. Leads to the charm of this game.

McNei1y

Doesn't using gameface online mess up CCM? At least I remember hearing about some bugs before, don't know if it got patched.

If it's bugged then I won't use it but for now, just having some fun.

Hopefully it isn't bugged though. It could be funny seeing everyone's face.

Smokey

Opened up the Xbox and cleaned gunk out along with doing a little bit of other work involving a soldering iron and it's good to go.

takes a second to get used to the new engine

McNei1y

edit:

Buge4.png

Alright its not so bad. I messed up the first two times. It's actually a neat feature. I'm sure Webcameras would result in better pictures.

LJ11

last two versions feel like i'm ice skating

edit: i think my issue is with how it feels online, feels like the framerate is taking a hit. huge difference between off/on

wbsmcs

I'm not in the league, but I don't know where else to ask questions about the game, and I'm just wondering...I'm using the Panthers as my team in CCM...is it possible to make Tolbert and J.Stewart split the carries 50/50? Right now for me, the player who is first on the depth chart gets about 80% of the carries, which I don't want.

Top Bottom