• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Smokey

I'm not in the league, but I don't know where else to ask questions about the game, and I'm just wondering...I'm using the Panthers as my team in CCM...is it possible to make Tolbert and J.Stewart split the carries 50/50? Right now for me, the player who is first on the depth chart gets about 80% of the carries, which I don't want.

you could switch to the hb spell or hb sub package and do it yourself whenever you want the backup to get in

unless you're talking about the cpu doing it automatically..

Sanjuro

In attempts to make Drew more lifelike, I've only made him more racist.

Rd8fL.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just dropping in here to ask... is there an official Madden 13 OT up yet?

god damn why do i have to deal with bobs incompetence! motherfucker quit on me twice because he "couldn't see his audible menu when pressing Y". then i realized he didn't turn strategy pad shortcuts on

Evolved1

You're in it

Isn't this is just for the xbox gaf league?

I just bought the game on PSN and was looking to read over one of those completely unnecessarily long and bloated OP's people like to make... while my game is downloading.

I haven't kept up on all the new features, I was hoping there'd be a summary... and some commentary/conversation.

Sanjuro

Isn't this is just for the xbox gaf league?

I just bought the game on PSN and was looking to read over one of those completely unnecessarily long and bloated OP's people like to make... while my game is downloading.

I haven't kept up on all the new features, I was hoping there'd be a summary... and some commentary/conversation.

I'm afraid you're going to have a lonely winter.

McNei1y

gg ram. I laughed my ass off when you were trying to scramble with Ben and instead of going straight through the hole, you ran into your lineman and it looked like he was giving you a piggy back ride. :lol

I'm not sure what happened there at the end of the 4th, though. It just jumped straight to OT when you slid. I was so mad when Helu fumbled with 8 seconds left. I should've just kicked the fucking ball.

And yet again, pass defense is such a question mark. My players won't jump for shit. Fletcher didn't want to put his hands up, or jump for that matter, and the ball soared over his head to Wallace/Miller. Also, my safeties didn't even want to jump against Wallace on the fly.

No, there's never a Madden OT because it just gets shit on by people who don't play sports games.

Yeah pretty much.

Anyone want a game? I'm trying to figure out if I want to play one more or watch tv. I'll be here for about 5 mins thinking about what I should do before I pass out.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
User d in terms of making a play on the ball is just inconsistent. I was playing today usering a linebacker on a buzz assignment. Which played perfect cause the guy threw a hitch route on the outside and I went up and intercepted the ball perfectly. Other times they don't make plays on the ball at all. I don't get it! I'm gonna guess its hiccups in the net code. Sometimes I hit the button to throw the ball to a guy and it does nothing. This feels similar.

McNei1y

User d in terms of making a play on the ball is just inconsistent. I was playing today usering a linebacker on a buzz assignment. Which played perfect cause the guy threw a hitch route on the outside and I went up and intercepted the ball perfectly. Other times they don't make plays on the ball at all. I don't get it! I'm gonna guess its hiccups in the net code. Sometimes I hit the button to throw the ball to a guy and it does nothing. This feels similar.

This reminds me, actually, is that CCM has sliders and one of them is about pass defense reaction or something like that... I wonder if All-Madden's is really low?

Ramirez

gg ram. I laughed my ass off when you were trying to scramble with Ben and instead of going straight through the hole, you ran into your lineman and it looked like he was giving you a piggy back ride. :lol

I'm not sure what happened there at the end of the 4th, though. It just jumped straight to OT when you slid. I was so mad when Helu fumbled with 8 seconds left. I should've just kicked the fucking ball.

Yea, that was a frustrating play, lol.

I was in NCAA mode on that last scramble, completely forgot to even try to call a TO, but I don't think it would have went through anyways. If I would have given myself up about a yard or two earlier, I could have got the TO in and got the FG. Suisham would have probably missed it though, dude has a noodle leg by NFL standards.

McNei1y

Yea, that was a frustrating play, lol.

I was in NCAA mode on that last scramble, completely forgot to even try to call a TO, but I don't think it would have went through anyways. If I would have given myself up about a yard or two earlier, I could have got the TO in and got the FG. Suisham would have probably missed it though, dude has a noodle leg by NFL standards.

Yeah. That's why we got rid of his sorry ass. That was a hell of a scramble though! I can't wait till the season starts and I can start upgrading some of these redskins (IFFFFF). They need some adjustments.

jacobs34

GG Smokey. I couldn't get anything going in that game, so used to playing on All Pro in public games that I was just slow to react to the uptick in speed against All Madden.

Evolved1

I've forgotten how to do some stuff in this... is there any way to flip the play at the LOS without shifting the formation?

For instance, can I change direction of a run from strong side to weak side, without my TE's switching too?

Birdman02

I've forgotten how to do some stuff in this... is there any way to flip the play at the LOS without shifting the formation?

For instance, can I change direction of a run from strong side to weak side, without my TE's switching too?

Just flip the right stick in the direction you want the play to go.

Just dropping in here to ask... is there an official Madden 13 OT up yet?

I'll give you the tl;dr version of an OT Madden thread:

Post 1: Same game with updated rosters again.

Post 2: I really miss 2k, damn you EA for your exclusivity.

Post 3: Handegg.jpg

What follows is pretty much variations of those first 3 posts.

Evolved1

Just flip the right stick in the direction you want the play to go.

Thanks. Last question... any way to do a quick screen to a WR from the hot route menu? If I've got a CB giving a huge cushion and I want to throw a pass to the WR for quick YAC... seems like there isn't a way to make them sit on the pattern. Probably a way to do this, I just haven't figured it out even after messing around in practice for like three hours. haha

GCQuinton

I'll give you the tl;dr version of a OT Madden thread:

Post 1: Same game with updated rosters again.

Post 2: I really miss 2k, damn you EA for your exclusivity.

Post 3: Handegg.jpg

What follows is pretty much variations of those first 3 posts.

ZnqQ5.gif

I'll finally have my copy today after Amazon screwed up my release day shipping.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
somnia,

If you're free during the day today we can get started. I won't be free tonight though as my plans have changed. If not I'll still be free tomorrow night.

Evolved1

No hot route for a screen.

Alright. :/

So far the game feels pretty good (if the game speed is set to the slowest) and I don't have too many issues with it.

But I'm not liking the custom playbook creator (I think it's too cumbersome) and not being able to set my own hot routes is incredibly limiting. I've been asking for this feature since they introduced hot routes... yet to be heard. Doesn't seem like that would be such a difficult thing to implement.

I mean being able to take any route the game already understands and assign it a button seems like common sense. Then you could have delays and stuff, particular routes designed to fit your offensive strategy.

Maybe next year....

eznark

Banned
I started a career last night with the whitest RB imaginable who also plays with an old school helmet and has no facemask. He is awesome. However, good fuck I get no playing time! I'm on the Packers, I should be playing constantly instead I only get to return punts. Ugh.

eznark

Banned
Can you do that? To be honest, navigating the menus is so fucking laborious and slow that I didn't bother exploring anything. My God, that is some awful awful shit.

eznark

Banned
You can demand something... i just don't remember what.

I spent like two hours with it last night and that's about all I will probably put into it. I don't understand why in EA sports games the menus are so slow and the load screens are so long. Two things I find generally unbearable.

Finally have the sex box up and running on live, so If anyone wants to play in 30 minutes to an hour, let me know! Gotta practice pressing B when Calvin runs routes!

My Aim is the same as my username!

McNei1y

I spent like two hours with it last night and that's about all I will probably put into it. I don't understand why in EA sports games the menus are so slow and the load screens are so long. Two things I find generally unbearable.

Yah they are incredibly long. I also hate that stupid tunnel we travel through after pressing start.

BigAT

Have we come to a consensus on difficulty yet? I'd rather not be playing on All-Madden if we're just going to end up using All-Pro for the league.

Have we come to a consensus on difficulty yet? I'd rather not be playing on All-Madden if we're just going to end up using All-Pro for the league.

Nope. We are looking for feedback on both! We need to setup an all pro community or just play all pro in exhibition challenges and give your opinion

So far I see all madden makes top tier players on your team unstoppable beasts. Not as much on all pro

DCX

DCX
Nope. We are looking for feedback on both! We need to setup an all pro community or just play all pro in exhibition challenges and give your opinion

So far I see all madden makes top tier players on your team unstoppable beasts. Not as much on all pro

The problem being? We used to complain that about bum players dominating the same as a 90 rated player and now we complain about this?

DCX

Top Bottom