• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

So is everyone aware that if you push down on the right stick right as the ball snaps, it breaks man coverage? Read it on Opsports and it got confirmed by a EA community manager.

Supposedly if you push down on the right stick right as the ball is snapped, as if you were doing a power move with a d-lineman, the secondary will play aggressive if in man coverage and come up instead of sticking with their guy.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Supposedly if you push down on the right stick right as the ball is snapped, as if you were doing a power move with a d-lineman, the secondary will play aggressive if in man coverage and come up instead of sticking with their guy.

isn't that part of the LT+right stick commands? Down would I think be play run.

isn't that part of the LT+right stick commands? Down would I think be play run.

Nope, all it takes is the right stick and the right stick alone. As if jump snap were still in the game. Also, they thought it was when you were controlling d-line only but it doesn't seem to matter who you control.

eznark

Banned
Nope, all it takes is the right stick and the right stick alone. As if jump snap were still in the game. Also, they thought it was when you were controlling d-line only but it doesn't seem to matter who you control.

Well, it only effectively matters when you are controlling d-line unless you are manual blitzing.

Well, it only effectively matters when you are controlling d-line unless you are manual blitzing.

True....unless you're making adjustments with the right stick as the ball is snapped. It makes the CBs run commit. So basically any Dlineman with a power move is nerfed because the receivers won't be covered. :jnc

eznark

Banned
True....unless you're making adjustments with the right stick as the ball is snapped. It makes the CBs run commit. So basically any Dlineman with a power move is nerfed because the receivers won't be covered. :jnc

So, playing with the secondary is total cheese, playing with DL is game breaking and playing with LB probably means you are a dirty manual blitzer.

AI defense. It's the only way.

Why would you ever press right stick down at the snap if you're a secondary player?

Hopefully they patch it for dline players although I swear I've played dline a couple times and this didn't happen

Why would you ever press right stick down at the snap if you're a secondary player?

I don't know, just saying what was confirmed by the EA guy. The only reason I could think is if you're making a last minute adjustment/hot route.

Hopefully they patch it for dline players although I swear I've played dline a couple times and this didn't happen

I also don't know if it happens every single time, they said the EA guy was under the impression that it had something to do with the old snap jump logic rearing its head.

DCX

DCX
So, playing with the secondary is total cheese, playing with DL is game breaking and playing with LB probably means you are a dirty manual blitzer.

AI defense. It's the only way.
One step closer to Head Coach Mode.

Other than the right stick glitch, I don't have a problem with ball hawk.

Like FMT said the passes that were picked off that I threw were bad throws and should have been picked. I didn't feel cheated in any way.

I tried ball hawking myself and I didn't get any. FMT dinks and dunks so its not a fair test but I will say it awkward running around holding down Y.

DCX

I don't know, just saying what was confirmed by the EA guy. The only reason I could think is if you're making a last minute adjustment/hot route.

I also don't know if it happens every single time, they said the EA guy was under the impression that it had something to do with the old snap jump logic rearing its head.

I was also going to say I played against splat and Lj, who both played dline at times, and I never saw coverage break because of it.

Be careful out there fellas!

Mrbob

Interesting. I had FMT backed up in 2nd and 17 and I was in man formation, playing dline, attempting a power move, and FMT dumped the ball off to a guy wide open for about a 17 yard gain. My guy in man coverage wasn't even on him. Somehow he was 10 yards off, could this be why?

Sanjuro

Interesting. I had FMT backed up in 2nd and 17 and I was in man formation, playing dline, attempting a power move, and FMT dumped the ball off to a guy wide open for about a 17 yard gain. My guy in man coverage wasn't even on him. Somehow he was 10 yards off, could this be why?

Most likely. I've been seeing a similar issue in a couple of my games, couldn't really explain it prior.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

if you were in the middle of manually assigning a coverage assignment, you have to hit down on the right stick to do that, and then the button of the receiver you wish to assign coverage to. So if the ball was snapped while ou were doing this it could happen.

if you were in the middle of manually assigning a coverage assignment, you have to hit down on the right stick to do that, and then the button of the receiver you wish to assign coverage to. So if the ball was snapped while ou were doing this it could happen.

Not if you have strat pad shortcuts turned on, which bob does

Smokey

I got a ballhawk int against sok yesterday. I actually thought it was fair. His reciever jumped in the air to make the catch and so did my guy. My dude happened to come down with it but it could've went either way.

Sokantish

So is that why even when I had my guys playing deep they'd get outrun easily and the person would be wide open deep?

LJ11

I was also going to say I played against splat and Lj, who both played dline at times, and I never saw coverage break because of it.

Be careful out there fellas!

that's because power moves are useless and there's no reason to do it. now that's it's broken even less so.

Mrbob

How do you dline elites play the position? On finesse moves do you hold the right stick left or right in the direction want or flick it back and forth to try and move past the olineman?

Sanjuro

How do you dline elites play the position? On finesse moves do you hold the right stick left or right in the direction want or flick it back and forth to try and move past the olineman?

I fall on my face and watch the quarterback throw deep.

Rorschach

Y+A+down right stick = manual coverage if you want to set up a double team or if someone is left uncovered or covered by a friggin' LB.

LJ11

My way of doing things was not to get doubled, or have two OL in my way because these fools really don't double. Basically wanted a DT over the center, I had to make sure he was going to engage, look at the line stunt to make sure or adjust it yourself. From there I take the 3 tech DT and go to work. I wouldn't speed burst off the line, just wait until he's just about to engage and swim move. Depending on the guard I either one or lost, I'd always go right (left from the DT's perspective), because of the way I set up my line.

Huge holes for the run game though, my technique only worked in passing situations, and I don't think it works all that well this year. It's about timing the swim more than anything, if your opponent is snapping quickly you can time it pretty good. Flicking it back and forth won't get it done.

LiveWire

right or left to swim, or disengage (left stick back) and re-engage. You can also try to collapse the pocket quickly and create pressure even if you don't get close to the QB by guiding the OL you are engaged with in a certain direction.

Edit: And LJ adds another good point, this will open up huge holes in the run game, so choose wisely when you want to pass-rush vs. contain the run (if I had a dime for everytime I blew through the line right past the RB...)

This also is for a 4-3 defense. If you're running 3-4 you need to be even more careful about what you choose to do.

Top Bottom