• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Mrbob

Look at the happy couple!

628x471.jpg

You should be more concerned about Week 7, when Peppers breaks Stafford in half once more!

Any updates on how well Hold Y to Win Game is working?

Any Ramirez tears yet?

played bob on all-pro. impressions:

1. much different passing game. both QB's under 50% completion. there was 20 mph winds in frisco

2. i can't tell if the pressure was better or not. it seemed better than in atlanta.

3. coverage i dont know. there were open guys but it was so windy there were overthrows/etc.

4. used ballhawk again ALL GAME. i got 1 pick: bob throwing to marshall in triple coverage. it wasn't a "jump ball" throw. marshall was running a slant and my safety/lb were in a zone there. i was holding Y and cut underneath him with my nickle CB for the pick.

there were a bunch of other times where my guy didn't get to the ball because he just physically couldn't get there. and that's my point. holding Y doesn't (in my experience so far) turn you into a turnover beast that stops every play. if you are not in position, it doesn't magically put you in position. it is EXTREMELY helpful on jump balls and i'm glad it's in for that because what other defense do we have for it? i caught a long bomb with moss who jet packed for the ball. bob didn't switch to his safety and use ball hawk so he was helpless to stop it!

anyways, all pro was much better in this game but again that is likely due to the wind

Rorschach

lol oh shit. So if it's a run, just press A and let the computer do all the work. If it's a pass, press Y! 1 button futures. And it gives you the user pick so you can't tell if it's legit or not. Sexcellent.

The only position on defense that requires skill on the sticks is DL now. How deliciously ironic.

lol oh shit. So if it's a run, just press A and let the computer do all the work. If it's a pass, press Y! 1 button futures. And it gives you the user pick so you can't tell if it's legit or not. Sexcellent.

The only position on defense that requires skill on the sticks is DL now. How deliciously ironic.

lts4f.gif

McNei1y

I can see what this year is going to be all about for me... switching players and missing tackles completely. Two touchdownds because of that crap.

I can see what this year is going to be all about for me... switching players and missing tackles completely. Two touchdownds because of that crap.

rors said you can just hold A at the snap and then Y when the ball is in the air and no one will get yards or score on you. not sure why you haven't done this yet, it's what everyone else is doing. every game has ended 0-0 :(

Rorschach

i'm in for whatever!

p.s. are you in or out of the league? daw/story hang in the balance

How can I tell now? We're not even close to starting. People still need to play games and whatnot.

Let me see if people will play me tomorrow and I'll make up my mind.

rors said you can just hold A at the snap and then Y when the ball is in the air and no one will get yards or score on you. not sure why you haven't done this yet, it's what everyone else is doing. every game has ended 0-0 :(

Didn't say that. I said DL required more skill. suck it down.

McNei1y

It's just frustrating when you know you have a play stopped but then switching players causes them to stop moving forward. I had Hall stop playing infront a receiver and let him get by him for a TD. Then I had a tackle for loss in the backfield when two guys stopped pursuit which resulted in a td as well. Just some gahhhhhhhbage.

Splat was all over me though gg.

It's just frustrating when you know you have a play stopped but then switching players causes them to stop moving forward. I had Hall stop playing infront a receiver and let him get by him for a TD. Then I had a tackle for loss in the backfield when two guys stopped pursuit which resulted in a td as well. Just some gahhhhhhhbage.

maybe you didn't read..... just hold Y for a pass play and you will get an interception. doesn't matter where you are, just hold Y! lets get some paul anka up in this!

TO STOP THAT OFFENSE 1-2-3
HERE'S A FRESH NEW WAY THAT'S TROUBLE FREE
IT'S GOT FMT'S GUARANTEE
GUARANTEE NOT VOID IN MADDEN 2013!

JUST HOLD Y!
JUST HOLD Y!

Rorschach

FMT you're trying too hard. It's not like I was arguing the defense was overpowered. If I was, I'd be asking for manual catchers or some shit.

Yeah, any time you switch, there's a chance momentum stops, but if you don't switch, you might get the AI jump tackle where it's a guaranteed td.

LJ11

gg ram, some lag but it was still alright. i can't run on the steelers, so i had to pass, no sense in setting up 3rd and long all game.

im up for one more if someone's around.

Ramirez

gg ram, some lag but it was still alright. i can't run on the steelers, so i had to pass, no sense in setting up 3rd and long all game.

im up for one more if someone's around.

GG, it doesn't really feel like lag, it's like the framerate takes a hit or something and is constantly stuttering, weird.

McNei1y

I'm confused about a lot of options that CCM has to offer. Is free agency a FFA or a bidding war? How does scouting work? etc etc

Top Bottom