• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Mrbob

My way of doing things was not to get doubled, or have two OL in my way because these fools really don't double. Basically wanted a DT over the center, I had to make sure he was going to engage, look at the line stunt to make sure or adjust it yourself. From there I take the 3 tech DT and go to work. I wouldn't speed burst off the line, just wait until he's just about to engage and swim move. Depending on the guard I either one or lost, I'd always go right (left from the DT's perspective), because of the way I set up my line.

Huge holes for the run game though, my technique only worked in passing situations, and I don't think it works all that well this year. It's about timing the swim more than anything, if your opponent is snapping quickly you can time it pretty good. Flicking it back and forth won't get it done.

Interesting. Thanks. Might be time to focus on Paea some more. I usually just use Peppers at the RE position, and I never have any luck. Peppers does better when I don't control him. Should I not even try to play dline from the end position?

LiveWire

Interesting. Thanks. Might be time to focus on Paea some more. I usually just use Peppers at the RE position, and I never have any luck. Peppers does better when I don't control him. Should I not even try to play dline from the end position?

Since you have Peppers, play the opposite DE, and contain or collapse the pocket as you see fit depending on the QB you're facing.

LJ11

I'm shit with a DE, that's Wellie's territory.

I feel Mario can be absolutely insane in the right hands, but as is I just let him do his thing. Seems like LE has always been easier to play than RE.

Splat

Yeah, line play was all about timing your moves to happen exactly when the dl/ol engaged. At least, it was last year. This year it's about failing and doing nothing :(

Can you ballhawk from the d-line? If not, how are gonna win?

Sokantish

I had Ram right where I wanted him! I was only down 17 points, but he had to quit. Anyone else want to play?

Also... my only win so far has a * next to it when I was losing in the game, how sad!

Splat

Was the community still in all-pro last night? Because I did much better vs Luke than before, so let's stick with that :-|

Sokantish

I was actually moving the ball on Ram, I think we should go back on All-Madden. I shouldn't be able to pass like that! Christian Ponder completed 5 passes in a row guys. 5 passes!

LiveWire

In fairness, you would have thrown a pick to the cb if the lineman didn't do it

Yea, I guess I need to

play Madden

like EA

wants me

to play it

Then I can be elite like you?

Let's not kid ourselves, the game is the same shit every year. The only reason I (and probably many of you) play is because it's the only game in town.

But hey, I can herp derp at the TV using my Kinect and call audibles in this year's version!!! woo

Nightz

I prefer All-Madden myself. I thought people were still experimenting with All-Pro so I left it at that in the community. Is there a consensus yet?

Yea, I guess I need to

play Madden

like EA

wants me

to play it

Then I can be elite like you?

Let's not kid ourselves, the game is the same shit every year. The only reason I (and probably many of you) play is because it's the only game in town.

But hey, I can herp derp at the TV using my Kinect and call audibles in this year's version!!! woo

If the game wasn't fun I wouldn't play it. We had leagues when madden wasn't the only game in town. The game is often what you make of it. If you play like trash and scramble all around every play and look for exploits the game isn't going to be fun

If you don't want to play then don't. It shouldn't be a chore to play the game and if you have no fun playing then I don't see why you'd waste your time. Or maybe you want to play until you reach your breaking point and quit mid-season!

Ramirez

I had Ram right where I wanted him! I was only down 17 points, but he had to quit. Anyone else want to play?

Also... my only win so far has a * next to it when I was losing in the game, how sad!

Sorry about that, had to help my wife deliver my nephew's birthday cake.

wbsmcs

Hey Gaf, I was playing a guy online and in the second quarter the game ended and said he forfeited the game because of excessive grieving. What is that?

Rorschach

KkhDG.gif
KkhDG.gif
AUCTION DRAFT TOMORROW! DON'T FORGET! NEVER FORGET!
KkhDG.gif
KkhDG.gif

BigAT

Hey Gaf, I was playing a guy online and in the second quarter the game ended and said he forfeited the game because of excessive grieving. What is that?

It's supposed to be "excessive griefing". It will kick you if you do certain things, like constantly going offsides as defense or never snapping the ball on offense. The few times I've seen it happen, the person I was playing was lagging very badly. I guess the game thought it was intentional and booted them.

Splat

Is there any way in the community to see who's actually available for invite and not already in a game without having to check everyone's gamercard?

Top Bottom