• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
when do you want to get started Somnia? Need to know when I can start drinking.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
goodgood.gif

Alchemy

Has anyone figured out how to progress as a back up in Career mode? I made a back up QB, slowly got xp from practice and bought some upgrades, and ended up regressing down to 69 (from 70) after the offseason. I was the third string QB for the Jets and saw zero play time in preseason which didn't help.

Rorschach

Nevermind, soka. XBL doesn't want to cooperate. Wired, wireless, doesn't matter... I think it's one of those things where I have to turn it off for a while.

McNei1y

I'll try to play at some point today. Just moved out of my place and am currently moving my shit into my parents house... I'm beat and pissed and depressed and hungry and a bunch of other random emotions

DCX

DCX
I'll try to play at some point today. Just moved out of my place and am currently moving my shit into my parents house... I'm beat and pissed and depressed and hungry and a bunch of other random emotions

:( Hope things sorts themselves out man. Seems like you are dealing with alot. Good news is you'll be able to take the skins into battle proudly.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Shouldn't concern ourselves with who picks livewire off. My punter would get one if I gave him a shot.

McNei1y

:( Hope things sorts themselves out man. Seems like you are dealing with alot. Good news is you'll be able to take the skins into battle proudly.

DCX

Dang what happened

Oh my bad. I'm just rambling. Nothing serious happened. It's just the job market, you know? I'm still unemployed and my lease was up today so I didn't have any mo money to continue the lease/pay for another place. I don't mind living at home... but when I live here, it's like a lot of my freedom is gone, or at least the idea of it. Also blown about the idea of not going back to school since I graduated. And I have no idea how I'll bring girls back to my parents place since back at my place it was so simple. :lol (insert joke about roommates cockblocking)

LJ11

Good game Bob, know exactly what you're thinking after that one.

I must say that was a really smooth game, smoothest so far, felt like you were in my living room.

Edit: I'm up for more games if anyone wants to play.

Rorschach

GG Rors, I wish the real Raiders would use Reece like you did!

GG. Both sides had big play after big play after big play. Felt like nfl blitz. 16.6 and 16 yard averages for our QBs hah. 515 yards for Carson...

You know what the problem is with hook routes, and man coverage in general? Whenever someone makes a cut, the DB stops or plays way off. They keep running down the field. By the time they realize it and recover, they're like 6 or 7 yards back. Then, they overcompensate and over pursue their target, so it's a long gainer.

McNei1y

You know what the problem is with hook routes, and man coverage in general? Whenever someone makes a cut, the DB stops or plays way off. They keep running down the field. By the time they realize it and recover, they're like 6 or 7 yards back. Then, they overcompensate and over pursue their target, so it's a long gainer.

I've noticed this as well.

Sokantish

GG. Both sides had big play after big play after big play. Felt like nfl blitz. 16.6 and 16 yard averages for our QBs hah. 515 yards for Carson...

Yeah I saw that happen to you a lot, then for some reason when you did some hooks(I think that's what they were) my guys would be like in a better position for the catch but you'd get it everytime. Also it seems like in All-Pro there's a lot less interceptions. We threw it into each other's defenders hands a lot in that game and they dropped a ton of them

Rorschach

FMT: you said there was a way to shade receivers? How do you do that this year?

Also, can you tell the corners to play closer without bumping the receivers? I call the exact same play and sometimes they'll be 10 yards back and sometimes they'll be close.

Btw- fuck Jim Nantz.

*calls a blitz, but doesn't show to try and hide it*
<Nantz> Looks like a blitz!

*calls a play that has press coverage*
<Nantz> Yo, they're playing press! Get 'em!

What a snitch!

Yeah I saw that happen to you a lot, then for some reason when you did some hooks(I think that's what they were) my guys would be like in a better position for the catch but you'd get it everytime. Also it seems like in All-Pro there's a lot less interceptions. We threw it into each other's defenders hands a lot in that game and they dropped a ton of them

Winfield did it too on that long Moore run. He was so far off. And he's not some scrub, but he was abused by dhb/moore/ford.

LJ11

There's some good stuff going on with man and some really bad. Bob touched on it the other day I think with regards to two deep man under. The corners are playing inside, which they should be, but that means anything to the outside just torches them. If you're in man free, some sort of robber look, it's curls/slants all day because they play so off and tip the o right out of the gate.

It really pissed me off in my last game, I thought I was going to break my hand banging on my coffee table.

Rorschach

Reece was amazing, did you sub him in as TE? Probably a good idea since all the Raiders TE sucks really

I auto-reordered and it put him in as TE. I thought it made sense, so I kept it. He's rated higher as TE than FB!

There's some good stuff going on with man and some really bad. Bob touched on it the other day I think with regards to two deep man under. The corners are playing inside, which they should be, but that means anything to the outside just torches them. If you're in man free, some sort of robber look, it's curls/slants all day because they play so off and tip the o right out of the gate.

It really pissed me off in my last game, I thought I was going to break my hand banging on my coffee table.

Yeah, it has some new things that I've wanted in previous games, but overall, I think it's a step down.

I'm thinking they want more big plays. Last year, they didn't seem to come nearly as often, but when they did, it felt so good and so bad for the opposing side. This year, it's one after another.

FMT: you said there was a way to shade receivers? How do you do that this year?

Also, can you tell the corners to play closer without bumping the receivers? I call the exact same play and sometimes they'll be 10 yards back and sometimes they'll be close.

Btw- fuck Jim Nantz.

*calls a blitz, but doesn't show to try and hide it*
<Nantz> Looks like a blitz!

*calls a play that has press coverage*
<Nantz> Yo, they're playing press! Get 'em!

What a snitch!

Winfield did it too on that long Moore run. He was so far off. And he's not some scrub, but he was abused by dhb/moore/ford.

i meant shade as in you can shift them all inside or outside. i don't remember how i did it though. not sure if that's what you're asking or if shade is in as in i can put rogers to follow the #1 WR all game. that is not in from what i can tell!

and yeah, playing off coverage with hooks is rarely an incompletion. i've been picked off a few times doing it but im not sure what the coverage was. nnamdi jumped the route so quickly on one (he started backing off and then went right back to my guy) and then on one bob was playing off and at the snap he ran up quickly to cover the hook.

as for playing off but not TOO far back, i don't know how to do it specifically. there are a few plays in the niners play book where they are playing man but dont play too far back

p.s.

cb there is only one "someone", and that's nightz

Rorschach

i meant shade as in you can shift them all inside or outside. i don't remember how i did it though. not sure if that's what you're asking or if shade is in as in i can put rogers to follow the #1 WR all game. that is not in from what i can tell!

and yeah, playing off coverage with hooks is rarely an incompletion. i've been picked off a few times doing it but im not sure what the coverage was. nnamdi jumped the route so quickly on one (he started backing off and then went right back to my guy) and then on one bob was playing off and at the snap he ran up quickly to cover the hook.

as for playing off but not TOO far back, i don't know how to do it specifically. there are a few plays in the niners play book where they are playing man but dont play too far back

p.s.

cb there is only one "someone", and that's nightz

I meant shade as in play inside/outside of the receiver. Like in Madden 05+

McNei1y

I loved stouffer's sailsbury steak as a kid, but mostly for the mac n cheese it has.

It has mac n cheese, right?

It sure does. I hope this is tasty. I don't want to wait another 20-30 minutes for nuggets/fries.

Should've just gotten what smokey got the other day: pizza and wings.

Top Bottom