• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Rorschach

Rors heard what your major was and was like

giphy.gif

https://youtu.be/cFERPDn3i0o?t=15

I really wanted to start uncharted last night, but I figured I'd watch a bit of the warriors/blazers game first. Ended up going to bed at 2am after overtime. Still worth it.

Its like sportswriters and commentators dont understand that these world class athletes arent like us lol, their bodies dont obey the same physical laws!

I am also hyped for uncharted 4, but being up in alaska i dont think amazon is getting me my copy today doh, i hope it lives up to the hype its been a long time since a games graohics bles my mind like uncharted 2 did

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I remember nothing about it other than the sand looking cool and parachuting into the desert

oh, and tripping out running through that town?

nothing about the story though

I think it went something like this:

Nate and Elena broke up cause reasons
Sully is Nate's Pirate Dad
Sully says to Nate: Bitch, take this ring and get back with your woman
Nate gets back with Elena

Greg

I think it went something like this:

Nate and Elena broke up cause reasons
Sully is Nate's Pirate Dad
Sully says to Nate: Bitch, take this ring and get back with your woman
Nate gets back with Elena
damn

sounds like something I have to experience again!

You guys are being too harsh on 3, it was pretty damn good, if not quite as groundbreaking as 2. Damn i also just found out my copy wont be arriving until friday

LJ11

Madden NFL 17 Cover and Gameplay Reveal Coming May 12

oh my, I can't wait to see the improvements to CFM MUT this year

LOL

MUT Salary Cap mode has been a big hit, majority feel the game is ass but MUT Salary Cap reignited their interest. They're playing the game like we do now, not gameplay wise but with team building in mind. Don't get me wrong, most know what ratings to look for, but now you're constrained by the cap so you have to dig deeper.

They've increase the card database a ton this year, there are so many player options, feels much more strategic than CFM. Just to give an example, every week they release Ultimate Team players, so a few weeks back you had Ultimate Team Lott. To build 99 Overall Lott you need the 3 Lott Cards and a couple of collectibles. No one uses the base Ultimate Team Lott cards, they just dump them in the set to get 99 Lott, but this year that's changed a bit. His Rookie addition is a corner back with decent coverage stats for a dime CB, but his run defending for a CB is very good considering his cap cost. So if a guy has beefed up Julio Jones blocking in the slot, you bust out Lott and let him block shed all day.

Honestly though, they have to get rid of the canned animation shit and let the user be able to take control again, the dice roll catches are stupid. They either go all the way and bring back more user control, or they continue to automate the game. I full expect a "Nano" button where you time up the snap and get some auto sack bullshit if they continue to go down the auto mode road.

Edit: One last thought, how does EA get folks to pull packs if the salary cap mode restricts the amount of uber players on a squad? They need to balance of a fine line, interested in seeing how they walk the rope.

Greg

just got done with U3 marathon

so much better than I remembered (the gameplay) - always thought the 2nd was my favorite, but 3 did some really amazing things

Smokey

just got done with U3 marathon

so much better than I remembered (the gameplay) - always thought the 2nd was my favorite, but 3 did some really amazing things

Kind of thinking about getting the collection and replaying 2 and 3. I don't think I beat either. 4 is on the way from GF.

Saw this on the site for a game sdk I use sometimes: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608100059

apparently it was done by one guy as part of his masters and he's been updating it almost every year for over a decade. The UI art is a bit crude but could be interesting.

Edit: Interview, http://blog.cocos2d-x.org/2016/05/interview-with-kerry-batts-author-of-pro-strategy-football/

And his master's paper: http://cocos2d-x.org/s/assets/TLSF_Masters_Project.pdf

Game is also out on mobile as well.

Greg

Kind of thinking about getting the collection and replaying 2 and 3. I don't think I beat either. 4 is on the way from GF.
I haven't paid much attention to footage from 4 which probably helps, but I was surprised how good 2 and especially 3 looked in the collection

the first game is definitely skippable, and 2 is a bit of a bore at times because they introduce some mechanics and never really flesh them out, but 3 held up really well from beginning to end for me

Greg

there's more contextual stuff in 3 that slows you down compared to 2, but in general everything felt more balanced and fluid to me

Top Bottom