• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Ferny

This is for you CB

3PdpoFo.gif

Ferny

I honestly was having fun just jumping in matches that you or Ez or brent were playing in. I did enjoy it more when Nightz, you, and myself all jumped in together and Nightz was healing me up like a mofo!

I also didn't mind going in solo either. I found the game enjoyable either way.

Somnia

I've played a lot of the PC version solo and sunk 50+ hours into it (for Overwatch). It's a game that will have a long lasting appeal, now to be fair I noticed on PC even randoms work better together than they did when I played console so that helps.

There are still idiots on PC though, like a team full of short range heroes who keep charging bastions and turrets instead of changing heroes to counter their team... sigh.

Ferny

I've played a lot of the PC version solo and sunk 50+ hours into it (for Overwatch). It's a game that will have a long lasting appeal, now to be fair I noticed on PC even randoms work better together than they did when I played console so that helps.

There are still idiots on PC though, like a team full of short range heroes who keep charging bastions and turrets instead of changing heroes to counter their team... sigh.

There's a reason why that is, the beta on PC has been going on for a long time now. This last beta was the first time any console players actually got their hands on the game. Sure, there was probably some crossover from PC guys trying it on console, but I definitely noticed players started getting the point of the game the more I played during the beta period.

BigAT

I read some of this yesterday, but now people are saying he went into more detail on the "kiss" he had with her in another thread before or something and it was WAY more than a kiss?

This dude wanted support from GAF too? haha

The other details are that there was a kid in the marriage he ruined and that he made his move on the wife when the husband was out of state for boot camp.

brentech

Couple hours of playtime with Alienation, finally thought, you know what, fuck this, I'm going to see if I can change the right stick click as reload. Thank god it's an option.
Remapped it with square, something that isn't used all the damn time.

Somnia

The other details are that there was a kid in the marriage he ruined and that he made his move on the wife when the husband was out of state for boot camp.

Holy hell that's worse than I thought. It's bad enough he knew the guy and was best friends with her and made out with her while she was married.

I mean sure it takes two to tangle, but come on that's horrible.

BTW I got Alienation also, haven't played much but we all need to play together it seems pretty awesome. I have $120 in PSN money so I may go ahead and get Overwatch on PSN since everyone I know is getting it on there.

I also may have broke my middle finger at the gym (long story) so uh playing with keyboard/mouse won't be very fun for awhile. (I hope to god it's just sprained)

Ferny

Couple hours of playtime with Alienation, finally thought, you know what, fuck this, I'm going to see if I can change the right stick click as reload. Thank god it's an option.
Remapped it with square, something that isn't used all the damn time.

Omg, thank you for this. I couldn't stand that click. Will be doing this tonight.

I also may have broke my middle finger at the gym (long story) so uh playing with keyboard/mouse won't be very fun for awhile. (I hope to god it's just sprained)

I need to know how that happened?!

Also that sucks man. Hope it heals quick. If you can move it tho, probably just a sprain finger. Had a bunch of those playing basketball growing up.

Also that sucks man. Hope it heals quick. If you can move it tho, probably just a sprain finger. Had a bunch of those playing basketball growing up.

He gave the finger to some dude who was hogging the squat rack and it escalated from there.

Somnia

It was actually playing basketball lol

There's always people playing on their indoor court so I jump in sometimes after my work out. I can barely move it, but it does bend so I think it's just a sprain, we'll see.

edit: Az's story is better, let's go with that.

Somnia

EA saying Madden on PS4/XB1 was at 50% digital... holy crap.

I know I buy it digital because by the time we're done it's trade in value is pretty low.

Somnia

Wonder if it'll need a few expansions to be good like Civ V. Gonna be a busy second half of the year between Civ, Legion, and the new Pokemon.

And DOTA

Well most of what was in the Civ V expansions has been confirmed for day 1 in Civ VI so we'll see I guess.

This fall for me will be Civ, Battlefield and Titanfall for sure. No idea what else is really scheduled for the Fall right now. I don't believe Sony about Last Guardian or Horizon right now and Gears 4 so far has been meh.

I'll be getting Madden
and the wow expansion because I hate myself and want to spend money going back to something I know will not be any good.

Sokantish

I'll be getting Madden
and the wow expansion because I hate myself and want to spend money going back to something I know will not be any good.

I got into the beta! Hopefully I get to do the demon hunter starting zone before the expansion comes out so I don't have to worry about it then

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
My favorite part of dota is when fmt says "see ya" at the end and you can't even respond to him because he has already thrown his computer out of the window in that small span of time.

brentech

I really wanted to play last night but got the invite right when my wife was to get home, and I knew she already had a really shitty day at work.

Pretty sure my PC will still crash even on integrated graphics tho =

Somnia

I can't play crap right now it feels like due to work, pretty glad we ended Madden when we did. I'm running solo in my department right now with 2 backups that can't dedicate a lot of time to help unless they have free time. My co-workers replacement doesn't start till the 23rd either ugh

Friday night = stay in and play Uncharted and Doom all night.
or fall asleep by 11 like an old man

Somnia

Doom looking real good on PC with kb&m controls

Hot garbage on console with a pad tho

Ya I watched some videos of both, now the console version graphically looks good, but the movement looks so stiff and slow on console compared to PC.

Glad I was able to nab the PC version for $28 at one point as I have no interest in multi, but single player and the fact you know people will re-create doom 1 and 2 through snapmap or whatever it's called.

Top Bottom