• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

I can't play crap right now it feels like due to work, pretty glad we ended Madden when we did. I'm running solo in my department right now with 2 backups that can't dedicate a lot of time to help unless they have free time. My co-workers replacement doesn't start till the 23rd either ugh

Friday night = stay in and play Uncharted and Doom all night.
or fall asleep by 11 like an old man

oh look at the financial guy complaining about all the work he has

MUST BE NICE TO HAVE A JOB DICKFACE
rage.gif

jk ilu

phee I lied I care about this series now bismack biyombo got me hyyyyyyyyyyyyyype
Well the winner of this series earns the right to get humiliated by Cleveland for 4 games so....

I just want one more awesome Dwyane Wade game and I'm good. Game six against Charlotte brought back all kinds of awesome feelings.

So I go to the gas station, windows are down. I leave my phone on the drivers seat and lock the truck as i always instinctively do when I leave my truck. I run my card and the pump says "Please See Cashier" so I go inside and pay there. I come back out, fill up, and what do you know... my phone has been stolen.

The insurance company wants $175 to replace my 3 year old phone.

I feel like I just got robbed twice in one day.

The Heat will be fine.

I think this madden lasted too long again. Im feeling apathetic already.

i have 0 desire to play madden right now but that's normal for me and usually by the time late august rolls around im recharged. thank god we didn't do another season though! seems like we top out at 4 (decent) seasons each year!

brentech

I've never used Redbox either. Would rather walk around aimlessly at my local video store when I have the desire to rent something physical.

brentech

There are still video stores? I use Redbox when I can because I'd rather have that Dolby Master track and higher bitrate over digital.
Family Video is the best. Always giving free rentals with your rental, certain selection of kids movies is always free.
They give me so many free rentals I try to give them money somehow.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I know of one mom and pop video store around here but its probably a 15-20 minute drive. Way too out of the way. I used to have a blockbuster about 2 minutes from me. It was pretty nice!

LJ11

In regards to Madden 17, the pattern matching talk on zone coverage sounds interesting, in some respects defenders do matchup one on one in zone unless they see the threat early. Not sure what the 8 new zone concepts will be, are they finally going to do double robber split safety coverage? That should rip up the run but leave vulnerable to deep post/dig combos that actually worked against Cover 4 this year if the CBs weren't backed off. Gap assignments too on run, D. Obviously it's too early, how DBs/LBs manage to pattern match most beaters is the most interesting feature so far.

Who asked for ST blocks and tricks?

Rorschach

OG won the major in november!
Put some respek on their name, rors.
I ain't gonna say it no moe!

Yeah, that was a couple patches ago like I said. Brawl DotA = OG Dota (and MVP apparently!). Don't get me wrong: I like watching them play. I think NoTail is way underappreciated. They had just been disappointing since Frankfurt really.

Miracle- is the best player in dota so as long as hes on that team they will always be relevant

T8CMGN2.png

[edit]btw- your boy has brought Universe into mediocrity and he can't be forgiven for that!

Rorschach

lol nobody at the vp/col game. Chat keeps spamming "Ricky crowd :pogchamp"

[edit]Can't believe how much pieliedie has grown and it's being wasted on Secret.

Smokey

DOOM is LIT
I don't think I dropped below 90 fps. Ultra + Nightmare settings.

So smooth. Game looks gud. Old school but with a modern feel. Need more.

brentech

DOOM is LIT
I don't think I dropped below 90 fps. Ultra + Nightmare settings.

So smooth. Game looks gud. Old school but with a modern feel. Need more.
It does look nice, and definitely a PC game due to the speed of the game, but I can't say it looks fun. It literally just looks like a jazzed up version of Doom - for better or worse.

Somnia

It does look nice, and definitely a PC game due to the speed of the game, but I can't say it looks fun. It literally just looks like a jazzed up version of Doom - for better or worse.

I'm leaving work early, hitting the gym and then I'll stream it this afternoon if anyone wants to watch it.

I hear the console version is really good, but the fast paced nature of the single player makes it a PC game only for me.

Ferny

I really don't care about another game until OW gets here. Beat Uncharted 4 and it was amazing, but I really just want OW. I haven't been this jazzed for a game in a while.

I will get my revenge, Az! You will be hooked by Roadhog!

Somnia

I really don't care about another game until OW gets here. Beat Uncharted 4 and it was amazing, but I really just want OW. I haven't been this jazzed for a game in a while.

I got Doom for $28 and for the single player only, otherwise super hyped for OW and that's about it (well an No Man's Sky, but no idea if that'll turn out great or not).

Smokey

It literally just looks like a jazzed up version of Doom - for better or worse.

This is all it needed to do really. No need to over complicate things, just make a modern version of Doom. Supposedly theres lots of shortcuts and hidden passages like the original too.

When the Vulcan API update hits, that will provide even more frames. All de frames.

I'll buy OW on ps4

PC m8

Did you try the beta on PC? I actually preferred the X1 version to the PS4, but that's probably because the Elite controller destroys the garbage DS4. Then I tried it on PC which felt better than the console versions.

Bring it! But first, I need to finish Uncharted.

This is all it needed to do really. No need to over complicate things, just make a modern version of Doom. Supposedly theres lots of shortcuts and hidden passages like the original too.

When the Vulcan API update hits, that will provide even more frames. All de frames.

PC m8

Did you try the beta on PC? I actually preferred the X1 version to the PS4, but that's probably because the Elite controller destroys the garbage DS4. Then I tried it on PC which felt better than the console versions.

Yes I played pc beta. Too many aim bot cheaters. DS4 is much better than xbone controller and I don't have an elite.

brentech

Apparently OW is crazy full of cheats on PC. I would really hope they manage to nip that in the bud if they do intend to make it a esports title.

Yeah, like I said, for better or worse.
I played enough Doom as a kid to immediately recognize that game as Doom - and I think that's definitely what they had to do if they were going to remake the game. Without a doubt.

On the other hand, that doesn't necessarily make me want to play it any more. I'd probably get through one level and be like, "YUP! That's Doom alright!"

Top Bottom