• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Oof, I did not like that peanut butter on the burger at all. Mistakes were made.

giphy.gif

BigAT

Finished off Dark Souls 3 this morning. I liked it a lot, even though the ending was rather anticlimactic, even by the standards of the series which often has anticlimactic endings.

If I had to rank them all, for me it would probably be:
Demon's Souls > Dark Souls > DS3 > Bloodborne > DS2

brentech

Finished off Dark Souls 3 this morning. I liked it a lot, even though the ending was rather anticlimactic, even by the standards of the series which often has anticlimactic endings.

I haven't finished DS3 yet, but that's exactly how I rank to this point.
goodjob.gif

DJ Bowser

This is my first Dark Souls game. I've really enjoyed it, but I think I burnt myself out. I have (I think) 2 bosses left but have no desire to play anymore.

I think I need to dive into invading and PVP stuff to freshen it up.

Or just play Rocket League.

I'll hold my breath on anything

They're gonna screw something up, and I'm talking about the "Did you guys even test this oft-played-mode" variety

I'll hold my breath on anything

They're gonna screw something up, and I'm talking about the "Did you guys even test this oft-played-mode" variety

On paper it sounds pretty cool, and it sounds like PRC will finally do what we all assume it does. There were a couple of things in there that as I read them I considered the fact that they sounded like something that could lead to cheese.

It would be cool if this new thing actually made the differences in types of DTs and DEs mean something.

That is 100% not what it was. That was the read option year and it was so broken that people like flacco could successfully run it for tons of yards. Everyone hated it and the league died.

why'd we have multiple seasons of madden '25 on ps4 in the same year then? (the game was basically identical to the 360 version)

Go back and read the threads. You bought it on ps4 and told everyone it wasn't as broken. So we did a league there.

ok? why did we do multiple (as in, more than 1!) leagues on ps4 for the same "broken" game?

i'm not disagreeing that the game wasn't very good, but it wasn't so bad that we reverted to the prior years version or just didn't have a season at all (which was TLBB's question). we didn't have multiple years on the 360 version because a lot of people sold their 360's or there just wasn't confidence enough people would keep it to have multiple seasons

ok? why did we do multiple (as in, more than 1!) leagues on ps4 for the same "broken" game?

i'm not disagreeing that the game wasn't very good, but it wasn't so bad that we reverted to the prior years version or just didn't have a season at all (which was TLBB's question). we didn't have multiple years on the 360 version because a lot of people sold their 360's or there just wasn't confidence enough people would keep it to have multiple seasons

Did you read what I wrote? You said it was not broken like the 360 version. And it wasn't. That's why we played multiple seasons.

Did you read what I wrote? You said it was not broken like the 360 version. And it wasn't. That's why we played multiple seasons.

lol it was basically the same exact game (gameplay wise). there were some improvements but the read option was still broken (and i think it was actually STILL broken the next year too!) and the benefits of the "updated" run game (true step or whatever) was only extended to certain elite players like scrotum slasher

FMT SHUT UP!

PS4 owners of Overwatch, the preload is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

p.s.

if you want to try, you could potentially get Overwatch at amazon for about $40 (if you're a prime member). They give 20% off pre-orders and overwatch is around $48 there right now BEFORE discount. you'll have to talk to customer service to get it approved though. i ordered mine at best buy so i can pick it up monday :D

Ferny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

p.s.

if you want to try, you could potentially get Overwatch at amazon for about $40 (if you're a prime member). They give 20% off pre-orders and overwatch is around $48 there right now BEFORE discount. you'll have to talk to customer service to get it approved though. i ordered mine at best buy so i can pick it up monday :D

Can you accept my friends request, please. I requested you back in March. I thought we were buds

Can you accept my friends request, please. I requested you back in March. I thought we were buds

on ps4? i never got a notice of a pending request! let me check

alright i accepted (and lonestar too!). i wish the system would give me a notice in the messages section or something

Rorschach

Found myself with the ability to play DotA. Played a game where we were up by a shit ton and the other team had a guy rage quit. Well, that would be all good and dandy, but one of our guys had a quest and he was in a two man party. So all those two did was try to complete their quest while everyone else tried to do DotA things. Fight breaks out? Sorry, I'm looking for wards. Tower defense? Sorry, there might be a ward at their ancients for some stupid reason. Push? Why when there might be a ward in our jungle? Needless to say: we lost. I dominated early to mid game, but after a while, there's not much a Puck can do vs 4.

I hate quest season. Why don't people realize that you can only complete the quest if you WIN THE FUCKING GAME?

I thought this was pretty amazing, I love Blizzard.

BTW Ferny I'm getting a free copy of Overwatch on PS4, so guess I'll have it on PC and PS4 now. Got to love still having connections to my old staff at gamestop lol

Little girl talking about making someone kill is a little unsettling. Maybe I've been out of 'merica too long.

brentech

Finally got a legendary in Alienation, but it's a powershot and not a shotgun or Xenorifle =(
but my secondary weapon went from 190dps to 2948dps, lol
Currently level 11 on my new hardcore character. Already finished the first battleship and mission after it. The next mission is where I lost my previous guy.

edit: i take it back. powershot pretty cool

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Is there any cant miss shit on the PSN flash sale right now? Im thinking about Banner Saga and Jackbox Party right now. I Thought about golf club but the only golf game ive ever gotten deep into is Hot Shots.

Finally got a legendary in Alienation, but it's a powershot and not a shotgun or Xenorifle =(
Currently level 11 on my new hardcore character. Already finished the first battleship and mission after it. The next mission is where I lost my previous guy.

i really like playing alienation, got a couple legendaries and im about 75% of the way done with my first play, but with overwatch coming out i think it and uc4 multi are going to get neglected unfortuantely

Smokey

man we need to play,although i'm not really available for extended sessions until the weekend. powershot is gud. ive yet to get a legendary :(

Top Bottom