• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Welp, Dad ended up ripping the Trump sign out of his yard tonight as I was leaving after the debate. I may have lost in the league today but that's a win in life :)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What caused him to finally snap?

I think the moment was when Trump said he hasn't talked to and doesn't support Pence's views on Syria. That's when he yelled 'son of a bitch' at the TV. To be fair to my dad he was never fully onboard with Trump to begin with. He was a Jeb and then Kasich supporter and only got on board with Trump after he picked his running mate and his candidacy was inevitable.

He vowed to not leave the house on Nov 8th.

Tough game Pete. You almost had the comeback.

Your offensive line might be even worse then mine. Your RBs were getting hit at the line almost every attempt

great game cola... that was wild. your defense is really good, especially in man coverage, i couldn't shake them. if i didn't have a +4 in turnovers or whatever it was i definitely would've lost

Colasante

great game cola... that was wild. your defense is really good, especially in man coverage, i couldn't shake them. if i didn't have a +4 in turnovers or whatever it was i definitely would've lost

GG. Took me too long to realize I had no chance passing over the middle with you dropping into coverage.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fucking pissed I stayed up to watch that nonsense SNF game.

1) Fuck this stupid defensive line. They didn't get shit done against the pass or the run and basically got jobbed all game. Made the Packers OL look like a full set of all pros.

2) Fuck stupid Steve Spags, he has injuries in the secondary but has them essentially man off the entire game. What are you doing bruh, of course guys are going to get killed. That said, the secondary and Jordy Nelson did a good job of holding the Packers passing game in check. Jenkins is a fucking stud, bullshit picks notwithstanding, he had a number of really good pass deflections. The one pick bounced off his face but it is forgivable considering the rest of his game.

3) Please go away, Erik Flowers. What the fuck happened here? This dude was pretty good as a rookie and is now a penalty machine/turnstyle. The whole OL jobbed out but holy fuck Flowers was pathetic. I can't even recall if they ever offered him some help with a chip or anything.

4) Playcalling and worse, play execution were horrendous. CC called it out during the game but the Giants should have spread the pack out and nailed quick hitter after quick hitter all the way down field. All the injuries in the secondary and not once did they take advantage. Leading receiver was Bobby Rainey with 6, Paul Perkins caught 1 and the Giants TEs caught 4. So the trio of Sterling Shephard, OBJ, and Victor Cruz caught 7 of the 18 completions by Eli? That's disgusting to me. With a top 5 set of WRs, how on earth do you only successfully get the ball to them 7 times!?

5) The entire OL needs to get launched into outer space, never to be seen again. $100 mil on defense, what is the point if you can't score? They aren't the 85 Bears out there either. Can't run, can't pass, penalties all day.

Fucking horrible. What a dumbass team.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
In fairness, no one has run on the Packers yet. The pass rush has mostly been solid.
I know. You guys were allowing 2.0 YPC or something crazy. I picked up Bobby Rainey in my deep fantasy league because of it and that worked out well.

I watched the game with a bunch of Packer fans. Giants didn't even give me a chance to talk shit.

BigAT

Fucking pissed I stayed up to watch that nonsense SNF game.

Fucking horrible. What a dumbass team.

I don't think Flowers was that good last year, but I was able to justify it with him being a rookie and playing through an ankle injury most of the year. He hasn't progressed in the least this year though and arguably may be worse. It's almost impressive the number of penalties he has been able to individually accumulate, all while also being pretty awful in pass protection. And now who knows if he gets suspended for pushing Jordan Raanan in the locker room after the game.

I'm really at a loss as to how the offense can possibly be this bad with all the weapons they have at WR. Especially last night against the secondary the Packers were putting out there.

Eli has been pretty bad this season and has actually looked shook the last couple of games. The O-line hasn't been great, but there have still been numerous times when he feels pressure that isn't there quite yet and just fires the ball into the ground unnecessarily.

Think I'm done with sports. Last night was miserable and it wasn't even close to the biggest L of the weekend...

BigAT

e-sports from here on out

ROCKET LEEEEEEEAGUE

95309-will-smith-hug-gif-uncle-Phil-NW0B.gif

Rocket League is all I have now. Team Shit will never let me down.

Bread

Banned
That was a really quick turnaround on Flowers

I swear giants fans were praising him and his PFF grade just last week

BigAT

Who said that? Even before last night, Flowers was top 5 in the league for total penalty yardage individually for the year. The only people that were ahead of him were DBs with very long PI penalty calls against them, he was #1 among all other players.

DCX

DCX
Bye week hell? Eh. I have time to actually modernize this home!

Why is FMT 9-1? Oh that's right, some trade :/

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Who said that? I pretty much don't even talk about sports on GAF anymore but this season he has been awful. As AT mentioned he is a penalty machine the likes of which I hadn't seen since Luke Pettitgout in that Seattle game a few years back.

PFF grades are a joke, sorry. It was cool to see them along with the player names during the intros but even some of them were highly questionable.

I don't think Flowers was that good last year, but I was able to justify it with him being a rookie and playing through an ankle injury most of the year. He hasn't progressed in the least this year though and arguably may be worse. It's almost impressive the number of penalties he has been able to individually accumulate, all while also being pretty awful in pass protection. And now who knows if he gets suspended for pushing Jordan Raanan in the locker room after the game.

I'm really at a loss as to how the offense can possibly be this bad with all the weapons they have at WR. Especially last night against the secondary the Packers were putting out there.

Eli has been pretty bad this season and has actually looked shook the last couple of games. The O-line hasn't been great, but there have still been numerous times when he feels pressure that isn't there quite yet and just fires the ball into the ground unnecessarily.

Think I'm done with sports. Last night was miserable and it wasn't even close to the biggest L of the weekend...

Simple bruh, it is all about the OL and has been for the last few years with the Giants. I am sick of seeing Eli run for his life the moment he hears footsteps. It's conditioning ala David Carr in Houston.

That said, Eli has been pretty terrible himself. He missed a number of open guys last night.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mixture of sick and football killed the weekend, guess that happened. Who was the bronco's, anyway?

Is it draft time yet? Can it be?

Top Bottom