• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

LJ11

GG LJ, that game sure was something. Was super proud of a bunch of throws, and then some awful decisions on others. my 3rd one I had eifert coming open for a TD and hit the wrong button :( no idea what happened on that safety kick either.

Yeah, I knew you hit the wrong button. I wanted to run early because Tyrod was all over the place last game, and he threw another early int on a pass lead. Played too conservative at times.

Man, this game is all over the place. I was getting good heat rushing 4, I mean I ran the same concept against FMT and did shit, this game no one blocked Jerry Hughes. Remember to slide the line folks, if I'm overloading you know where it's coming.

I thought you were going to pull that out, I'm an idiot for passing in my own end, but I had 7 blockers and thought I was safe, too bad the back blocked no one.

Yeah, I knew you hit the wrong button. I wanted to run early because Tyrod was all over the place last game, and he threw another early int on a pass lead. Played too conservative at times.

Man, this game is all over the place. I was getting good heat rushing 4, I mean I ran the same concept against FMT and did shit, this game no one blocked Jerry Hughes. Remember to slide the line folks, if I'm overloading you know where it's coming.

I thought you were going to pull that out, I'm an idiot for passing in my own end, but I had 7 blockers and thought I was safe, too bad the back blocked no one.

i use the OL slide and max protect a lot this year and it has paid off. i see people sending 5 out on every play... eventually it's going to hurt you

Splat

If I hadn't started on my 3, that eifert catch is in the endzone, haha. I didn't deserve a win there but I would have taken it.

LJ11

If I hadn't started on my 3, that eifert catch is in the endzone, haha. I didn't deserve a win there but I would have taken it.

You hit those two deep sideline passes in double coverage, and like an idiot I started to cheat over to that side and left the middle of the field wide open. It was dumb, mostly paranoia, should have played the percentages and just stayed in the middle.

Probably unrelated but there was a minor PSN update last time Overwatch had a patch too.. Supposedly a new hero + Octoberfest event is starting in Overwatch at 2 est.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah very inconsistent but that's how it is game to game IRL I guess. I was killing everyone rushing 4 before and the last few games starting from my game with Bird 4 weeks ago.

I still can't believe a mid 70s pass rusher with shitty stats has been completely dominating for me. I occasionally overload but for the most part it's just the four down linemen. 11.5 sacks through 10 games.

Splat

Yeah very inconsistent but that's how it is game to game IRL I guess. I was killing everyone rushing 4 before and the last few games starting from my game with Bird 4 weeks ago.

I still can't believe a mid 70s pass rusher with shitty stats has been completely dominating for me. I occasionally overload but for the most part it's just the four down linemen. 11.5 sacks through 10 games.

Wellie, we all know you exploit the shit out of defensive audibles. ;-)

I wonder if its your scheme, luck, or does he have any standout stats? Like is he really good at block shed or does he have 90+ in something?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellie, we all know you exploit the shit out of defensive audibles. ;-)

I wonder if its your scheme, luck, or does he have any standout stats? Like is he really good at block shed or does he have 90+ in something?

Nah.

If I could check CCM Website I would give you exact numbers. I think he is low 80s FMV and mid 60s PMV. Same with Trae Waynes, he is straight shit but has been ballin'.

brentech

I know a couple here 'cut the cord'. Just floating the idea around in my head, what services do you use? My main concern is access to sports programming. Everything else that my wife wants to watch is either available thru Hulu or a la carte Amazon.

Nah.

If I could check CCM Website I would give you exact numbers. I think he is low 80s FMV and mid 60s PMV. Same with Trae Waynes, he is straight shit but has been ballin'.
Yea, the Browns had that super shitty first round CB, but he was great in Madden because he was quick.

I know a couple here 'cut the cord'. Just floating the idea around in my head, what services do you use? My main concern is access to sports programming. Everything else that my wife wants to watch is either available thru Hulu or a la carte Amazon.

Yea, the Browns had that super shitty first round CB, but he was great in Madden because he was quick.

Vue is really good with the sports programming, according to a friend of mine who cut the cord and is now using it.

Smokey

Do the 7 day trial for Vue. I was impressed by it. I'll probably go that route sometime in the future. I think they just got Redzone and Sunday Ticket too.

brentech

Vue is really good with the sports programming, according to a friend of mine who cut the cord and is now using it.

Do the 7 day trial for Vue. I was impressed by it. I'll probably go that route sometime in the future. I think they just got Redzone and Sunday Ticket too.

yeah, I forgot Vue is no longer just select regions, it does seem more enticing than Sling.
Outside of sports, we don't watch any live TV here, I wish channel selection could be more of a choice on either platform. Bundling still adds soooo much shit I'll never use.
When it comes down to it, I think it's like a $70 savings per month over my DTV service. (This is while considering paying more for increased data cap)

BigAT

Shake...

aqa3JiR.png

http://blog.dota2.com/2016/10/true-sight-a-new-documentary-series/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Define "sports programming".

I cut the cord a little over a year ago. I only ever watched sports and broadcast TV anyway and maybe walking dead at the time. The immediate problem was sports. Going into the fall I knew I could watch all Giants games with an antenna, I ended up getting sling for stuff like ESPN and AMC.

I bought a device called a Tablo

It functions as a hub for the OTA stuff as well as a DVR. I noticed that I mostly only ever recorded OTA stuff so this was my solution. I like it a lot, and though it is maximized by paying a $5 a month fee for their full functionality I consider it worth it due to my usage.

Already had a netflix subscription so whatever, I was also a pretty heavy torrenter at the time, but I have since been gifted a hacked amazon fire stick so no real need to DL anything I can stream.

I honestly don't miss cable. Sling even has a package that carried the YES network for the Yanks - only thing I am missing is MSG for Knicks and Rangers but whatevs. I added the sports package for NFL Redzone but will probably cut sling altogether once football season is over, just like last year.

I'm leaving UVerse after this month. Lookin at vue and sling. Only reason I've had it this long is Hockey. Really not looking forward to following a puck over the Internet but I figure I'll just go to the bar for the games if my internet is choppy.

brentech

The local channels are important for the random Packers games that are shown here, along with SNF. ESPN for MNF, FS1 for UFC, NBCS for Liverpool soccer.
That is essentially what is important for me.

Birdman02

Go ahead and give AT the sim win. I've been unavailable yesterday and today because of family drama, and I know I can't play tomorrow.

Hopefully everything is back on track for next week.

Trasher

Greg, we can try and play tonight after I get home from work (a bit after 7pst), or we can play later after dinner and such which might be around 9pst. Let me know!

Greg

Greg, we can try and play tonight after I get home from work (a bit after 7pst), or we can play later after dinner and such which might be around 9pst. Let me know!
had a long ass day, not sure how late I'll be up - I'd appreciate a bit after 7 PST if that's fine

edit: just hanging in menu, so you can invite whenever you're good to go

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Yo dude we play next and the advance is tomorrow. I'm seeing my woman tomorrow night but we should be wrapping up pretty early so if you want to play tomorrow after 7 PST I should be game. Tomorrow it prob my best bet.

Trasher

Yo dude we play next and the advance is tomorrow. I'm seeing my woman tomorrow night but we should be wrapping up pretty early so if you want to play tomorrow after 7 PST I should be game. Tomorrow it prob my best bet.

I won't be available until 9pst tomorrow unfortunately. Is that too late?

supposedly the kicker non-stat recording issue happens only if you have your punter on kick offs.... i'm going to put my kicker on kick offs and see if that fixes it

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Scott i think our game is frozen. I'm getting a few second delay everytime I go to select a play and i can't control anything once on field.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ok, I've reinvited you.

gonna try to stream

https://www.twitch.tv/whatrobeats

This doesn't seem to want to work tonight. Like I was telling Scott draft champs was working great for me earlier so I don't think it's on my side. We are going to try to go again tomorrow night and hope for better.

Overwatch 4 man Co-op Brawl is pretty fun. Hard mode is kinda insane. Barely made it past the road hog only boss. Completely beat it on normal. I'm gonna get really good with Ana before this event ends.

Top Bottom