• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

DJ Bowser

Only contact from Pete has been the "wattup" post so far.

Aside from a malleable 2-hour window, I'll be around available all day/night today, but won't be home before the advance tomorrow.

DJ Bowser

simwin for pete

what kind of window is that you unreasonable fuck

wnIaRyJ.gif

brentech

Anyone getting BF1?

Most likely. My biggest problem with BF and COD as series is map packs, so I'll see if I can't find a deal on that, but I was really enjoying hopping into BF1 and playing a match or two each day during the beta. It was the most fun in the realistic shooter space I've had in some time.

Ferny

Most likely. My biggest problem with BF and COD as series is map packs, so I'll see if I can't find a deal on that, but I was really enjoying hopping into BF1 and playing a match or two each day during the beta. It was the most fun in the realistic shooter space I've had in some time.

The next map pack isnt till March so you might be able to find their pass on sale or something. But BF4s packs were pretty much all good and I find this setting much more interesting so I got the Ultimate pack for it.

I had seriously given thought to upgrading my PC for BF1, but then realized how dumb it was to spend hundreds on something that I'd only play if others could, also I am terrible at Battlefield games in general, I can't walk around for more than a minute without getting punked by something.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Battlefield always sounds better on paper than it is in execution (for me). When I play it, it feels like I'm chasing the experiences I had with 1942 and 2, and never quite living up to them.

I had a good time with 3 and 1943. The technical problems with 4 soured me on the game and I didn't think it was all that amazing even when it worked.

Hardline seemed bad and even Star Wars couldn't save battlefront.

I didn't even bother trying 1 during the beta.

I think a game like BF totally depends on who you are squading with and if the game you entered is balanced

Entering a balanced game didn't happen enough for me and really, the maps are so goddamn big that every time I play I feel like I'm just at a friend's house trying out his new game.

BigAT

I had seriously given thought to upgrading my PC for BF1, but then realized how dumb it was to spend hundreds on something that I'd only play if others could, also I am terrible at Battlefield games in general, I can't walk around for more than a minute without getting punked by something.
realized how dumb it was to spend hundreds on something that I'd only play if others could

bpZXAXlS.jpg

Star Wars Battlefront has soured me on the franchise. Was my go to multiplayer first person franchise since BF2 (alongside Halo), but now Overwatch exists.

brentech

Star Wars Battlefront has soured me on the franchise. Was my go to multiplayer first person franchise since BF2 (alongside Halo), but now Overwatch exists.
Playing the beta of battlefront allowed me to decide the game was shit. I went the complete other direction on BF1.
Both games have A++ audio, but battlefront never felt like a fun game outside of your first 30minutes.

Unrelated to people here, I think PS4 might have a bigger player base than PC. I'll have to look back at the BF4 numbers. If it's a huge difference, maybe I'd go with PS4. I kind of forget about the PS4 pro improvements. So I'll have that going too if I go that route.

Buuuuuttttt, I love the audio in the game and my PC has better headset and speakers. =|

I can't take the opinion of someone seriously who would rather watch Thursday Night Football over playing (Insert any game here) with his bros

I played more 2k16 than probably any other 2k and it really soured me on the franchise. The team up is fun but it doesn't make the game good. I had no ill will towards 2k but I'll probably never play again unless they fundamentally change the game, which they wont

Wednesday good?

Yes

In other words, teaming up for 5 on 5 itself can be entertaining, but it doesn't make the gameplay good
yes I'll trust the opinion of a casual fan who watches the sport one month out of the year. please explain how the gameplay was so bad.

not that it's without flaws but it entertains the mind because I know you will stan for Madden in the same way even though things like 10 people fall on the ball and nobody picks it up

yes I'll trust the opinion of a casual fan who watches the sport one month out of the year

not that it's without flaws but it entertains the mind because I know you will stan for Madden in the same way even though things like 10 people fall on the ball and nobody picks it up

I mean you don't need to trust my opinion, you have your own. I have no reason to dislike 2k for no reason. The gameplay is garbage is all I'm saying! Couple that with its best mode being a f2p model and I can't support the game.

As for madden, the gameplay isn't great but it is definitely better than 2k. With that said, take CFM out of madden and I wouldn't ever buy iy. I buy and play madden excluisvely to play online franchise

BigAT

yes I'll trust the opinion of a casual fan who watches the sport one month out of the year. please explain how the gameplay was so bad.

How much more basketball does he have to watch until he's allowed to say the video game version of it sucks?

I mean you don't need to trust my opinion, you have your own. I have no reason to dislike 2k for no reason. The gameplay is garbage is all I'm saying! Couple that with its best mode being a f2p model and I can't support the game.

You have yet to ever say a single reason why the game play is garbage though...you don't like the pay model, that's fair. But I've never heard an actual reason like "Help defense is unrealistically fast" or "Shooting is too easy"

How much more basketball does he have to watch until he's allowed to say the video game version of it sucks?

Because he's yet to actually say a single actual reason why it sucks like I said above. Also if you've ever heard him offer you a basketball opinion, you would understand why.
I say that in jest, he just shit talks me a lot

But still, I frequently see things like "This game sucks because" in a lot of games and then when I see what actually happened, all I notice is the person is just blaming the game for their lack of IQ in whatever they're playing...people like....

Ph33 defending 2k feels just like Trump yelling WRONG

This guy.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think madden is fucking awful this year. I could make a long list or essay as to why I think that is the case, but im not sure what or who that benefits. Its what I believe, not what im trying to prove to someone. It doesnt change the validity of that belief. Its not exactly debate class.

Ill connect those feelings to 2K and FMT's opinion and leave it at that.

I think madden is fucking awful this year. I could make a long list or essay as to why I think that is the case, but im not sure what or who that benefits. Its what I believe, not what im trying to prove to someone. It doesnt change the validity of that belief. Its not exactly debate class.

Ill connect those feelings to 2K and FMT's opinion and leave it at that.
I don't think he thinks it actually sucks, just that he doesn't like the way the game is structured and that clouds his view. I think the game is actually great when played properly. But most don't play it the right way. That's why this year it felt great when we earned top 20 status because we actually run an offense and don't just hurl shit around.

But as i type that I too realize it is a largely useless discussion and in actuality, 2k is a fucking trash ass company that is screwing over a lot of people right now. but don't hate on my love for basketball.

brentech

My biggest problem with 2k is that everyone feels like they're running in quicksand.

I agree with this 100%.
I think there are some fundamental things that need to be changed. If you have the ball and decide to drive the lane, you should be able to do that. And if you don't do it right, the ball should get stripped, you get tripped up, or take a charge -- but instead they solve it by making you hit an invisible barrier that makes you both stop and backup, removing that control from the player.

But my real issue was my few times going online, the netcode was just THQ tier bad.

Top Bottom