• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

vanced

next vance: Wednesday @ 9 pm pst

games:

giants/eagles
dolphins/bills
bucs/saints
jets/pats
titans/jags
vikes/pakers
chargers/browns
redskins/bears
falcons/panthers
colts/raiders
cards/seahawks
49ers/rams
bengals/texans
ravens/steelers
broncos/chiefs
lions/cowboys

nfc opotw: Doug Martin (Bucs) - 25 car, 145 yards, 1 TD, 2 rec, 80 yards, 1 TD
nfc dpotw: KJ Wright (Seahawks) - 3 tackles, 1 sack, 2 int

afc opotw: leveon bell (steelers) - 25 car, 156 yards, 3 TD
afc dpotw: r. cockrell (steelers) - 5 tackles, 3 int

bread when can you play?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I just saw a video of Peter Gabriel performing on youtube from very recently. Now I dont have much of a visual reference for him past like the 1985 version of himself. But holy shit, this guy does NOT look like Peter Gabriel at all. I get that he is getting up there in age but fuck. His voice is fucking shot too :(

It was jarring enough to me to come post it here.

In Your Eyes is still a rad fucking song.

Nightz

OMG, I fell asleep when it was 6-6 and the Cardinals were in the redzone. Thought it was pretty much over. Can't believe so much happened after that lol.

BigAT

I think alchohol played a larger role this time! Sorry we couldn't get a game in.

XVyf5yZ.png

BigAT

OMG, I fell asleep when it was 6-6 and the Cardinals were in the redzone. Thought it was pretty much over. Can't believe so much happened after that lol.

I was in bed, starting to nod off as the Cards were setting up for the field goal. I had my eyes closed for the actual attempt and only woke up after Michaels yelled, "HE MISSED IT!"

Then I got up and popped on Discord to watch the rest of the shitshow with everyone.

Assault is far and away my worst class.

I haven't even tried any other classes. I've mostly been jumping in and out for a match or two at a time so I haven't really looked at the systems. I haven't even bothered unlocking any weapons yet and I think I am level 12.

Also I got a legendary drop from one of those boxes and have no idea how to equip it. I'm great at video games.

Somnia

I haven't even tried any other classes. I've mostly been jumping in and out for a match or two at a time so I haven't really looked at the systems. I haven't even bothered unlocking any weapons yet and I think I am level 12.

Also I got a legendary drop from one of those boxes and have no idea how to equip it. I'm great at video games.

The UI is crap as usual. To do the skins when you're on the class selection/spawn selection you have to hit L2 (I think) and then scroll to your weapon, hit x and it will then pop up a list of skins you have and you select the one you want.

This is separate from the menu you go in to buy new guns, etc.

Any more it doesn't matter
Who's right or wrong
We've been injuring each other
For much too long
And it's too late to try to save
What might have been
It's over
Nobody wins

Make believin' in forever
Is just a lie
And it seems a little sadder
Each time we try
'Cause it's a shame to make
The same mistakes again
And again
It's over.
Nobody wins

We've gone too far too long
Too far apart
The lovin' was easy
It's the livin' that's hard
And there's no need to stay and see
The way it ends
It's over.
Nobody wins

HeftyRedDartfrog.gif

Greg

Madden

Oh cool my best OL tore his ACL and is out 46 weeks because of the sim. And my starting RB is done for the season. Fucking lovely.

I'll reset the injuries after the season.

And there is no rule that you can't play the country but... All madden cpu is fucking horrible to play. I'd rather bench my starters and get sim win

brentech

Madden basically got a MUT update
Madden NFL 17 Title Update #4
41 MINUTES AGO · PUBLIC
Another tuning update is now available in Madden NFL 17 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Below is a list improvements and updates to Madden Ultimate Team.
Stability improvements for MUT Solo Challenges
Added tabbing functionality to MUT Objective List (can work on and view multiple objectives list at once now)
Added additional logic to wildcard sets inside of MUT
Other minor stability improvements

And for Battlefield:
Here are the details of the Battlefield 1 Update 10242016. Unless specifically noted, these updates apply to all platforms.

General
Fix for one common and one uncommon client crash.
Fixed a potential soft freeze in single player campaign connected to AI.
Fixed an issue where players experienced getting stuck in the globe screen when cancelling matchmaking.
Fixed an issue when trying to join multiple servers.
Fixed an issue where players experienced weapon skins not being removed when scrapping items.
Fixed an issue where players were missing “The Insider” Dog Tag.
Tweaked calculations of values in End of Round.
Fixed issue where Class Rank was incorrect.
Note: This fix may result in players going down in Class Rank to the correct rank. In this scenario, any unlocks purchased at a higher and incorrect rank will not be lost.
PC: Fixed an occasional crash when a user shutdown the game.
PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced troubles with A and X button functionality on PC while using an Xbox One controller.
PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced crashing while closing the client during streaming installation.
Xbox One: Fix for the "Trench Raider" Dog Tag not unlocking on Xbox One.

UI
Fixed two issues in the “Through Mud and Blood” War Story where no new objectives would appear.
Fixed an issue where players experienced wrong info in loading screen.
Fixed an issue where players were missing the Dog Tag counter.
Fixed an issue where English text would appear for players in non-English regions.
Fixed an issue where players experienced a placeholder image when opening the Operations menu for the first time.
PC: Fixed an issue where players were missing an option to display controller button prompts.
Fixed an issue where players experienced End of Round screen not loading.

Graphics
Fixed a crash related to soldier animation.
Fixed a graphical glitch when exiting a War Story and going to the main menu.
Fixed an issue where players experienced player icon overlapping while matchmaking on console.
PC: Temporal anti-aliasing is now the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality.
PC: Fix for a graphical issue causing artifacts in shadows.
From Reddit: PSA battlefield 1 users ----
-Hold down options to quickly see scoreboard.

BigAT

Injuries in actual games have been far more devastating for me than sim games. Lost another this week with Sterling Shepard going down for the year with an injury. Pretty sure this has been by far my worst season for injuries in all the years we have been playing.

Oddly enough, I think they have come exclusively to my offense. I have lost for periods of 5 weeks or more:

Eli Manning
Odell Beckham, Jr.
Shane Vereen
Will Tye
Sterling Shepard

Somehow Victor Cruz is my only offensive weapon not to get hurt.

rinse82

Yeah, injuries are fucking crazy.

Lynch was out 8 weeks for me, and after allowing him the maximum amount of time to heal he broke his collarbone on the first snap back lol

Wellie, I don't know who was already injured on your squad...AP is fine, but Linval Joseph is out for 6 weeks with an upper arm fracture.

And Kyle Rudolph has a partial PCL tear, out 6 weeks.

This morning driving in to work I saw a car with the lincense plate FITZG11 and an Arizona Cardinals frame. It reminded me of last nights awful game.

I played BF for a bit. Single player was ok, I sucked at MP. Probably return it to GF today. Between this and gears both being boring to me, I think I just don't like these types of shooters anymore. Sad!

Smokey

I played BF for a bit. Single player was ok, I sucked at MP. Probably return it to GF today. Between this and gears both being boring to me, I think I just don't like these types of shooters anymore. Sad!

I haven't played the SP yet, but even that from what I hear is pretty good (by BF standards). The intro was pretty great.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellie, I don't know who was already injured on your squad...AP is fine, but Linval Joseph is out for 6 weeks with an upper arm fracture.

And Kyle Rudolph has a partial PCL tear, out 6 weeks.
Everyone was healthy.

FML. Kyle Rudolph will have played 3 weeks for me this season. LJ is a top tier DT in the league. Fuck.

Luke, let me know when's a good time for you to do an old battle of ours. I'll be free after 7 PT or so tonight, probably about the same tomorrow.

Somnia

Injuries in actual games have been far more devastating for me than sim games. Lost another this week with Sterling Shepard going down for the year with an injury. Pretty sure this has been by far my worst season for injuries in all the years we have been playing.

Oddly enough, I think they have come exclusively to my offense. I have lost for periods of 5 weeks or more:

Eli Manning
Odell Beckham, Jr.
Shane Vereen
Will Tye
Sterling Shepard

Ya I've lost:

Zeke
Claiborne
Sean Lee
Jaylon Smith
Whitehead
Wilcox
Dak

all for 2+ games (couple for the season like Lee and Smith). Mine are spread out across defense and offense, but all my defensive injuries happened within 2 games of each other.

Eli Manning
Odell Beckham, Jr.
Shane Vereen
Will Tye
Sterling Shepard

I've had two injuries on defense in actual games this season, Dick Sherman missed 3 weeks and Wagner missed 8. My other injuries were all offense.

Also I apparently don't know how to use IR because Kearse is healthy but I can't activate him :(

I'll reset the injuries after the season.

And there is no rule that you can't play the country but... All madden cpu is fucking horrible to play. I'd rather bench my starters and get sim win

Praise be to Yevon. I didn't know that playing the CPU was on the table, but given that I'm out of the playoffs it doesn't matter a whole lot either way. CPU QBs are all stupid accurate anyhow.

Top Bottom