• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

I have 45 out of 53 roster spots, so with 1 FA and my 7 draft picks that's my roster. I also have maybe enough money to sign one FA.

Too bad Jamie Collins is the only FA who isn't garbage.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
On my Trade Block:
FS Mike Mitchell
ROLB Jarvis Jones
MLB Lawrence Timmons
LT Nate Garner

I need:
DT
ROLB
CB
Draft Picks

I'm going to be switching to a 4-3 scheme for next season.

On my Trade Block:
FS Mike Mitchell
ROLB Jarvis Jones
MLB Lawrence Timmons
LT Nate Garner

I need:
DT
ROLB
CB
Draft Picks

I'm going to be switching to a 4-3 scheme for next season.

be SURE to login after the draft for the position change segment then. i did this last year with the niners and it is crucial to get that stat boost for moving the OLB's to DE's and so on.

Just saw apocalypse a few weeks ago. Better than I expected, worth seeing just for the Quicksilver scenes.

And why does it say Available Funds is -28.1M? Cap Room is all that matters right??

Somnia

Maybe someone in here can help.

My brother forgot his PSN password and no longer has access to the old email address he used.

What's the best way for him to get it reset before he picks up his Pro? I told him to call Sony since he knows which email was used just can't access it.

Somnia

Is there a way to see the draft pool? Also what do the points mean on free agency?

Don't think we can see the pool till the advance when we see combine scores.

Points thing is new, I think it's a way to grade how likely you'll get the player. I think you might be able to get someone offering less money if you have the highest points? Just guessing.

DCX

DCX
Is there a way to see the draft pool? Also what do the points mean on free agency?
It seems to be a combination of of contract and other considerations like coaching, location and scheme etc.

I like that you can see immediately when you outbid/out point another teams offer.

DCX

brentech

About to head back home in a little bit. On the way back we're going to stop in Columbus and get some Canes....cannnnt wait

About to head back home in a little bit. On the way back we're going to stop in Columbus and get some Cane....cannnnt wait

raising-cane-s.jpg

I have a great amount of envy

DCX

DCX
Could make it so we can't do contracts beyond 4 years in length with FA's. Granted there's no way to police how much people spend though, it's their money!
Seems like a good rule. Some players demand 5+ years and it could go against you if you don't meet thier demand.

Although LilB got Bennett for a stupid cheap one year deal even though he was asking for 5 years and crazy money.

I pulled out becuase it was too rich for my blood and I drafyed my stud TE so I was happy anyway.

DCX

Sounds like a perverse way of manipulating the free market.

And probably a good idea.

In OOTP we do it to make sure the FA pool remains interesting. Here we'd do it to make salary cap relevant. But it's fine, I was just asking not necessarily advocating.

Oh man the points system is .... uh...well. You know where you stand at least and can make adjustments over and over.

LukeSmith

idea of 4 year max is really interesting

finally digging into my team and how bad the cap/talent situation is

fire grigson
fire pagano

rinse82

Say a player demanded 7 years, and we had a 4-year max...do you think they would eventually sign with a team for 4 or say fuck it and go into the FA pool? Because that would be shitty.

Doesn't really change much though.... Just let the market do its thing I say.

It doesn't work when the information is so imperfect. These guys don't know they won't exist in 3 more seasons so they take 7 year deals.

I tinkered with four players it a bit and adding years with the same AAV always increased the FA point total.

Say a player demanded 7 years, and we had a 4-year max...do you think they would eventually sign with a team for 4 or say fuck it and go into the FA pool? Because that would be shitty.

Yup, that's the big issue and the only reason I'm not advocating for it. OOTP devs are smart enough to build in a sense of urgency on the part of players, so as the season approaches they reduce their demands.

My guess would be that in Madden they'll just sit out until the season starts, when anyone could sign them to a one year deal.

OOTP needs minor tweaks, Madden effectively needs an entire rewrite.

But as it stands it looks like you're a fool if you don't run each contract to 7 years for guys you can safely assume won't regress a ton in 3 seasons.

It doesn't work when the information is so imperfect. These guys don't know they won't exist in 3 more seasons so they take 7 year deals.

I tinkered with four players it a bit and adding years with the same AAV always increased the FA point total.
So what? Everyone can do it? It's not an unfair advantage and it doesn't keep the FA pool fresh until the 5th season anyways. Seems silly.

It seems to be a combination of of contract and other considerations like coaching, location and scheme etc.

I like that you can see immediately when you outbid/out point another teams offer.

DCX

Last year they had bars that showed how you rated in a bunch of categories for a FA. For some reason those are all gone this year. They made the UI less informative.

Top Bottom