• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

brentech

Active teams:

Dolphins 7
Texans 6
Rams 6
Titans 5
Colts 5
Falcons 4
Eagles 3
49ers 3
Bucs 3
Racists 3
Bears 2
Panthers 2
Vikings 1
Seahawks 1
Patriots 1
Stealers 1
Bengals 1

15 teams haven't signed a single free agent.
I'm playing sim. The Packers don't sign free agents.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What kind of trade will it take for me to get a top 10 overall pick in the draft?

On my Trade Block:
FS Mike Mitchell
ROLB Jarvis Jones
MLB Lawrence Timmons
LT Nate Garner

I'll also trade my 3rd round pick.

Offensive line deficient teams, trade with me!

Tempting.

Also since the points thing came up:

http://www.deepdivegaming.com/all/2016/11/6/a-madden-17-free-agency-guide

212 is the max.

Basing everything off of points is fine in theory (even though it makes no sense to let other users see the point totals), but when the points follow an exact formula, it's easy to abuse. Let's take the example of Matt Barkley.

Matt is a free agent this offseason. Which contract do you think Matt would prefer to sign?

a 1-year deal worth $1.96 million ($1.2 million in salary and $750k guaranteed) or
a 7-year deal worth $143 million ($140 million in salary and $3 million guaranteed)
I know Barkley isn't exactly known for his great decision-making skills, but this one should be a no-brainer: More years, a much (much much) bigger salary, and four times as much guaranteed cash. Obviously Matt is taking the second offer, right?

You could not be more wrong. Because Matt only initially asked for $250k in bonus, the $750k in guaranteed cash in a single year from the first offer was triple the asking price, giving it 93 points for the bonus. The second offer got just 53 points for the bonus since it was only $430k per season (even though it was more total bonus overall). The huge bump in salary wasn't enough to make up for the point difference (since, as we learned above, you can't get max points for salary if you offer a low bonus).

Good job EA.

I mean, I think the guy gives a bad example because the one year deal is actually WAY better than the 7 year deal in the NFL (in that example Barkley is giving up 7 years of control for $1m) but the fact that signing bonus (which is the only real future money in the NFL) is weighted exactly the same as salary is stupid as all the fucks.

You think that shit is bad you should read the articles on development.

I'll sum them up for you, once a player hits 26 its impossible to make him better. Once he hits 29 he will start dying.

I thought the aging curve in OOTP was shit but this is even worse.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You think that shit is bad you should read the articles on development.

I'll sum them up for you, once a player hits 26 its impossible to make him better. Once he hits 29 he will start dying.

I thought the aging curve in OOTP was shit but this is even worse.

Its time to go back to madden 16!

I already have Amari Cooper so I am staying out of the cheese WR sweepstakes this draft :(

Or am I? Fucking Crabtree regressed like a bitch

I already have Amari Cooper so I am staying out of the cheese WR sweepstakes this draft :(

Or am I? Fucking Crabtree regressed like a bitch
Not interested in WR either with Doctson... But the dudes name is Lamar Bobo.....

You should probably just take Garçon from FA to replace Crabs!

Not interested in WR either with Doctson... But the dudes name is Lamar Bobo.....

You should probably just take Garçon from FA to replace Crabs!

Pierre's retired from football as far as I'm concerned. Richard Sherman ended him.

"Pierre doesn't matter in this league," Sherman said, per CSN Washington. Given a chance to expound on his comments, Sherman replied, "I mean exactly what I said."

DCX

DCX
- LT Tom Compton on the block 78 ovr 77+ in all blocking attributes

- HB Devonta Freeman on the block 88 ovr with 92 speed, 91 carry and excellent receiving skills

Looking for picks or defensive lineman.

DCX

Lol @ free agency model

I got sniped on all my guys

I warned everyone that it would come down to last second given how transparent the process is.

I think they auto-sign if the offer gets to green. Though my offer to Stave of 7 years at league minimum w/out a bonus was barely out of the red and he still signed it....

brentech

whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa. Watch Dogs 2 storyline is about the Zodiac Killer!?
surprise.gif

(edit: NVM, that's a extra mission)

DietRob

It looks like we won't have WR speed cheese in the draft this year. I just went through the top 25 WR's and only 3 of them had times 4.31 or under.

DietRob

So I rented NBA2k from redbox and this is the first time I've had a disk in my PS4 since around launch.. thing sounds like it's about to enter flight.

Glad I'm trading it in on the pro, sheesh.

also tonight works for me. It's my birthday today so maybe it'll give me some extra luck lol.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It looks like we won't have WR speed cheese in the draft this year. I just went through the top 25 WR's and only 3 of them had times 4.31 or under.

Draft doesn't look like it has much in the Offensive Line department.

Greg

So I rented NBA2k from redbox and this is the first time I've had a disk in my PS4 since around launch.. thing sounds like it's about to enter flight.

Glad I'm trading it in on the pro, sheesh.

also tonight works for me. It's my birthday today so maybe it'll give me some extra luck lol.
happy birthday man

BigAT

Isn't that still 3 receivers that will be 97 SPD or so? That's still kind of absurd. How many 97+ SPD receivers are currently in the league?

Greg...what have they done to you?

TEAM #TONIGHT

Me
C. Dallas
Greg
Rob
Lone
Rinse
Smokes
DCX
Honorary Vote-Shake

Happy birthday Rob!
I hope we spend your birthday doing something fruitful!

Lonestar

I'm ok with any night. I just know that if it's Wednesday, 2 of us will just have to reschedule a podcast recording (that no one listens to).

I'd just like to know before the workday is over.

Smokey

I'm for knocking it out tonight. Just get it over with. We always drag the offseason on. We should be through drafting and into the new season on Wed.

DietRob

Isn't that still 3 receivers that will be 97 SPD or so? That's still kind of absurd. How many 97+ SPD receivers are currently in the league?

Greg...what have they done to you?

Not necessarily EA baked in a 10% variation into 40 times. So we used to be able to know for sure that a guy running a 4.24 40 would be 99 speed. Now that same 40 time means he could be 91-99

DCX

DCX
Not necessarily EA baked in a 10% variation into 40 times. So we used to be able to know for sure that a guy running a 4.24 40 would be 99 speed. Now that same 40 time means he could be 91-99
Yea I noticed that. Taylor Gabriel has like a 4.28 40 time but he is a 93 speed in Madden.

Julio's time is more high end 4.3-4.4 and he is also 93 speed.

DCX

Lonestar

Yea I noticed that. Taylor Gabriel has like a 4.28 40 time but he is a 93 speed in Madden.

Julio's time is more high end 4.3-4.4 and he is also 93 speed.

DCX

Because I'm not sure if they can accurately portray Julio's strength.

Also, is there a step post draft to change positions? I'd like to get a stab at that, will probably need to adjust LB's and OLine.

Top Bottom