• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

BigAT

I restarted it once after the second quarter- because Barkevious Mingo got a serious injury.

I didn't restart the game again. I exited out and played Rocket League and resumed the game. I guess that counts as fresh starts.

Looks bad, I guess. Suspend the QB.

Were you just doing it for the jokes again?

DJ Bowser

Ban Bowser from the league, ROY is not a laughing matter.
Sounds Draconian.

Look at the stat-line from NE-NYJ In week 1. The CPU is easy to pass against. Compare this game to my other 2 and the primary difference is no picks.

It still looks shitty, and I'm culpable for restarting to reset the injury to Mingo, so I won't argue suspending the QB.

I restarted it once after the second quarter- because Barkevious Mingo got a serious injury.

I didn't restart the game again. I exited out and played Rocket League and resumed the game. I guess that counts as fresh starts.

Sorry Luke, guess I should have let you restart after all those injuries. Forgot the league is magic.

DJ Bowser

"Why do you always think the worst about me, CB!"

You accuse me of playing dirty, which I don't get. Slot Mckay is the only thing you've mentioned which 50% of the people in the league do or have done (though now it's likely just playbooks doing it); I just defended it with more vigor and pseudo-rationalizations.

Other than that you complained about my hot route usage while again- someone like LJ uses a similar amount but he has history with you guys so it doesn't mean anything. Even that I've cut down to 0-1 hot routes per play 99% of the time this year; even though I don't see logically how hot routes are different than audibles.

If I exploit any aspect of game play, point it out to me. I like to think I'm not miserable to play against unless I'm down 20+ and start chucking it deep repeatedly like an asshole.

Somnia

Wait didn't FMT say it was ok to re-start a CPU game if you get an injury? I swore he made this post once.

Regarding the other restarts, no idea. I don't know why you'd think an online game (it's online as it needs access to EA Servers for our franchise) wouldn't have issues by suspending the game to load another game. I'd agree with suspending his QB like 2-4 weeks. That'd be fair IMO.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wait didn't FMT say it was ok to re-start a CPU game if you get an injury? I swore he made this post once.

Perhaps in the past when injuries were far less prevalent. Although I specifically remember losing Vick or someone to a CPU game before the playoffs started and I rolled with it.

This year, with the rate at which injuries occur, playing the CPU shouldnt be a get out of jail free card for dodging the injury bullet for a week.

I think he said you could restart to reset injuries if you had already played and won that game against a human opponent, and there were no injuries in the first game.

Regarding the other restarts, no idea. I don't know why you'd think an online game (it's online as it needs access to EA Servers for our franchise) wouldn't have issues by suspending the game to load another game. I'd agree with suspending his QB like 2-4 weeks. That'd be fair IMO.
Yeah pretty sure what he did for Mingo is legal. Always thought it was dumb that it was. But maybe it's not either?

I was just pointing out the restart and then a literal 158 QB rating against the cpu.... 4 weeks seems like a bit much. 1-2 weeks will negate the benefit he got XP-wise.

Somnia

Perhaps in the past when injuries were far less prevalent. Although I specifically remember losing Vick or someone to a CPU game before the playoffs started and I rolled with it.

This year, with the rate at which injuries occur, playing the CPU shouldnt be a get out of jail free card for dodging the injury bullet for a week.

I think he said you could restart to reset injuries if you had already played and won that game against a human opponent, and there were no injuries in the first game.

Yeah pretty sure what he did for Mingo is legal. Always thought it was dumb that it was. 4 weeks seems like a bit much. 1-2 weeks will negate the benefit he got XP-wise.

Makes sense what CB said regarding injuries this season. I just swore FMT made a post about it not too long ago that it was ok. I wouldn't know as I never play the CPU so kind of skimmed over it, but thought I remember him saying it, maybe what Az said is right.

Drizzler is probably right, 2 weeks seems fair.

DJ Bowser

As an aside, the only difference in the numbers in this game from his average so far is the INTs.

vs Saints

21-31 483 yards 3 TDs 3 INTS

vs Bills:

18-27 404 yards 4 TDs 4 INTS

vs Jets

17-19 364 yards 5 TDs 0 INTS

This game was not an aberration for anything but the lack of picks, most of which I throw to user-coverage. I ran more than I typically do to try and avoid having absurd stats in the game.

Bread

Banned
I don't understand why the QB is being suspended for doing well? Suspend the guy who got hurt, sure. But it's a CPU game, the stats are going to be inflated.

This just seems like drizz is upset because he wants his RB to get OROY and so he's trying to take Bowser's QB down a peg.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Aren't Drizz and Bowser boys IRL? Madden is a cold cold world man

I thought this was pretty amazing as well.

Drizzler went full:
hOdokk.gif

I don't even give a fuck about RoY, Covington has no shot with this line and he's now splitting carries with Jones. But if I did!

GG Jabee, I sucked on the sticks. You converted so many 3rd and longs in the first half I was going mad. And then Covington just dies at the goaline for you to make a stand..... Couldn't believe he didn't get in on the big run. That screen at the end set me over the edge. I'm watching the replay and I still don't understand the series of animations my user does once that screens in the air. Should've been a loss at worst. You shut down my O tho. Cousins played like shit. Should've ran more. Sorry for breaking your team.

Redskins: 10
Cousins: 27.2, 11/23, 137 yds, 0 TD, 4 INT
Covington: 6 carries, 21 yds // 2 rec, 14 yds // 2 KR, 59 yds // 3 PR, 43 yds
Reed: 5 rec, 58 yds
Dunbar: 2 Tkls, 1 INT, 1 TD

Cardinal: 19
Palmer: 74.9, 14/19, 152 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT
Stanton: 92.6, 11/13, 81 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT
Johnson: 19 carries, 61 yds, 2 TD // 8 rec, 48 yds
Gresham: 8 rec, 54 yds
Bethel: 1 Tkl, 2 INT

JABEE

GG drizz. You were really pissed off on chat. I wasn't sure if my mic was working. I turned it off at the end.

I lost Carson Palmer and Patrick Peterson for a few weeks.

You sniffed out my screens pretty well. I was able to get my running game moving a little bit once I stopped stuffing it down the middle.

I survived there at the end. The tackle to save the TD on the one possession helped a lot. I still need to work on turnovers. I almost gave it away a few times before the one TD I gave up, the pick six. I felt pretty good with how I moved the ball otherwise.

Didn't RoY get something absurd like 50k xp or am I imagining things? It's a big deal but I don't think I'll be in contention.

GG drizz. You were really pissed off on chat. I wasn't sure if my mic was working. I turned it off at the end.

I lost Carson Palmer and Patrick Peterson for a few weeks.

You sniffed out my screens pretty well. I was able to get my running game moving a little bit once I stopped stuffing it down the middle.

I survived there at the end. The tackle to save the TD on the one possession helped a lot. I still need to work on turnovers. I almost gave it away a few times before the one TD I gave up, the pick six. I felt pretty good with how I moved the ball otherwise.

When your HB has 8 receptions sniffing out screens becomes pretty easy! That last one that setup the last TD should've been a pick six. God damn I was mad. My pick six was pretty hilarious. Diving catch but nobody touches him so he just get up and bolts, never tucking the ball in.

Splat

Wait, you can quit/resume CPU games in this madden?

Smokey

If you've got two ps4s how are saves handled? From what I understand one machine has to be primary...but uploading saves to the cloud doesn't mean you can access them on the secondary machine?

brentech

If you've got two ps4s how are saves handled? From what I understand one machine has to be primary...but uploading saves to the cloud doesn't mean you can access them on the secondary machine?
I'm not sure what you mean. As long as you're logged into the same account, you have access to your saved files.
What's the best way to contact LukeSmith? Twitter or PMs?
Luke is pretty easy to reach via PM in my experience.

Smokey

I'm not sure what you mean. As long as you're logged into the same account, you have access to your saved files.

Luke is pretty easy to reach via PM in my experience.

Basically does having a second non primary ps4 impact your accounts in any way when you move back and forth between the two.

For example I start Titanfall 2 on the primary system and upload the save to the cloud. If I go to the second machine and play TF2, do I have to download the file from ps+? When I'm done playing it there do I have to upload to ps+ and so the same to continue playing on primary PS4? On x1 this is seamless because everything is stored in the cloud, but I'm not sure here.

brentech

Assume you're watching Raider tonight soka, does tomorrow work for you?

Basically does having a second non primary ps4 impact your accounts in any way when you move back and forth between the two.

For example I start Titanfall 2 on the primary system and upload the save to the cloud. If I go to the second machine and play TF2, do I have to download the file from ps+? When I'm done playing it there do I have to upload to ps+ and so the same to continue playing on primary PS4? On x1 this is seamless because everything is stored in the cloud, but I'm not sure here.

Ah. Sadly it's not seamless. You have to go in and upload/download each time.

Sokantish

Assume you're watching Raider tonight soka, does tomorrow work for you?

Ah. Sadly it's not seamless. You have to go in and upload/download each time.
This is the Raiders bye week. I can play tonight if you want, but I won't be home until 9pm cst. Tomorrow works too though, just let me know a time

brentech

This is the Raiders bye week. I can play tonight if you want, but I won't be home until 9pm cst. Tomorrow works too though, just let me know a time

Wow, I'm out of it. Was thinking the Raiders played tonight. I can generally play around 9 cst, just depends on when exactly daughter is actually in bed.

Top Bottom